only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:30 pm

Fiannlly maneeeeeeee

Salah has made a diff
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Klavan has been poor today. Don't really trust him on the ball at all...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:52 pm

I'll take that. Three points and a clean sheet against our bogey team.  Roberston...what a start!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Palace sucked and the goal was a bit lucky, but still its 3 points and a good start for Robertson.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:53 pm

3 points then... Could have been 2 or 3-0.

Defensively we did fine.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Close win... but 3 pts is 3 ots i guess. After the mancs winning their furst 2 games 0-4, this win was necessary to keep pace.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Will take that. But we need reinforcements badly.
kartiek

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:34 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:53 pm wrote:Close win... but 3 pts is 3 ots i guess. After the mancs winning their furst 2 games 0-4, this win was necessary to keep pace.

That's the important part, staying in touch with the leaders, especially given our next 2 games are against Arsenal and City.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Guess we found our LB ,really liked Robertson ,he was robbed out of assists and he placed some beautiful and dangerous crosses..Hope we stick to the lad he is clearly better the Moreno.

Game also highlighted the terrible status of our MF formation.
Neither Can,hendo,juju,Milner can deliver day in day out in the PL Klopp can't keep beating this combo we need quality players.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:10 pm

With Couts almost out the window don't you guys get the feeling we are being carried now by Mane..
If he gets injured we are truly screwed.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:22 pm

redshade » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:10 pm wrote:With Couts almost out the window don't you guys get the feeling we are being carried now by Mane..
If he gets injured we are truly screwed.

We were found wanting last season when he was away with AFCON and after he got injured against Everton. I half believe with him fit all season we can convert a lot of draws into wins, dependant on us being organised at the other end of the pitch mind.

If we had him last season we would have been safely in the group stages by now by finishing in the top 3
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Robertson looks the part ,and Matip was solid, Solanke had a decent home debut although his introduction was late and Salah looked bright and Mane spared our blushes against a nothing more than workmanlike team. I will say I shudder at the thought of that midfield line up representing this club for the 'foreseeable'  three midfielders all trying to play the one position,Milner predictable and Henderson takes playing safe to a new dimension ,and poor Wjinaldum looks completely lost. One thing is evident if the manager doesn't intend integrating or indeed using Woodburn,Ejaria or Grujic (three players that would shake up our current dynamic ) in midfield then he needs to buy and' buy quickly'.

I suppose this months fixtures are all about getting the points on the board until your form kicks in, but for my first game of the season I have to say the atmosphere was unusually poor even in the Kop (always a bad sign when you can someones ring tone) which probably reflects what we were watching unfold on the pitch.

Ah well,next up Hoffenheim lets hope it sounds a bit more lively.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:01 am

The midfield needs strengthening dramatically, even more so than the defence imo, without Coutinho the lack of quality in the centre of the park is actually quite staggering. Even when Coutinho returns he is going to need some help so in the 11 days that we have left in the window we need to be going all out for players like Draxler and Goretzka. We simply cannot let another window drift by.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:01 am wrote:The midfield needs strengthening dramatically, even more so than the defence imo, without Coutinho the lack of quality in the centre of the park is actually quite staggering. Even when Coutinho returns he is going to need some help so in the 11 days that we have left in the window we need to be going all out for players like Draxler and Goretzka. We simply cannot let another window drift by.

It's like I said mate, if he isn't planning on involving either Woodburn Grujic or Ejaria in our midfield then I agree he needs to add a quality DM in this transfer window with a touch of steel in his locker freeing up the likes of Can and Wjinaldum.

I just think our best source of invention is Firmino when he supports Mane and co and yet he's continually dropping back to support the midfield,this in itself is robbing us of our potency in attack. I reckon until we get someone in, Grujic at DM protecting the back four and Woodburn and Wjinaldum in the centre would see Firmino dovetailing perfectly with Mane and Salah and we can start playing the delightful attacking football we became so familiar with last season.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games