JAMES MILNER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 11, 2017 2:33 pm

The picture didn't look good BUT anybody with half a footballing brain and an appreciation of Milner's "character" would recognise that he was just blanking the keeper .

Maybe their goalie did put him off his stride, Sh*t happens. but the last thing I'm gonna do is start suggesting that Milner was intimidated.

Was kind of hoping that Milner might of "stuttered" his run up for the pen i.e try and send the keeper the wrong way, but that not Milner's style .

Massive disappointment he couldn't tuck it away but like i said "Sh*t happens".

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Fowler_E7 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:08 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Thu May 11, 2017 5:34 am wrote:We'll agree to disagree.
In my opinion he was like a little scared boy who was psyched out by the intimidation of the giant who was towering over him. It wasnt a great penalty at all, no matter how you look at it. Yes, if Forster had gone the other way he would have scored, but he didnt. If he was being strong and blocking Forster out, then it didnt work did it? It was, for me, embarrassing to watch and I cant think of any other player, especially from days gone by who would have stood there like that and allowed Forster to bully them ?
:no

What exactly was Milner supposed to do in that situation? he kept his head down and got on with it what else could he do, punch the guy in the face lol

or hold his face and go down like he's been shot  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu May 11, 2017 5:18 pm

MAGS would he get 2 penalties if he successfully convinced the ref that he had suffered life changing injuries and would the goalie be sent off leaving Milly to stuff his 2 penalties into an empty net  :laugh: Let's face it MAGS Thommo is being a bit of a knob so I THOUGHT I'D JOIN IN THE FUN  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu May 11, 2017 8:21 pm

Only joking, he was very brave
  :buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:39 pm

I'm starting to struggle to understand where Milner fits into our first 11 these days.....

He's too slow to play in our midfield and has gone on record (many) times that he doesn't want to play left back. Where does he play then?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:01 pm

I think he will be sold along with Can /henderson in the next season or two as klopps revolution unfolds. Squad player at most. He always puts in the same shift, but please do not play him in defence.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Man of the match today. Put in a good performance and still has an instrumental role to play in our squad. Who knows, with his experience (and PL winner's medal from his city days) he could be the calm head that help us take our first league title in almost 30 years...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:20 am

7_Kewell » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:31 pm wrote: he could be the calm head that help us take our first league title in almost 30 years...

How ??????

Milner is a one trick pony mate. Yes he works hard, but he and Hendo lack superstar quality. They didn't win us a champions league, and Im not sure they can win us the league either...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 pm

I have to say I was VERY skeptical of Milner joining us, to the extent that I thought it was a bad move. How wrong was I?
He has been outstanding since he arrived and has improved dramatically in the time he's been here. And he was FREE!
I now admit that I was totally wrong and hereby apologise for my stupidity.
MILNER'S HERE, MILNER'S THERE MILNER'S EVERY f*cking WHERE NA NA NA NAR NA NA NAR NA NAR!!
:bowdown
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:38 pm

The reincarnation of James Milner to the extent he's now resembling the glorious ravenous animal he was at Leeds ,I have to hold my hands up ,him and Wijnaldum were  tighter than Lycra on Dembele.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:47 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:38 pm wrote:The reincarnation of James Milner to the extent he's now resembling the glorious ravenous animal he was at Leeds ,I have to hold my hands up ,him and Wijnaldum were  tighter than Lycra on Dembele.

Class act, great vision, passing, fit and hard as feck, one of our best players, can play numerous positions and gives 100% every time.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Can't say enough about the impact Milner has had on the side. Not only in midfield, since he joined the club. He was great at LB, great at CM. He said when he joined us that he thought he was the best CM in the England fold and everybody laughed. Been the most consistent performer for us over the past 18 months and he should be getting more credit for that.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:21 pm

aCe' » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:43 am wrote:Can't say enough about the impact Milner has had on the side. Not only in midfield, since he joined the club. He was great at LB, great at CM. He said when he joined us that he thought he was the best CM in the England fold and everybody laughed. Been the most consistent performer for us over the past 18 months and he should be getting more credit for that.

Lets not go overboard shall we lol, Milner has been outstanding this season and did a solid job at left back in 16/17, last season he was dependable and he rarely lets anybody down and going by all reports he is the ultimate professional with all his former managers giving him praise. Towards the end of last season he was looking very leggy so I had my doubts he would be anything more than an occasional rotation player this season but he was been a revelation so far and looks like he has really grasped the central midfield position, I think back to his first season where he look completely lost in there.

Credit where its due but i wouldn't go far as far as saying hes our most consistent performer over the past 18 months, we have far more important players.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:43 pm

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2542240.html

Milner beats Champions League assists record

James Milner has beaten the record for assists in a UEFA Champions League campaign after notching up his ninth in the competition for Liverpool this season.

Milner's corner was turned in by Roberto Firmino to put Liverpool 5-0 up against Roma and top a record held by Wayne Rooney and Neymar under the current format introduced for 2003/04. Earlier in the game, Firmino twice set up Mohamed Salah goals to move on to seven assists himself.

Most assists
9 James Milner (Liverpool), 701mins, 2017/18
8= Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), 765mins, 2013/14
8= Neymar (Barcelona), 797mins, 2016/17
7= Roberto Firmino (Liverpool), 879mins, 207/18
7= Ryan Giggs (Manchester United), 605mins, 2006/07
7= Zlatan Ibrahimović (Paris Saint-Germain), 793mins, 2012/13
7= Xavi Hernández (Barcelona), 971mins, 2008/09
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:26 pm

OK credit to Milner, he puts in a shift, and I would pick him ahead of Hendo, but I'm not going to put my tongue down the back of his pants, like some in here.

Basically, I'm not kissing his ar*e.!!

We are still lacking creativity and more goals from Midfield area.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion