Dont buy the sun - An idiots guide

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:25 pm

On April 19th 1989, four days after the tragic Hillsborough stadium disaster in which 96 innocent football fans lost their lives, the s*n newspaper printed a front page story entitled 'The Truth' alleging that "some fans picked pockets of victims", "some fans urinated on the brave cops" and "some fans beat up PC giving kiss of life" in relation to the alleged actions of Liverpool Football Club supporters on the day. These allegations were printed despite there being NO evidence whatsoever to substantiate them. The lies printed that day caused the families and friends of those affected further upset and distress. These lies also cost the s*n over three quarters of it's estimated local readers, many of whom today still actively boycott it. On February 26th 2012, the paper will launch a Sunday edition as a direct replacement for the equally disgraced News of the World. It will employ journalists from the now defunct NOTW, many of whom may have been involved in phone hacking, bribery, corruption and more. With the above in mind I would ask every single person, regardless of which club, if any, they support, NEVER to buy the s*n or the sun on sunday! Imagine how you would feel if such lies had been said about your family, friends, neighbours or acquaintances. Please DON'T BUY THE S*N!!! **Please copy and paste this as your status**
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:58 am

theres some talk in the media that the S*n are going to try and have meetings in Liverpool and to show reports that they got about what happend and as to why they printed what they did.
from what i hear they feel they have said sorry but dont understand why Liverpool have not taken this.

there was some report or something that they did 5 years ago where they said sorry and they should never have printed the stuff they did and it was based on wrong information.

its hard to understand why they dont see our point that we wish to know who gave them this information but i do feel that they are doing all this stuff now as all their emails are being looked at by the police and other due to court thing that is going on and they fear it could get leaked out.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:43 pm

i hear theres a thing going around on the web asking liverpool fans to buy or print off the front page of the S*n and put in on the side window of your car.

i understand why this is beeing asked but not sure i can do it myself.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EAD Solicitors » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Were you at Hillsborough- Can you help? EAD Solicitors represent some of the family members who have known prolonged suffering for over two decades, after enduring such horrendous loss they wish to seek justice.

EAD are imploring anyone who is able to provide evidence about what happened that day or about the events that unfolded afterwards to come forward. Please call 0151 735 100  for more details.  Please share, to get to friends and family who may have been there.
EAD Solicitors
LFC newBie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 pm

The odious Michael Owen has decided to pen a regular column
for the most loathsome tabloid ever printed ......... And I thought
this turds element for shock was gone ......apparently I underestimated
the level of low he could drop .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Actually he hasn't -

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 14m
Okay, let's set the record straight. I am not, nor will I be in the future, working as a columnist or writing articles for the Sun newspaper

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 11m
I undertook a promotional day in my capacity as an ambassador for Shinpad Insurance which was attended by numerous media reporters.

It was cleared up that day.
Benny The Noon

Postby john22 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 pm

Just when money speaks of itself. People lies, people will cheat, and people will do boycotts, but the truth will always be revealed.
john22
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:11 am

Play the video thats contained within this story. Excellent description of why we hate the *%@ so much.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... t-11251900
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:49 pm

DON'T BUY THE TIMES.

DON'T BUY THE SUN.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:28 pm

See that ***** from that loo roll has been suspended for putting racial remarks about Barkley and general nonsense about Liverpool as a city. Really is only worth wiping your ***** with
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 01, 2017 3:35 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimeryhowits » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:23 am

you have absolutely right
good to be here
jimeryhowits
LFC newBie

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion