The Centre Back Situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:17 pm

I am seriously angered, confused and frustrated with our centre back situation at the moment, how an earth Klopp thinks its acceptable to go a minimum of 5 months with Matip, Lovren, Klavan and Gomez as our centre back options is beyond me. Not only are they lacking in quality (only Matip is good enough IMO) but we are also completely threadbare, if we have an injury or two we are ruined, lets not forget we have 4 competitions to play in this season.

So what do we do in case of injury, Flannagan or Can at centre back? Call up one of the reserves?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:41 pm

Im in the same boat mate as many here. We really should have addressed this problem when we knew Van Dijk was out of the picture.
All we can hope is the CBs we've got perform well and defend consistently.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 pm

Spot on mate. Klopp clearly thinks its an area that needs strengthening going by our interest in VVD. I totally get we couldn't do much if Southampton didn't want to sell him but then not to have any alternatives is just strange. Looking around, there are good CB's who have moved. Chelsea signed Rudiger, Spurs signed Sanchez. Juventus even signed Howedes on loan. Couldn't we have maybe got him on loan for a year until we revisited the VVD deal? He even played with Matip at Schalke so they would be fimilar with one another's game and helped him bed in easier.

It's as though if we can't get our first choices, we don't want anyone. It borders on downright negligence imo
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:03 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion