Danny Ward

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Championship Goalkeeper Rankings (8+ Appearances)

Danny Ward

Goals Conceded 2nd
Clean Sheets 2nd
Saves Joint -3rd
Penalty Saves joint -2nd

Danny starting to make his mark at Huddersfield.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:42 am

Top of the league as well mate so he'll be enjoying himself!   Danny v's Rafa!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 pm

I'm among the few on here that has always defended Mignolet, and I still would defend him and refuse to accept the opinion of some posters who would make you believe that Simon is the root of all our defensive problems. He's one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen, he's made some outstanding and important saves with us, but unfortunately he's too insecure and just like Lovren, always an accident waiting to happen, and that spreads throughout the whole defence, making the entire back line uncomfortable and insecure, which is, I believe, our main problem at the moment. Our defending is very dire right now and a few changes have to happen, the goalie position being one of them.

I've been talking about Danny Ward for a while now and I really believe that the kid has huge potential. He's good in the air, looks confident and is more of a traditional goalkeeper than the other two that we have, which is exactly what we need right now. Karius is too similar to Mignolet IMO, so he's not the answer. Danny has played only a few games for us but I have been impressed of what I've seen from him and I think he could at least help us settle the defence a bit if nothing else (something that neither Simon nor Karius are capable of). At the end of the day, he can't really make the situation much worse than it is now anyway, so it's worth a try. I know that it's very unlikely for Ward to become our number one but it's definitely worth debating.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:41 am

I think Ward has great potential as well but he would have been better off going back to Huddersfield again this season on loan. Klopp sets his stall out and sticks with it so Mingolet gets the League, Karius the CL and Danny the domestic cups. So far he has had 1 game and it will be January before he plays another. Even if he decides to drop Mingolet (which I doubt) it would only mean Karius steps up and Simon sits on the bench. Its hard to know how long we will last in the FA cup so he could have anything from 1 to 5 games left before the end of the season.
This year would have been perfect for him as Huddersfields no 1 and getting a valuable season in the league under his belt.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:42 am

Reg » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:42 am wrote:Top of the league as well mate so he'll be enjoying himself!   Danny v's Rafa!

Anyone know what happened to Reg ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Danny Ward is the man. Get him in the shirt and leave him there!
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am

Gerrard30391 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:03 pm wrote:Danny Ward is the man. Get him in the shirt and leave him there!

So throwing an Unproven goalkeeper in at the deep end, is a bold move is it!??

I don't think Klopp would be so knee jerk as you mate!

Think before you post!!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Is he injured ? Thought he would have played against Everton in the cup last week.
Anyway its clear what we have needs replacing but it would be a big mistake to suddenly throw him in now and expect great things. If we can resurrect a loan move back to Huddersfield now till the rest of the season we should providing he gets games. Keeping him here this season has halted his progress. A full premier league season on top of what he had last year and we might not be so desperate for a keeper in the summer.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:36 pm wrote:
Gerrard30391 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:03 pm wrote:Danny Ward is the man. Get him in the shirt and leave him there!

So throwing an Unproven goalkeeper in at the deep end, is a bold move is it!??

I don't think Klopp would be so knee jerk as you mate!

Think before you post!!!

Surely it's the best time to chuck him in...it can't be any worse than it is at the minute?

He proved himself last year. He's got a safer pair of hands than the two we had. Joe Hart had a few seasons at Shrewsbury in league 1/2 and then ended up in Citeh's first team. Danny's had a similar amount of games at Morecambe, Aberdeen and Huddersfield.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Gerrard30391 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:03 pm wrote:Danny Ward is the man. Get him in the shirt and leave him there!

Until he makes a mistake and then the witch hunt will turn to him!
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:45 pm

He's had enough and he's off to Leicester ,hope this one doesn't come back to haunt us and there's no last minute hitches with the Alisson deal.

Good luck fella
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:11 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:45 pm wrote:He's had enough and he's off to Leicester ,hope this one doesn't come back to haunt us and there's no last minute hitches with the Alisson deal.

Good luck fella

+1
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:45 pm wrote:He's had enough and he's off to Leicester ,hope this one doesn't come back to haunt us and there's no last minute hitches with the Alisson deal.

Good luck fella

Deserved a fair crack here. I'm very happy with the signing of Allison, and I wish Ward all he best, but I really hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. Hopefully we've included a buyback clause.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:11 pm

He's come back for pre-season looking overweight and unfit. I think Klopp seriously contemplated giving Ward a chance but by risking that we would have probably lost out on Alisson.

Hope he does well at Leicester.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Been here for two years and couldn't manage a whole page in his thread, we just got Allison and he is on three pages already, speaks volumes really.

That said wish him the best and could be a good fit for Leicester although he will have a tough act to follow.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion