MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm

When we were first linked I thought we were letting ourselves in for a problem, how wrong was I?! 9 goals in 12 and what's frightening is, with a bit of work, it could be much higher than that. Him and Mane on the same pitch and a 20 goal a season striker and we can beat anyone.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Another great display against chelsea. The only stand out player. Not just his goals, his speed, vision, intricate passing,he doesn't lose possession often, and great turns are more than a handful for the opposition.
34m? He's worth as much as Coutinho.. Easy!!
What a great signing. :p
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:13 am

Salah is making Mane look average considering how Mane last season was our main man.
Long may Salah goal scoring continue.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:49 am

before we start building statues to honor him I have two questions:

1. Does he have a release clause?

2. How much?

We might be in trouble if he has a screamer of a world cup and finishes top scorer in the league.
killerp

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Doubt we will have to worry about losing him till 2019 at least. At the moment though he is a pleasure to watch and is loving every bit of it here  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 pm

Amazing.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:40 pm

Can't fault him. His awareness, passing, quick turning and ability to turn defence into attack at speed is excellent. My only gripe was the chances he has squandered so far. Should have scored 30 by now. Keep it up magic Mo
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:09 am

All palyers go through a phase of bad form a dip here and there and injuries. Just wondering how many goals will Salah end up with.
Already his got 17 in all competitions. When we signed him i would have been happy with that as a final goal tally.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:30 am

What a player. Never thought for a minute when we bought Salah that we had got hold of a world class superstar for buttons and I honestly don’t think  I’m getting carried away when I say that. I’d go as far as to say that currently he is looking like our best purchase for many many years and that includes Coutinho, Suarez and Torres.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm

I would rate him as a better all round player than Coutinho. Couts does not do it in every match and goes AWOL at times, plus he has no pace.
It's just a shame salah has to play with the likes of Hendo, Can, milner etc. We are a few signings short of being world beaters, yet. :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 pm wrote:I would rate him as a better all round player than Coutinho. Couts does not do it in every match and goes AWOL at times, plus he has no pace.
It's just a shame salah has to play with the likes of Hendo, Can, milner etc. We are a few signings short of being world beaters, yet. :(

Technically you cannot compare Salah to Coutinho as Coutinho is world class, a better and more intelligent player and that is probably why Barcelona is willing to cough up 133 million for him. Salah is in a good groove right now and has blistering pace but he is more limited that Coutinho and I don't think You could put Salah in the world class bracket yet, he is close though. Frankly it's nice to have both!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Salah is hot on fire but to be honest i think people are getting a little overboard. Lets see how the rest of the season goes and then we can put him into this or that class. His going through a very good spell at the moment and long may it continue.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 pm

kazza » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:51 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 pm wrote:I would rate him as a better all round player than Coutinho. Couts does not do it in every match and goes AWOL at times, plus he has no pace.

Technically you cannot compare Salah to Coutinho as Coutinho is world class, a better and more intelligent player . He is more limited that Coutinho and I don't think You could put Salah in the world class bracket yet,

Care to elaborate?. ............

Salah has shown in only 14 league games that he is a world beater. If I was to compare them..

Coutinho has no pace, is not physically very strong, and doesn't play well in every match. Although he can score from 30 yards, has awareness to put in clever through balls and passes etc.

Salah has that electric pace, scoring ability., does not lose posession much, quick turning, intricate passing ability., and the ability to turn defence into attack rapidly.

I'm betting he can keep this up for much of the season. hes threatend to score buckets in every match, just his finishing has been a bit iffy.

He's made a bigger impact than Torres, Suarez etc did when they set foot in the door..
Amen  :p  :p  :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 am

Most glaringly I'd say they play different positions so comparing like for like is short sighted especially considering one is a creator and the other needs a creator to give him through balls. As Redshade said Salah is on fire and to a certain extent Coutinho is a little subdued this season but if we were doing a school yard pick and I was captain and had first pick it would be Coutinho all day long. As I said in my previous post, I am happy we have both!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 am

Great counter attacking today from magic Mo, it's awesome watching us turn defence into attack at the moment. His instincts to spot Firminhos position and play the ball through for the third goal is something you are born with, you don't learn that natural instinct on a training ground. Brighton just couldn't cope with us.
Amen :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion