Top 6 prediction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:49 pm

redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:32 pm wrote:I would be happy if we claim a champions league spot.

Title will be contested between Manchester clubs and Chelsea so top 3 is gone.

Spurs and Us will be there abouts and Arsenal will try to crack into 4th.

Im hoping we get into gear and keep up with the top 3.

4th will not be easy this season as Spurs are a tough team to compete with. They have a more balanced team then us and will fight to the end.

If Pepe gets City ticking like the way he has so far then i can see an EPL dominance from City for a few years.

Wouldn't say top 3 is gone just yet as still early on in the season but I just think both Guardiola and Maureen with a year under the their belt at their clubs and with the players they have brought in the summer have raised the bar. I'm not convinced we have raised our own bar high enough to match those two. Big question with Chelsea was always how would Morata get on in place of Costa and he has hit the ground running so keeps them in the mix.

I look at us, and we still seem to be dogged by the same issues we had last season and unless there is a change in that, it is going to hold us back and think challenging for a top 4 for is going to be our ceiling with maybe an FA Cup and a good run in the CL.
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:48 pm

redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 pm wrote:I would be happy if we claim a champions league spot.

So, same target we have been aiming at for the last 20 years?  :no

What is our goal under MR. Klopp, I wonder!! ? :help
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:04 am

With this squad we have we are not ready to mount a title challenge. So basing it on our current squad I'd  be very happy if we claim a champs league spot again.
Until we rectify our defensive frailties we won't win zilch.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 am

We'll finish in the top 4. I'm sure of that, but going for the league? I think that's way beyond us for now.

I think this season has to be about reaffirming our place as a top 4 side again. Getting into the knock-out stages of the Champions League is also a must, along with (fingers crossed) a decent FA Cup run.  Anything else is a bonus.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 am

Agreed CL place would be a success. Spurs are hindered by playing at Wembley and Arsenal are on a downward curve imo so i'd be extremely dissapointed if we didnt get into the top 4 ahead of those two teams
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Liverpool......7th at this rate
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:35 pm

5th or 6th unless we do something in January.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:53 pm

If we fail to come ahead of a spurs team who are disadvantaged by playing their home games at wembley and an arsenal team having to deal with the Europa and the whole play thursday then sunday thing, I will be mightily disappointing and it would be a failure for us in the league. Title challengers we are not but to miss out on 4th when 2 of our competitors are hindered, would really be a blow imo
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:04 am

Spurs imo will be a tough competitor for 4th. If they can keep Kane fit they will do very well. They have a very good balanced squad.

Arsenal I'm 50/50, they are hot and cold like us. If Sanchez doesn't go in Jan and they continue to pull out results they will be thereabouts. Wenger will rotate for Europa but may field a stronger side if they reach the latter stages. Laccazette has been a great signing for them so far.

I knows it's early days yet but i feel top 3 spots will go to the Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

4th will be a tough battle this season. If we click and start producing the goods we will be close aswel.

Currently considering the squads between us, Spurs and Arsenal i would says spurs are favourite for 4th.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:21 am

7_Kewell » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 am wrote:We'll finish in the top 4. I'm sure of that, but going for the league? I think that's way beyond us for now.

I think this season has to be about reaffirming our place as a top 4 side again. Getting into the knock-out stages of the Champions League is also a must, along with (fingers crossed) a decent FA Cup run.  Anything else is a bonus.

Out of interest, what about our side gives you the impression we will finish top 4?

We have the worst defence in the league, our goalkeepers are utter tripe, we cannot score in a brothel, what in the hell makes you think for sure we will finish top 4?

All the other top sides have spent money, improved there squads, we havent, where on earth is this top 4 confidence coming from?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Kharhaz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:21 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 am wrote:We'll finish in the top 4. I'm sure of that, but going for the league? I think that's way beyond us for now.

Out of interest, what about our side gives you the impression we will finish top 4?

We have the worst defence in the league, our goalkeepers are utter tripe, we cannot score in a brothel, what in the hell makes you think for sure we will finish top 4?

All the other top sides have spent money, improved there squads, we havent, where on earth is this top 4 confidence coming from?

I don't think we've been playing all that badly. We've dominated games and things just haven't clicked up front otherwise we'd have been 2 or 3 up against Newcastle by half time. Same goes for our 2 CL games and Burnley. Sometimes you go through a sticky patch where things don't fall for you.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I think we'll improve as the season goes on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Quite few of us predicted 4th.

Fowler E7 was the closest.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 pm

we cannot score in a brothel
  :laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon May 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Fowler_E7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:39 pm wrote:
aCe' » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:59 am wrote:1. Man City (fixed defense by signing top GK, RB, LB, and getting Kompany back; added more attacking talent by bringing in B.Silva)
2. Man Utd (the only side in Europe with a stronger squad are Real Madrid)
3. Tottenham (see below)
4. Chelsea (Matic and Costa are big blows, will be interesting to see if they can adjust. They still have world class players in every position)
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

2 years on the bounce of Spurs being the top competition for the eventual champions and no one even has them making the top4 ?

- They have one of the 3 best GKs in the league
- best back4 in the league
- 2 top DMs who would get into almost every other side in the league
- 2 of the top attacking midfielders in Europe
- Arguably the best striker in the league

They are by far the most balanced side in the league. Add the likes of Sanchez, Davies, Wanyama, Sissoko, and Son as bench options and they have all the makings of a side that can compete for the title never mind a top4 finish.

Fun fact: they conceded the least amount of goals last season and also finished the season with more goals scored than we did.

Because there squad is small and they dont have a home stadium, it will be months before they adjust to playing at Wembley.

Meh
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 14, 2018 10:51 pm

Ace you was pretty close aswel just Chelsea and us needed switching.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion