Spartak Moscow vs Liverpool 26/09 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Awful, just awful. Can't believe some of the chances we wasted against this average team. Don't know if I heard the commentator right, but they were even missing 4 or 5 first teamears as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:43 pm wrote:Not a disaster to get a draw away in Russia....but we have to start getting some wins from the next few games

Yes it is..one of the most discouraging attacking displays in years..A pi$$ poor Russian outfit and we couldn't get more then a goal...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:43 pm wrote:The same old deflated feeling again.. it has to click eventually.

^This.

We're 80% there. Just need a bit more time and a fully fit Lallana, Sturridge, Mane and Coutinho
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Should have won but a trip to Russia is never easy. Let's be honest, we will steamroll them at home. Now 2 games, against, on paper anyway, the weakest side in the group. Win them both and suddenly it's all back on track again with only one difficult game left. This  group is basically who finishes 1st and 2nd between ourselves and Sevilla. Spartak and Maribor are ***** and way off us and Sevilla
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 pm

To be fair it's not easy to go away to places like this gaff and win especially when you give away cheap goals and miss sitters.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 pm

only me » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:45 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:43 pm wrote:Not a disaster to get a draw away in Russia....but we have to start getting some wins from the next few games

Yes it is..one of the most discouraging attacking displays in years..A pi$$ poor Russian outfit and we couldn't get more then a goal...

As much as everyone loves the hyperbole, this isn't a disaster. We're 2nd in the group and 2 points behind Sevilla. Admittedly, we'll have to beat the Spaniards at their place to win the group, but we'll get out of this group easily enough.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Doeboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:48 pm wrote:Should have won but a trip to Russia is never easy. Let's be honest, we will steamroll them at home. Now 2 games, against, on paper anyway, the weakest side in the group. Win them both and suddenly it's all back on track again with only one difficult game left. This  group is basically who finishes 1st and 2nd between ourselves and Sevilla. Spartak and Maribor are ***** and way off us and Sevilla

Come on mate the toughest part of the trip was the flight let's not kid ourselves..we should have scored at least 5 ..but our players are mental..like our manager..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:51 pm wrote:
only me » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:45 pm wrote:

As much as everyone loves the hyperbole, this isn't a disaster. We're 2nd in the group and 2 points behind Sevilla. Admittedly, we'll have to beat the Spaniards at their place to win the group, but we'll get out of this group easily enough.

I think we'll beat Seville at their place, they got lucky at Anfield and I thought we were by far the better side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:56 pm

There are 2 worse teams than us so we should still qualify but we are like a blind dog with two dicks in attack.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Dreadful, should of beat that Spartak side at least 4-0 they are awful, pity that we couldn't hit a barn door, Firmino was absolutely shocking again and needs benching asap the guy is never good enough to lead the line for a top team
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:50 pm wrote:To be fair it's not easy to go away to places like this gaff and win especially when you give away cheap goals and miss sitters.

You won't win even against Crawley Town if you do that mate. I mean if you miss ALL your chances (which is what we did) it's practically physically impossible to win, regardless of where you're playing.

Russia or no Russia, we should have won this game, not just because of the fact that they're an average team that's even missing half of their first teamers, but because they were neither defending nor attacking particularly well but still managed to score and end up winning a point at the end. It happens to every top team but for us it seems like it's happening on regular basis now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:03 pm

only me » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:52 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:48 pm wrote:Should have won but a trip to Russia is never easy. Let's be honest, we will steamroll them at home. Now 2 games, against, on paper anyway, the weakest side in the group. Win them both and suddenly it's all back on track again with only one difficult game left. This  group is basically who finishes 1st and 2nd between ourselves and Sevilla. Spartak and Maribor are ***** and way off us and Sevilla

Come on mate the toughest part of the trip was the flight let's not kid ourselves..we should have scored at least 5 ..but our players are mental..like our manager..

Agree, Spartak are a poor side and we should have beaten them but it's not a disaster. I don't trust Karius over MIgnolet. Part of me think's Klopp persists with giving Karius game time to show his decision to bring him in last season wasn't a mistake on his part. Klopp needs to put the team first and stick with Mignolet. Klopp needs to stop this messing about with the keepers now.
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 pm wrote:Dreadful, should of beat that Spartak side at least 4-0 they are awful, pity that we couldn't hit a barn door, Firmino was absolutely shocking again and needs benching asap the guy is never good enough to lead the line for a top team

Firminho is" average "at best and disappears in matches. He did versus Leicester, and he did today. Most worrying so far this season is we haven't got a proper goal scorer to put away our chances. This will ultimately cost us I fear.
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:57 pm wrote:Dreadful, should of beat that Spartak side at least 4-0 they are awful, pity that we couldn't hit a barn door, Firmino was absolutely shocking again and needs benching asap the guy is never good enough to lead the line for a top team

I like Firmino, but he's been off the boil for a while, along with Can. Personlly I'd give Sturridge a run in the team along with either Ox or Milner taking Can's place. Probably a bit too early to chuck Woodburn in at the deep end
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Doeboy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:03 pm wrote:
only me » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:52 pm wrote:

Agree, Spartak are a poor side and we should have beaten them but it's not a disaster. I don't trust Karius over MIgnolet. Part of me think's Klopp persists with giving Karius game time to show his decision to bring him in last season wasn't a mistake on his part. Klopp needs to put the team first and stick with Mignolet. Klopp needs to stop this messing about with the keepers now.

Both are tosh and Klopp needs to start with ward. Both are giving me. "heart in the mouth" moments :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games