DEJAN LOVREN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:50 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:42 pm wrote:Various media reports say Lovren has removed his Instagram account after receiving death threats and gutter rats wishing his kid drops dead ,this is f*cking hideous,he plays football for gods sake.

If true, disgusting behaviour. Every fan base has a minority of idiots amongst them and unfortunately we have ours. Lovren had a very poor game yesterday but there is talk he was playing with a back injury. Was recently mentioned he was having to have pain killing injections to make games. Struggling to really have to much of a go at him in that scenario, especially up against one of the best strikers currently around. More of a question as to why don't we have an adequate replacement/backup in place
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Klopp mentioned nothing about a back injury. To be honest if he did, he would look even more comical. Even if Lovren was injured he should have not been on the pitch. The physio shouldn't allow it.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:43 am

bunglemark2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:56 pm wrote:Klopp mentioned nothing about a back injury. To be honest if he did, he would look even more comical. Even if Lovren was injured he should have not been on the pitch. The physio shouldn't allow it.

Only some of his lack of quality can be attributed to his injury, some of his positioning and overall awareness was amateurish.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am

Has he been injured for the last 3 years  :no He isn't doing a hell of a lot different now than when he first came here. He is not a good player at all and has no confidence because he knows fine well he is out of his depth at a club like this. Just last week he was calling out the forwards on scoring goals because they kept a clean sheet or 2 at the back. What a clown  :nod Hope he never ever puts a Liverpool jersey on ever again.

Martin Skrtel is world class compared to him  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Make no mistake about it, he is finished at this football club, it wont be until next summer but there is no coming back for him now you could see that Klopp was absolutely fuming with what was without doubt one of the worst individual performances ive ever seen on a football pitch, he was comically bad.

As for those mugs on the internet giving him abuse they need to get a life, football fans have got to be the most brain dead morons around the abuse players get online for posting even the most trivial things is ridiculous, the other day a few players did a car pool from Anfield to Melwood mucking around and having a laugh and the amount of idiot giving them abuse saying nonsense like they should be concentrating on their football and this is why we are mid table was unbelievable, these guys are human beings not robots FFS.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 pm wrote:Make no mistake about it, he is finished at this football club, it wont be until next summer but there is no coming back for him now you could see that Klopp was absolutely fuming with what was without doubt one of the worst individual performances ive ever seen on a football pitch, he was comically bad.

As for those mugs on the internet giving him abuse they need to get a life, football fans have got to be the most brain dead morons around the abuse players get online for posting even the most trivial things is ridiculous, the other day a few players did a car pool from Anfield to Melwood mucking around and having a laugh and the amount of idiot giving them abuse saying nonsense like they should be concentrating on their football and this is why we are mid table was unbelievable, these guys are human beings not robots FFS.

I think the point some were trying to make is that time spent doing a car pool and filming it may not be the wisest way to spend their time.
If time is here to make video's I think we can all agree that, yes indeed the time spent on additional training sessions would be the safer choice.
Why not video themselves in extra training session not sanctioned by the management but purely self-motivated?
I think the latter would have many fans airing views of content, encouragement and support....

As for Lovren - Klopp would be wise to ask Carra if he wants to play a few games...
Only joking. But I'd put good money on an ageing Car being able to compete for 90mins today than what Lovren could ever do.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:59 am wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 pm wrote:Make no mistake about it, he is finished at this football club, it wont be until next summer but there is no coming back for him now you could see that Klopp was absolutely fuming with what was without doubt one of the worst individual performances ive ever seen on a football pitch, he was comically bad.

I think the point some were trying to make is that time spent doing a car pool and filming it may not be the wisest way to spend their time.
If time is here to make video's I think we can all agree that, yes indeed the time spent on additional training sessions would be the safer choice.
Why not video themselves in extra training session not sanctioned by the management but purely self-motivated?
I think the latter would have many fans airing views of content, encouragement and support....

As for Lovren - Klopp would be wise to ask Carra if he wants to play a few games...
Only joking. But I'd put good money on an ageing Car being able to compete for 90mins today than what Lovren could ever do.

I disagree with that completely, first of all that Carpool was filmed whilst the players were on the way to training, so unless your suggesting that the team jog to Melwood to improve their fitness i don't see what the big deal is at all. As for your comments about doing extra training, Klopp is known for having one the most intensive training regimes in world football so our players are already training harder than most other players on the planet, you want them to do more in their spare time to run themselves into the ground completely? why should they have to do any more.

These social media videos/posts are created for fans who wish to take an interest in the players lives off the pitch, if you dont like that sort of thing then dont watch, anyone who slags off a player on social media for doing that sort of thing is just a loser with nothing better to do.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Oh use your loaf for goodness sake, managers aren't just manager's they have to be amateur psychologists too....[/quote]

You nailed it on the head, AMATUER!!!! Naivety has replaced football intelligence it seems at all levels of this club going all the way from FSG down to Klopp.

Lovren is a great example of a naive football setup, knowing his record and putting him in the firing line as our most epl experienced cb. He is not alone but at the same time he is at the wrong end of the payscale if you want to defend him.

When will this sick comedy end?
killerp

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:59 am wrote:

I disagree with that completely, first of all that Carpool was filmed whilst the players were on the way to training, so unless your suggesting that the team jog to Melwood to improve their fitness i don't see what the big deal is at all. As for your comments about doing extra training, Klopp is known for having one the most intensive training regimes in world football so our players are already training harder than most other players on the planet, you want them to do more in their spare time to run themselves into the ground completely? why should they have to do any more.

These social media videos/posts are created for fans who wish to take an interest in the players lives off the pitch, if you dont like that sort of thing then dont watch, anyone who slags off a player on social media for doing that sort of thing is just a loser with nothing better to do.

Training is not all about running. To suggest that a player like Lovren would burn himself out in extra-training sessions by learning how to time the flight of a ball or anticipate a tackle, shows a lack of awareness as far as what training is...
Let's agree to disagree on this subject.
---
Let's just agree that Lovren simply is not good enough to play for LFC.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm

[/quote]

These social media videos/posts are created for fans who wish to take an interest in the players lives off the pitch, if you dont like that sort of thing then dont watch, anyone who slags off a player on social media for doing that sort of thing is just a loser with nothing better to do.[/quote]

Training is not all about running. To suggest that a player like Lovren would burn himself out in extra-training sessions by learning how to time the flight of a ball or anticipate a tackle, shows a lack of awareness as far as what training is...
---
[/quote]

I agree Lovren isn't good enough and i think the penny has finally dropped with Klopp as well, however he isn't the only problem in our defense we have issues with the quality of our players and also the system we use. Even if we do get a better centre back we still need to sort out the goal keeping situation and the lack of protection from the midfield, we are far too open and easy to score against.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm wrote:I think the point some were trying to make is that time spent doing a car pool and filming it may not be the wisest way to spend their time.

These social media videos/posts are created for fans who wish to take an interest in the players lives off the pitch, if you dont like that sort of thing then dont watch, anyone who slags off a player on social media for doing that sort of thing is just a loser with nothing better to do.[/quote]

---
[/quote]

I agree Lovren isn't good enough and i think the penny has finally dropped with Klopp as well, however he isn't the only problem in our defense we have issues with the quality of our players and also the system we use. Even if we do get a better centre back we still need to sort out the goal keeping situation and the lack of protection from the midfield, we are far too open and easy to score against.[/quote]
Agree!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:44 pm

I think Lovren is overreacting by deleting his online profiles because of some muppets posting comments on it. I don't condone it at all but taking those steps because someone on the internet gave him abuse is weak. The man has fans I am sure and he has these accounts to communicate with them so why cut off that because of a small minority and who's to say they were even our fans anyway. Anyone who is threatening his family or stuff should be reported to the police and now there are processes in place to deal with them so that would be the thing to do.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:09 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm wrote:

I think Lovren is overreacting by deleting his online profiles because of some muppets posting comments on it. I don't condone it at all but taking those steps because someone on the internet gave him abuse is weak. The man has fans I am sure and he has these accounts to communicate with them so why cut off that because of a small minority and who's to say they were even our fans anyway. Anyone who is threatening his family or stuff should be reported to the police and now there are processes in place to deal with them so that would be the thing to do.

Easy to say when your not the one taking the abuse, he hasnt deleted his profile anyway, hes just blocked people from being allowed to make comments.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:09 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm wrote:

Easy to say when your not the one taking the abuse, he hasnt deleted his profile anyway, hes just blocked people from being allowed to make comments.

Look the  internet is full of people posting abuse because they can hide behind a keyboard. It isn't just targeted at Lovren as loads of footballers get pasted every week with worse stuff and while it isn't right it happens. He needs to stop being so sensitive and milking the situation for more than its worth. Klopp banned from talking about it at the press conference, its all over the papers and people are even trying to get him voted player of the month because of it.
Imagine having to collect that award  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:02 pm wrote:Very disappointed with Lovren so far. Look's nowhere near a £20m defender at the moment. Always seem to get caught in very poor positions and decision making and reading of the game is all over the place. Hope he improves, if not, we have seriously had our pants pulled down with this one

Just having a look at some early posts from when Lovren first joined us.

Even then many forum members were flagging up their concerns and as the years have rolled by they have been proven right, the fella just isn't good enough.

He did look a good signing based on his performances at Southampton but unfortunately for us he never replicated them at LFC.

I will prefer to remember him for his stoppage time winning headed goal in the Europa League qf against Dortmund, but it's deffo time we moved him on.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion