Rodgers SACKED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Surely no one was thinking Celtic weren't going to win the league this year  :laugh: That league was always a joke and only competed by 2 teams up till Rangers went bust and then there was no one to challenge Celtic so they clean up every year. I would be fairly confident they will win the league next year also regardless of who is in charge.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:28 pm

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch the SPL
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Like it or not Brendan went closer to winning the title than any Liverpool manager of the last 27 years. He had to put up with a lot of peripheral cr@p as well like that stupid 'Being Liverpool' television program and being humiliated by the club over the signing of Balotelli.
I thought he did a good job and kept his dignity throughout despite taking a hell of a lot of stick.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 pm wrote:Like it or not Brendan went closer to winning the title than any Liverpool manager of the last 27 years. He had to put up with a lot of peripheral cr@p as well like that stupid 'Being Liverpool' television program and being humiliated by the club over the signing of Balotelli.
I thought he did a good job and kept his dignity throughout despite taking a hell of a lot of stick.

He's a good manager no doubt, but I'll always be unsure of how good he really was for us because that season was a lot about Suarez and Sturridge being at their peak.

Not to mention the messiah complex...
kartiek

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:55 am

I liked him but in the end he had to go. The stick and personal abuse he got from some members on here was disgusting and uncalled for. Good luck to him. He got us to within a whisper of the title and now he's gone and won the title in another country. well done fella.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:47 pm wrote:Like it or not Brendan went closer to winning the title than any Liverpool manager of the last 27 years. He had to put up with a lot of peripheral cr@p as well like that stupid 'Being Liverpool' television program and being humiliated by the club over the signing of Balotelli.

Second place is nothing Yakka and should not be viewed as success  :no  Seeing as he also failed to replicate anything close to that again and had Suarez and Sturridge leads me to believe it was a fluke. He also spearheaded the most embarrassing campaign we ever had in Europe and what we learned from all that was that he was out of his depth. Look at the state of the squad we had for the money spent and he was involved in all the decisions. The man's own words were that no player would come in here that he didn't want. That's what he should be judged on and not some stupid program that his ego lapped up. As for the dignity  :laugh: Not much dignity either yakka in sneaking behind your wifes back with a club employee  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun May 21, 2017 1:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:34 am wrote:
fivecups » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:58 am wrote:Congratulations on winning the league with Celtic with 8 games to spare. 28 wins from 30 and two draws. Yes, Celtic were always going to win the league but they have improved immeasurably this year, great signings with Dembele and Sinclair. It didn't work out at Liverpool but great to see our previous manager doing so well.

Yep well said mate, he's building a decent little CV for himself considering he's only just turned 44.
Liverpool and Celtic are 2 massive clubs and he went pretty close to winning the title with them both. He would have learnt a hell of a lot from his time here, he had to deal with 2 legends coming to the end of their careers (Gerrard and Carragher), deal with a couple of loose cannons in Suarez and Balotelli, deal with rising stars in Sterling and Coutinho and that's without even going into the whole transfer committee saga as well.
It wouldn't surprise me if he developed into a top manager by the time he's in his 50's.

Celtic 1-0 up, heading for an unbeaten season, 106 points, 34 wins and 4 draws. Congratulations to Brendan, that is some season. Difficult to know what he should do if an offer came from a mid-table EPL club, he can't advance his stock much more in the SPL.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Despite the gulf in finances it is an achievement to go all season unbeaten and despite his connection to Celtic a matter of time before Rodgers is back in the Premier or another top European league.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm

http://igvnews.co.uk/celtic-manager-bre ... s-suicide/

Awful, awful news.

The male suicide rate in Australia has also exploded due to similar issues.

As a father that hasn't had access to his daughter in 5 years I can't comprehend how western society continues to think it's acceptable that a whole generation of kids grow up without their fathers because of idiotic feminist ideology that has infested mainstream politics.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion