ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 pm

redshade » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:58 pm wrote:Ox will come good when given more time.
I guess we are used to how Mane and Salah made a blistering instant impact. It's not always going to be like that. Ox will come good im sure but he obviously needs more time.

How much time has he had in the PL and for England, and he was still muck? Now he's with LFC, and he's suddenly NOT muck??
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:35 am

He wasn't that bad mate at Arsenal, give the lad a chance let see what Klopp can conjure up with him.
His had 1 bad game vs Leicester and fan are already slating him.
Ox i think will turn out to be a good addition to the squad.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:43 am

Okay I accept that a lot of us and I include myself were not overly excited when we were linked with AOC during the entire transfer window. Klopp  clearly thinks that he can see something in the lad  and surely it is up to us as fans to trust him  instead of behaving like three-year-olds as soon as the lad has a poor game.  Before the start of the season most of us including myself would have willingly paid the taxi fare to take Moreno anywhere based on his performances since he joined Liverpool. I'm not sure that is any longer the case given Moreno's increased levels of confidence and performance.

RBG continues to  defend any criticism aimed at Lucas In the most vociferous manner. Lucas's  first few seasons at Liverpool were awful and I'm not sure that anybody would've been particularly bothered if we had let him go at that stage. Whilst I don't share quite the same level of enthusiasm  for Lucas as RBG I certainly accept that over time he developed into a useful player. 

Just maybe we could afford AOC the luxury of a season before we start castigating him !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:57 am

Not sure he has the vision to play midfield or even as a forward, Wenger was probably correct in playing him as a wingback/fullback. He reminds me of Milner as his asset is industry rather than technique or vision.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Possibly the only plus point of today's debacle,not his biggest fan but credit where credits due the lad looked up for it ,pity ( albeit from Salah) he never had like minded team mates ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 am

redshade » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:35 pm wrote:He wasn't that bad mate at Arsenal, give the lad a chance let see what Klopp can conjure up with him.
His had 1 bad game vs Leicester and fan are already slating him.
Ox i think will turn out to be a good addition to the squad.

Ox had the occasional very good game that made Arsenal fans hopeful that he might develop into a quality player. Unfortunately for them whenever he was given a few games in a row, he ended up disappointing. Lots of effort, but no end product, and lacks football intelligence.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:42 am

I've seen improvement in Ox already and I was the biggest doubter. He looks fitter, sharper and quicker already, I think it's time to give him a chance. Play Coutinho in a midfield 3 and put Ox in Mane's position.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:52 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 am wrote:I've seen improvement in Ox already and I was the biggest doubter. He looks fitter, sharper and quicker already, I think it's time to give him a chance. Play Coutinho in a midfield 3 and put Ox in Mane's position.

Yep, he showed a lot of heart yesterday I thought. He should be ahead of Milner in the pecking order now. Milner has been a fine player but his legs have clearly gone, he could maybe still do a job at a team that likes to sit deep and get everyone behind the ball like Burnley or West Brom but he's a walking red card in a system like ours.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:03 am

Best game hes had against west ham
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:41 pm

He needs more game time to get the best out of him, not just cameo appearances here and there. But will he get it ahead of hendo, Can, Llalana etc!? I'm expecting Klopp to do an awful lot of rotation.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:11 pm

I like Ox but we really should have prioritiesed our defensive frailties rather than spending 40 mill on a bench warmer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:20 pm

redshade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:11 pm wrote:I like Ox but we really should have prioritiesed our defensive frailties rather than spending 40 mill on a bench warmer.

:nod   :nod   :nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:05 pm

His pace seems to suit klopps heavy metal style of football, pressing etc. so it's a good fit. He probably needs more games under his belt though to get the best out of him.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 pm

He had a decent game yesterday because he worked his socks off. His end product is a bit off but his pace is frightening. Still think he is a squad player though so hopefully they won't try and use him as a replacement for Phil.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Always said that I like Ox even when he was at Arsenal. He was supposed to have better potential Walcott. But injuries and not having game time really scuppered his growth there. It seems like he is in the league forever but he is still only 24. If Klopp could get the best out of him and if he put his injuries behind, the money that we paid for him would've been considered a steal. But then again if he turns out to be like Sturridge, then the return on investment wouldn't have been too good.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion