Liverpool Vs Man Utd 14/10 12:30 Ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:42 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:30 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:28 pm wrote:That was a decent performance, United have been brushing teams aside this season but we were by far the better side.

Mate Mourinho came to play for a draw..he got a draw..he won his tactical battle we have nothing to be happy about..

Listening to the press over here before the game United we're going to rip our shyte defence a new one with Lukaku scoring a hat trick. Mourinho sets up the same every game, Everton had most of the ball at Old Trafford but United just bide their time and pounce on any mistakes, we didn't give them any opportunities so we played well.

Who reads the press? :D
Anyway playing well has been our trademark so far..as well as not taking the points...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:47 pm

But we are seven points adrift, so I wouldn't start high-fiving just yet. Utd are more happy than we are with today's result. I'm very worried about our wastefulness in front of goal. It's funny for a while, but then it starts costing us points
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:42 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:30 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:28 pm wrote:That was a decent performance, United have been brushing teams aside this season but we were by far the better side.

Mate Mourinho came to play for a draw..he got a draw..he won his tactical battle we have nothing to be happy about..

Listening to the press over here before the game United we're going to rip our shyte defence a new one with Lukaku scoring a hat trick. Mourinho sets up the same every game, Everton had most of the ball at Old Trafford but United just bide their time and pounce on any mistakes, we didn't give them any opportunities so we played well.

There were plenty on here saying we'd get tw@tted too.

Playing well and keeping clean sheets is a start. We just need to startting netting some goals. Or sign someone in January who can.

Personally, I'd give Woodburn a run in the side.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:59 pm

only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:46 pm wrote:
Anyway playing well has been our trademark so far..as well as not taking the points...

Today's game is not the problem, it's got nothing to do with Mourinho either, games against United have always been cagey affairs, even when we were the best side in Europe we found it tough to beat them.
The players deserve credit for their performance today, it's the likes of the Newcastle, Burnley and Watford results that have put us in a poor position, not what happened today. Season's are not scuppered by draws against Manchester United.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:59 pm wrote:

Today's game is not the problem, it's got nothing to do with Mourinho either, games against United have always been cagey affairs, even when we were the best side in Europe we found it tough to beat them.
The players deserve credit for their performance today, it's the likes of the Newcastle, Burnley and Watford games that have put us in a poor position, not what happened today. Season's are not scuppered by draws against Manchester United.

Sorry mate it was 3 points to be taken we took one..same Shiite today against the shiites..same lack of finishing quality.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:24 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:47 pm wrote:But we are seven points adrift, so I wouldn't start high-fiving just yet. Utd are more happy than we are with today's result. I'm very worried about our wastefulness in front of goal. It's funny for a while, but then it starts costing us points

No one is high fiving but the players deserve credit when they play well. Fan's getting on players backs when they have put a shift in and genuinely had a go is the quickest way to erode confidence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:28 pm

only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:19 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:59 pm wrote:

The players deserve credit for their performance today, it's the likes of the Newcastle, Burnley and Watford games that have put us in a poor position, not what happened today. Season's are not scuppered by draws against Manchester United.

Sorry mate it was 3 points to be taken we took one..same Shiite today against the shiites..same lack of finishing quality.

I can only assume that you've been watching us for about 5 minutes then because I've been watching us for nigh on 50 years and games against United have always been the same. Apart from one or two exceptions they have always been tight.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:29 pm

I can only assume that you've been watching us for about 5 minutes then because I've been watching us for nigh on 50 years and games against United have always been the same. Apart from one or two exceptions they have always been tight.[/quote]

No need to become a condescending prickkk..been around LFC for ~30 years and we aren't attending history lessons..Today was tight of course but same issues same poor finishing...that's all
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:00 pm

We done ok today, could have done better in the final 3rd but wasn't a bad performance. I think the frustration isn't so much with the result today but a build up of what we have seen over the last few weeks. It's now 1 win in 8 and it's just frustrating fans and making them restless. We need to get on some sort of run to lift spirit because this patchy form is starting to set the gloom in now and you don't want it getting worse with a few more results that don't go our way
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:10 pm

only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:29 pm wrote:
No need to become a condescending prickkk..been around LFC for ~30 years and we aren't attending history lessons..Today was tight of course but same issues same poor finishing...that's all

I'm not being condescending, before today United were not only joint top and regularly putting 3 and 4 past teams but they had only conceded 1 league goal all season as well. For some reason though some of our fans think we should just roll up and put 3 past them. People need to be realistic, it was a difficult fixture on paper, we played well but couldn't quite manage the win. I don't see why there's all this negativity surrounding the result.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:26 pm

We should have won but in fairness a point against an inform Mannure side is acceptable. I knew Maureen will deploy these tactics but i thought they would be much better. The way their fans and some pundits were licking Mannures ar$ was incredible. Lukaku and co did fek all. All i was hearing was how they would smash us etc..

Fergie loved these fixtures and always wanted a victory. I would say Maureen is probably a coward when it comes to facing us. I can't see them winning the title if they play like that against tough opposition.

Well on the positive side atleast we kept a clean sheet. We could have easily won had Can converted that sitter.
I would have personally preferred Klopp to have kept Coutinho on the pitch.
Anyhow still a long way to go in the season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Doeboy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:00 pm wrote:We done ok today, could have done better in the final 3rd but wasn't a bad performance. I think the frustration isn't so much with the result today but a build up of what we have seen over the last few weeks. It's now 1 win in 8 and it's just frustrating fans and making them restless. We need to get on some sort of run to lift spirit because this patchy form is starting to set the gloom in now and you don't want it getting worse with a few more results that don't go our way

Spot on.

We really need to get a victory and hopefuly we will start it off against Maribor on tuesday.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:24 pm

The best thing today? Chelsea and Arsenal lost :D
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

It was heartening to see the players really working for the red shirt on their back,they left everything on the field out there today and without the manager personally sprinting onto the pitch to put the ball in the onion bag he got his game plan spot on,I mean the chances we missed we could have buried that lot earlier and if Can or Matip converts we come away with a 2-0 win and its heralded as a tactical masterclass.

I thought Henderson was immense he chased down every ball and bit into challenges with real vigor and Wijnaldum had Matic gasping for breath with the intensity of his pressing, Coutinho and Firmino linked up well and Gomez was brilliant against firstly Martial and then Rashford. I think a solid display all round bodes really well for the forthcoming fixtures and I have no doubt that sooner or later we will rid ourselves of our current profligacy in front of goal and we will run up veritable cricket scores

Last thing, its a kind of sad indictment on the modern game  when a Liverpool fan  cant proffer the credit duly earned by players who gave everything out there today.  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:09 pm

We are in the same boat as Arsenal and Chelsea, 9 points off the top with 8 games gone.
If I was looking for positives one of them would be no matter who we have played this season, wether it be City, United, Arsenal, Seville or whoever I have yet to watch a 11 v 11 game where i didn't think we were the better side.
Those 5 goals we conceded away at City don't look quite so bad now either, City away is starting to look like the toughest fixture out there and we've already got it out the way.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games