MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:21 am

redshade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:57 pm wrote:Yup Salah is not the best with 1 on 1. He does miss a lot of chances which can screw us up at times.

He misses them because he plays on the right, not sure why Klopp allows him to play on that side. As I said before, Mane is good enough with his weak foot to cope but Salah is not. If Salah buried all the chances he had he would be top scorer now.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:03 pm

He'll score a few and miss a few, that's just the type of player he is. He is always a threat though and his clever running will cause teams problems. In this country games don't come much tougher than City away but even they struggled to contain him. On the day he was by far our most effective attacking player.
There is a long list of players who didn't do themselves justice yesterday (Klavan, TAA, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Mingolet etc etc) but Salah wasn't one of them, he was doing his bit, he was getting at City's defence, if the game would have stayed 11 v 11 i think he would have either got on the scoresheet or been involved in at least 1 goal for us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 pm wrote:He'll score a few and miss a few, that's just the type of player he is. He is always a threat though and his clever running will cause teams problems. In this country games don't come much tougher than City away but even they struggled to contain him. On the day he was by far our most effective attacking player.
There is a long list of players who didn't do themselves justice yesterday (Klavan, TAA, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Mingolet etc etc) but Salah wasn't one of them, he was doing his bit, he was getting at City's defence, if the game would have stayed 11 v 11 i think he would have either got on the scoresheet or been involved in at least 1 goal for us.

I like him, I just wish he played on the left side. Most of the misses he has had were as a result of him playing on the right side including yesterday when he did kick it with his left but it was a tame inside out shot that should have been taken with the right foot, had he been on the left side when would have shot with a lot more power and probably buried it.  His goal and assist against Arsenal came when he was on the left side, the misses he made in that match he was on the right side. Probably coincidence but over the course of a season that pattern will emerge.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Great player, him and mane will terrify teams this season. Only criticism of him is, he can't shoot to save his life, can't shoot with his right foot, and needs 10 chances to score 1 goal. Those of you fellow posters who think it's funny...
It's OK if your playing in the EFL cup. But in crucial big matches and in the CL, it could cost us big time.
He should stay behind after training and practice shots on target. Along with Hendo, Can, Firminho and Wjnaldum. ALL of those guys are rubbish at shooting on target.
Bring on Sturridge or give us a luis Suarez. Please Lord!!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:01 pm

He could have scored 15 goals by now. :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:26 am

Really like this lad. He's quick, intelligent and has great positional play. He's also building a wonderful partnership with Mane.

The goals will come in time.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Salah now has 8 goals & 3 assists in 13 games. What a dreadful signing. I hope our nutcase manager takes him with him when he goes  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:17 pm

:D I wonder what good ol Algy will say on tonight's win.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 am

redshade » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:17 pm wrote::D I wonder what good ol Algy will say on tonight's win.

Reckon he's too busy humping stray dogs in Manchester to post here tonight...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Eagle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:17 am

7_Kewell » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:57 pm wrote:Salah now has 8 goals & 3 assists in 13 games. What a dreadful signing. I hope our nutcase manager takes him with him when he goes  :D

That's a great return for a wide toward. He needs to work on his finishing and his right foot but he looks like one of the bargains of the season.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Henry on Salah

"For me, he [Salah] is special, he has something special. He will be a special player for Liverpool."Asked what exactly he likes about Salah, Henry replied: "I like the fact that he is direct — we don’t have a lot of players like that in the game anymore.

"And yes, people will say sometimes that he needs four opportunities to score a goal. When he is able to finish all the opportunities he has then he will be more than lethal for this club."
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:27 pm

He's been brilliant for us since signing  :buttrock  Not without his faults but he has settled really well and taking things in his stride. Kind of happy we got him now after he had that stint with the Chavs because he is a better player for it.
Keeps going like this and player of the season will be decided before Christmas  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:30 pm

1st week of November and he already has 10 goals!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:30 am wrote:1st week of November and he already has 10 goals!

Imagine how many he'd have if he netted the 10 sitters he missed  :D

But seriously, this guy has huge potential. A bit more composure in front of goal and he'll be netting 25 league goal a season  :nod
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Should have had 30 goals by now, but he has two left feet. :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion