Liverpool v Hoffenheim Wed 23rd Aug

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Matip played really well today
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Shocking defending again. And before that Moreno was all over the place diving in....
We learn nothing week to week...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Boocity » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:26 pm

We are sitting back and getting sloppy
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:40 pm

We are back baby!! Great game great energy, 3 stooges really kicked in today as well as our attacking 3 which terrorized the Germans..Yes defence is still a liability but if Klopp can't see it by now we will need to score 4 every game :)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Well done lads into the Champions league proper. Back into the big scene, can't wait for the draw. I'm hoping we get Barcelona.

Now that were in get some f£king players jn.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Moreno, shyte. Lovern, not good. Wijnaldum, should have come off at half time, poor. Mignolet, grim
Don't overlook the negatives folks. The defence is still poor. They had a pile of chances when they cut right through.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Yup we all know our defensive frailties but I'd rather enjoy todays victory rather than moan all the time. Atleast there is something to be happy about.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Annnnnnnd we're back in the CL  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:00 pm

There was a lot of pressure on us tonight so to perform like that was superb, we basically finished the tie in half an hour. They were no mugs and that could have easily went to the wire. Great stuff.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:42 am

We had some start and they just couldn't cope with the movement. 3 - 0 up after 20 odd minutes was completely unexpected so credit to the lads for that. After they changed it up they got back into the game somewhat and restricted that movement. A proper striker though and we could have broke a record there tonight I reckon.
If Klopp doesn't bring in another CH then we are in trouble. Lovren, Mingolet and Moreno are liabilities and will be all season. How on earth Henderson remains as captain of this club is astonishing given he has no confidence in himself. He was never going to try and finish that. What was with Firmino's celebration  :laugh: Sharpshooter  :D  really!! Thought he was going to drop his togs at first  :0 .
Hopefully that we have now qualified proper we will sign some players. If Draxler is available get him and if VVD is a no go sign another alternative. A few bits of quality thrown in and we could actually do something this year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:10 am

Hoffenheim made tactical errors in initial approach and we ran all over them, could easy have been 5 within half hour Liverpool at their marauding best.

It was a lot easier than I anticipated but we saw what we are, a wonderful attacking unit with a soft centre and this must now be addressed, if not superior teams will kill us down the line.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:15 am

Can't some of you whingeing fkrs  actually concentrate on a job really well done instead of constantly looking for negatives?  :help

I thought that Liverpool and the crowd last night were absolutely outstanding. Manė is looking more and more like a serious replacement for Suarez, his of awareness  and speed are phenomenal. Firmino had an amazing game and the goal that Henderson laid on for him quite brilliantly was well deserved. Can had a great night and hopefully now he will sign a new contract as hinted at by Klopp after the match. TAA is beginning to make right back his own,difficult to believe the lad is only 18.

Brilliant night !! WELL DONE !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:44 am

I'm in seventh heaven right now, we are officially now going to play against Europe's elite  :buttrock

But this joy will be short lived if we go into this season thinking this squad is it without 2-3 serious additions. Lets not wait until January either, bad things tend to happen around that time.
killerp

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 am

devaney » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:15 am wrote:Can't some of you whingeing fkrs  actually concentrate on a job really well done instead of constantly looking for negatives?  :help

More chance of seeing the Liver bird fly...  :D

I thought that Liverpool and the crowd last night were absolutely outstanding. Manė is looking more and more like a serious replacement for Suarez, his of awareness  and speed are phenomenal. Firmino had an amazing game and the goal that Henderson laid on for him quite brilliantly was well deserved. Can had a great night and hopefully now he will sign a new contract as hinted at by Klopp after the match. TAA is beginning to make right back his own,difficult to believe the lad is only 18.

Brilliant night !! WELL DONE !!

+1 although Henderson's lay off wasn't exactly brilliant  :p

:buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:18 am

I good result securing CL but frankly they missed many chances that a top team would have put away. We really have to do something about the defending as only strong defenses progress in the CL. Clean sheets are rarer than us scoring 4 in a game.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games