An Audience With...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Not been on these boards in a long long time. Life been getting in the way. Well when I say life I mean 2 daughters, and when I say getting in the way I Mean.. er.. well.. getting in the way!  ;-)

Hope everyone is well.

Just wondering if anyone has been to any of the clubs "An Audience With... " series?

An Audience With John Barnes, Neil Ruddock & Jan Molby" is touring next May/June/July, and I want to go, just wondering if anyone else has been to one of these? - Sometimes, it can be a little contrived and not worth the money (probably depends on who you get) but just wanted to know opinions / thoughts if anyone had been .....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:50 pm

. A lot of supporters clubs here book these kind of events and they are great craic. I haven't been to one with that title or those specific players but any I have went to was well worth it. That last one I went to was about 5 years ago now and they had Fowler, Whelan, Mc Ateer and Lawrenson there. It usually starts off with a few pints a bit of grub and then on to the business. After it the lads usually hang around and you can get your photos, Autographs and just have the craic with them. Just hearing the stories they have alone is well worth the few pound for a ticket.  :nod

Bite the bullet and buy the ticket mate  :nod As a Liverpool fan you won't regret it  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Redman in wales » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:54 pm wrote:Not been on these boards in a long long time. Life been getting in the way. Well when I say life I mean 2 daughters, and when I say getting in the way I Mean.. er.. well.. getting in the way!  ;-)

Hope everyone is well.

Just wondering if anyone has been to any of the clubs "An Audience With... " series?

An Audience With John Barnes, Neil Ruddock & Jan Molby" is touring next May/June/July, and I want to go, just wondering if anyone else has been to one of these? - Sometimes, it can be a little contrived and not worth the money (probably depends on who you get) but just wanted to know opinions / thoughts if anyone had been .....

Ive always enjoyed them fella ,the last one I attended was the Dalglish one in May, great night ,good food in the presence of the King and a complimentary free drink as soon as you arrive,and usually a guest comedian thrown in for good measure. Its expensive at £135 a pop but its excellent entertainment

Welcome back btw
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Sheeeesh £135 !!! Guess the translator must have been expensive  :laugh:

Went to one (not at Anfield) with David Fairclough a little while ago and he was a good cure for insomnia !! Howard Kendall was also on and I hate to admit it but he was actually quite entertaining !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:19 pm

devaney » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:25 pm wrote:Sheeeesh £135 !!! Guess the translator must have been expensive  :laugh:

Went to one (not at Anfield) with David Fairclough a little while ago and he was a good cure for insomnia !! Howard Kendall was also on and I hate to admit it but he was actually quite entertaining !!

:D
He was actually for the most part quite lucid although there were occasions were his accent splintered into unintelligible Glaswegian  :D    It was a present from the wife so I was determined to enjoy it ,since its usually me who say's "how f*cking much "
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:15 pm

Redman in wales » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:54 pm wrote:

How do you get tickets for these events? Is it through the club website, or another source. I'm sure it ain't cheap either (Ie well over 100 dabs) pricey for a dinner and a few jars
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion