Squad fix up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:54 pm

We have a goalie? He hasnt had time to settle but maybe he will be good when he does?
We desperately need a left back and right back. Clyne is bang average, and for all his heroics Milner is no left back. Our central defenders are good with Lovren and Matip probably the best pairing. Klaven is dodgy sometimes and we still have Gomez to come back.
Midfield is good as well with Lallana, Henderson, Wijanldum and Can to choose from. We still need a world class midfielder though at the level of Alonso or Kante.
Up front we definitely need a proven, natural goalscorer and get rid of Origi, Ings and Sturridge.
Grujic hasnt been given a chance, but most, if not all of the loan players need to go, as theyre either no good or Klopp wont have them back.
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Clyne is a good full back, yes he's not the greatest in possession but it's very rare that he gets taken the cleaners by his opposite number. It doesn't matter who he is directly up against wether it be Sterling, Hazard, Sane, Martial or whoever he just doesn't get the pi$$ taken out of him.
If anything Milner is the weak link defensively, he's a good footballer but if teams are getting round the back of us 9 times out of 10 its our left hand side that's leaking like a sieve.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:56 pm

On Sturridge, if he's playing 30 games a season, he's a 30mill striker. If we sell him this summer, we'll realistically get 10mill for him. Him on loan will get us a couple of mill, have his wagessorted for a year, and will give us the chance to sell him for considerably more in a year's time. He'll be eager to prove himself and I wouldnt even rule him coming back to us if he manages to sort his injuries out for a season.

On our fullbacks, both have done okay overall. I'm not convinced Milner down the left does our attacking play any favors and Clyne down the right is frustrating because he gets into good positions on his best foot and still disappoints. Cant think of names but I'm sure there are players out there who would be improvements on both. Fullbacks play a very important role for us going forward and I think the fact we have Milner and Clyne being the only open players in games against opposition that park the bus has contributed to our record against the smaller sides.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:44 pm

aCe' wrote:On Sturridge, if he's playing 30 games a season, he's a 30mill striker. If we sell him this summer, we'll realistically get 10mill for him. Him on loan will get us a couple of mill, have his wagessorted for a year, and will give us the chance to sell him for considerably more in a year's time. He'll be eager to prove himself and I wouldnt even rule him coming back to us if he manages to sort his injuries out for a season. .

Sturridge by my count would have less than 2 years remaining on his contract(Jan 2019). It is also 13 years since he first made his debut in the premier league and since that time he has only managed to play 179 times. His career total to date in all competitions is 253 and has 97 goals to show for it which is about 1 in every 3.5 aprox.  The original sicknote is Darren anderton who spent 13 years at spurs managed 334 games so sturridges record is bordering on absolutely ridiculous. He is worth nothing and that is what we will get for him because he is no fool and will not take a massive paycut to go elsewhere. If we can get a fee for loaning him because that is where he is going we will be doing well but I bet we would have to subsidise his wage in any move that he's offered. He's 27 now and has one contract left in him so he will want to bosman it to ensure he gets that final pay day.
Tbh he is finished here and its obvious Klopp does not want him. I don't even think he is serious about sorting himself out either and is more interested in looking like a fool hanging around with his rapper mates. Look at the state of him recently pictured at Clynes birthday with that gold grill  :Oo:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:06 am

The most important player we need is a midfield enforcer.... to give us a spine and set of cast iron ***** to stiffen up the team when we have to play the lower league, park the bus type teams in the middle of winter.

Someone like Souness, Viera, Keane... that type of player. A leader who is vocal and backs up his words with toughness on the field.
We should be ok if we can manage that as I feel the rest of the team is not that bad. Just need someone who can put the fear of god in them when the going gets tough.

I am not a big fan of fullbacks that go bombing forward at every opportunity and put defending second.... Unless we play with 3 centrebacks.

We also need a tough nut at centre half. Good in the air and has the respect of the rest of the team to call the shots at the back.

The rest of the players we need are essentially a back up for Mane (high priority)... hopefully we have someone at the academy who can do that.

I would actually keep Migs and Karius.
ConnO'var

Postby Eagle » Wed May 31, 2017 6:50 pm

Pick 19 from the below and add the 6 new signing Klopp said we’ll need.

GK: Mignolet, Karius, Ward, Bogdan, Fulton, George
RB: Clyne, Trent, Flanagan, Randall
LB:  Moreno, Juanma
CB: Matip, Lovren, Klavan, Gomez, Wisdom, Sakho
DM: Henderson, Can, Lucus, Stewart, Chirivella
CM: Coutinho, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Milner, Grujić, Ejaria, Brannagan
WF: Mane, Markovic, Woodburn, Wilson, Ojo
ST: Firmino, Sturridge, Origi, Solanke, Ings
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:28 pm

We need a proven striker because what we have isn't good enough.
Origi... Average at best.
Sturridge... Best striker no doubt but we would be idiots relying on him. Besides Klopp doesn't rate him and won't play him.
Ings... Off the back of 2 serious injuries and very little football in 2 years makes him a non runner.
Firmino... Can see him leading the line again especially if Klopp does succeed in signing wide players. Not consistent enough though.
Solanke... Anything other than 3rd choice is asking a lot from the lad.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Solanke hasn't kick a ball for us and you've got him no higher than 3rd choice? You don't rate him then?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:39 am

leeroy74 wrote:Solanke hasn't kick a ball for us and you've got him no higher than 3rd choice? You don't rate him then?

I didn't rate him as I haven't seen him play. He has never even kicked a ball in the league before so that's why he would be my 3rd choice for the season ahead.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:03 pm

No way is Solanke as high as 3rd choice, don't forget he is coming here to play in the U23's and his wages are said to be around £20,000 a week. He's well down the pecking order but at 19 that's only natural. Jurgen does give young players a chance though so Dominic will definitely get the opportunity to force his way into the first team picture, in fact he'll probably get a decent run out in pre season. He will still be a young player in 4 years time though so people shouldn't expect miracles out of the lad.
He does have a lot of things going for him, things like strength and pace mean a lot in this country and he's got both so let's see how he develops over the next few years.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:11 pm

We have 31 players training full time at Melwood this season. The likes of Ejaria, Wilson and Woodburn made the move full time from Kirkby last year.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (15.49 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion