Too many AVERAGE players in the squad.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi, Newbie on the forum starting a topic, so go easy. I thought this needed mentioning :)

Hendo isn't the only "average" player in our side. The list is quite big.
The only outstanding players in our squad who I would keep are Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Wjnaldum, Clyne, Sturridge. Thats it, SIX players.
The likes of Llalana, Firminho, Milner, Can, Matip, Lovren, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Moreno, Klavan, Gomez, Grujic, Solanke, etc....are are best AVERAGE!
Klopp is mixing quality with average players, this is why we wont win the league.

Llalana and Firminho: They play outstanding in one game, then DISSAPEAR for the next five games. Non Existent etc. only 7/10 rating at best. (that's what I noticed last season) Firminho is not good enough to start every game in the Centre Forward position, but Klopp loves him for some reason.
Milner: 6 or 7/10:  Puts in the same shift, but cant shoot on target, Can't Dribble or tackle, and his crosses are lame.
Hendo: We all know about him from the other topic.
Ox: 5/10: He was useless even at Arsenal. Can't dribble, Shoot on target, Score, or tackle.
Can: 6/10: good engine on him for box to box runs, but He can't shoot or cross to save his life, how he scored that overhead kick V Watford baffles me.
Grujic and Solanke: 5/10 Rating. Haven't featured much, but both don't do anything brilliantly.
Moreno: 5/10: plays the odd good game but is useless at Leftback.
Matip/Lovren/Klavan/Gomez: 4/10: Where do I start  :laugh: All Useless.
Alexander Arnold/ Flanagan/ Woodburn: Too inexperienced to put regularly in the first team.
Goalkeepers: 4/10: All three are garbage.

Anyway, I think Klopp is rolling the dice mixing this lot with our best players, which means we have holes all over our team. We are good in spurts, but we need MORE quality in our squad to compete for the big trophies or we will get found out.

Discuss......
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:31 pm

:help
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:07 pm wrote:Hi, Newbie on the forum starting a topic, so go easy. I thought this needed mentioning :)

The only outstanding players in our squad who I would keep are Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Wjnaldum, Clyne, Sturridge. Thats it, SIX players.
The likes of Llalana, Firminho, Milner, Can, Matip, Lovren, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Moreno, Klavan, Gomez, Grujic, Solanke, etc....are are best AVERAGE!

Mate, welcome to the forum but for fk's sake ! first topic you start Clyne is outstanding and Lallana and Firmino are at best average   :lookaround

Unsurprising that there hasn't been too many responses to your topic, I think most people are still scratching their heads and wondering if you're living next door to Algy Moon   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:31 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:51 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:07 pm wrote:Hi, Newbie on the forum starting a topic, so go easy. I thought this needed mentioning :)

Mate, welcome to the forum but for fk's sake ! first topic you start Clyne is outstanding and Lallana and Firmino are at best average   :lookaround

Unsurprising that there hasn't been too many responses to your topic, I think most people are still scratching their heads and wondering if you're living next door to Algy Moon   :D

Yes, well sorry to be blunt but my observations of the team especially last season is that Llalana and Firminho don't play consistently well. Their performances are not consistently good, that's what I meant.  The topic is not meant to be inflammatory, just livening up the debate. There are quite a few personnel that don't cut it IMO.
:)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 pm

I proved my point today folks, against Leicester, firminho was non existent today. Sturridge was far more an attacking threat wen he came on. He. Just doesn't do it regularly enough. :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:41 pm

I agree.. Signed Dalglish, Souness, Ronnie moran , shankly to shack and keegan
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 pm

About investment, owners purchased at around 250m but want a reported 1.5bn on the sale.

If we are valued at that amount, or around that, then owners who want success use that as leverage to build a better team but FSG do absolutely nothing, small net spend.

The initial sale was a stitch up from the start an easy con of a club told it has no value, who still buy their BS.

If FSG do sell ALL that money goes to Boston, not one cent will stay in Liverpool, that estimated profit should be used against sale price so the club can move forward. We have owners that dont care about football.

Klopps taken 14m out in wages for literally improving nothing and FSG watch their investment grow for doing nothing, its us that suffer, everyone else is sitting pretty.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 am

(?????)

Clyne (???) Matip (????)

(?????) (Keita)
      (Coutinho)

Salah               Mane

(?????)

Those are the positions we need quality players in who can immediately play in the starting xi.
I would even possibly think about replacing Clyne aswel.

I would keep Lallana, Robertson, Firmino, TAA, Gomez,Grujic, Solanke, Oxlaide as part of the Squad.

Solanke, Gomez, Grujic and TAA are young and are still in their development years.
Same with ither U23 players like Woodburn etc..

Karius and ward as backups.

If we want to compete we really need to start getting quality players in weak positions and gradually improving our sqaud.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:59 am

The way we are getting spanked by quality teams shows how fragile our squad is. Not just the defence, but midfield also. Hendo, Milner, Can etc. Nowhere near the required quality to finish above 4th in the league. We are just top 4-7th target wise with that lot.
Coutinho is definitely a goner next summer, so that will be another set back. Klopp has said he's happy with his defenders and our squad, although a lot of fans are not happy. Read into that what you will...
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion