ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:21 pm

At half time in tonight's England game I thought he'd been gash and I was thinking we'd dropped a clanger getting him but the second half he was great. Fast and direct. Let's have that Ox for Liverpool please :buttrock
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:45 am

Terrible buy. Represents all that is wrong with Arsenal. We need two centre backs and the fool klopp goes off to buy a winger.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Surely Klopp should play him down the wing, as he has the pace to ease past players and cross the ball in.
Not sure who will make way for him though, bearing in mind llalana still is to come back.
Squad player at most
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:26 pm

I was surprised that he wasn't given a start on the weekend in Mane's position, he should be the first choice replacement for Mane and Salah as he is the only other player who can match them for speed and directness, Firmino is average out wide so im not sure why he got the nod ahead of the Ox but Firmino is Klopps favorite and plays all the time no matter what.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Absolutely no improvement to us at all  :no  Awful decision making and clearly not good enough for any top side. Not surprised to see him play like that at all last night as I thought he was shyte at Arsenal. At the worst I thought he would be a decent squad option but he isn't. To think they actually sent Kent out on loan to make way for this garbage  :down:

Whatever they are smoking down at the Emirates now is being washed down with Caviar and bottles of Crystal if they can manage to stop choking with the laughter at how they managed to get 40 million for that waster.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:01 pm

When Klopp talked about the Ox it was in reference to a performance against Dortmund a few years back not a current assessment of his abilities, that was a worry.

The lad has clearly gone way off track in terms of his progression and is now a broken toy that needs repair, 35m million is a lot on that basis and much of Klopps current valuation centres around his flexibility rather than impact.

We have wasted that money and this transfer will not help Klopps defence during this pressure period.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Ryan Kent is a better player, and cost peanuts. 40m?  What a joke. I've never seen him do anything in a football shirt that makes me go, wow.

I'm sure Oxlaide chamberlain has got the 120k a week for five years, the Bentley and the Mansion in Formby for his transfer to LFC, plus a big signing on fee, whilst fans pay the 60 quid a ticket prices.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Nice to see he's been given a chance by fans.....Image
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:29 pm wrote:Nice to see he's been given a chance by fans.....Image

What's it been? 3 weeks or something like that? It's unbelievable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:29 pm wrote:Nice to see he's been given a chance by fans.....Image

We should count ourselves lucky, it took Arsenal fans three years before they finally cottoned on and it was a further two years before a club daft enough to buy him came a calling.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:02 pm

It's not about giving him a chance.. I've watched plenty of him for both England and Arsenal to form an opinion on him already.

I will wait till he proves me wrong, but I won't hold my breath.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Jurgen has been defending his performance the other night by saying he played with a calf injury  :laugh: That might be believable if he didn't play the full 90 minutes and why was he playing at all if not fully fit ?. He takes Coutinho off at half time citing fitness issues but yet does this  :suspect:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Its very silly to be slating someone who has just come into the club, even though he had a poor game. He is a proven premiership and international player and surely shouldnt be judged on one match? People need to wind their neck in and stop looking for things to moan about, especially since are plenty of other things to moan about at the minute.
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:12 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm wrote:

We should count ourselves lucky, it took Arsenal fans three years before they finally cottoned on and it was a further two years before a club daft enough to buy him came a calling.

Surprised at you mate, you're old enough to know better. You can remember the likes of Terry McDermott taking 3 years to come good.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Ox will come good when given more time.
I guess we are used to how Mane and Salah made a blistering instant impact. It's not always going to be like that. Ox will come good im sure but he obviously needs more time.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion