Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:22 am

Heard ep 5 was another epic one will be watching it tomorrow.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:51 am

redshade » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:22 am wrote:Heard ep 5 was another epic one will be watching it tomorrow.

Less action epic and more of a setup but still very entertaining for me mate .
Though after enjoying the fast pace of this season now there is only two episodes left, I'm turning into a total hypocrite.
Now I'm yearning for that time when the amount of stuff that happens in one episode used to take half a season :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:04 am

Superb season so far... appatently only 2 episodes left. I do feel that some aspects are rushed though...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Just watched episode six of Game Of Thrones .......WOW !!!!!!
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Im going to watch it tonight, have not really had time. Can't bloody wait!!!!!!!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:00 pm

Just watched it... Good episode story is changing tides now towards the army of the dead.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:43 am

This season, the dragon scenes have been epic. What good CGI and dragon art. I prefer these dragons to smaug in the Hobbit...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Yup the dragon scenes are awesome. When John touched the dragon was awesome to watch.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Couldn't agree more, the CGI for giants, wolves and Dragons has been pretty good. However this year they seem to have lifted the Dragon CGI up a notch, that Dragon assault in ep 4 was sublime
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Mr Mercedes, a story from Steven King with the raw and uncompromising brilliance of Brendan Gleeson  can only serve to make this show one of the best around. 

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:30 am

Latest episode of GOT was a bloody belter. Wow fekin wow
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:08 am

Final episode of season 7 not quite as spectacular as previous episodes but everything getting set up for next seasons climax which will ring down the curtain on this brilliant series.

Bad news is, reports suggest we may have to wait until 2019 before the 8th and final season airs.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:36 am

woof woof ! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:08 am wrote:Final episode of season 7 not quite as spectacular as previous episodes but everything getting set up for next seasons climax which will ring down the curtain on this brilliant series.

Bad news is, reports suggest we may have to wait until 2019 before the 8th and final season airs.

This season has went at a great pace. Game of Thrones is currently doing Walking Dead better than the Walking Dead...

My only real gripe is it's going to get a little soap opera like with the going ons with Jon Snow and his parentage
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby laza » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Really enjoyed this series of GOT and the faster pacing even though it did stretch the plausibility of travelling around the kingdom a couple of times :D

Of course the down side of fast pacing is some of stories and characters didn't get the same development as they did in earlier seasons.
One of the  biggest gripes here would be the Stark Sisters storyline and the completion of the tale of major characters which really didn't do it justice for me and seemed very contrived.
I also still cant work out if they were only chasing a wight then why they had to into the north. Couldn't have just a brought dead body to the Wall and waited until it turned
Though some of battle scenes this season and the Dragon CGI more then makes up for a few plot holes

Yes I think there is element of truth that since leaving Martin books that HBO are pandering a bit more to soap opera and fan's wants. Although the claim if HBO had been in charge from the start then Ned Stark would never have lost his head in first season is probably a tad harsh.

Winter has come and somebody finally got six inches of snow :D
Cant wait to still how it pans out in season 8 and for faceless gods sakes I'm hope your not right Woof.
Waiting until 2019 would be a bigger mood killer then Ser Friend zone
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:04 pm

laza » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:48 pm wrote:Really enjoyed this series of GOT and the faster pacing even though it did stretch the plausibility of travelling around the kingdom a couple of times :D

Of course the down side of fast pacing is some of stories and characters didn't get the same development as they did in earlier seasons.
One of the  biggest gripes here would be the Stark Sisters storyline and the completion of the tale of major characters which really didn't do it justice for me and seemed very contrived.
I also still cant work out if they were only chasing a wight then why they had to into the north. Couldn't have just a brought dead body to the Wall and waited until it turned
Though some of battle scenes this season and the Dragon CGI more then makes up for a few plot holes

Yes I think there is element of truth that since leaving Martin books that HBO are pandering a bit more to soap opera and fan's wants. Although the claim if HBO had been in charge from the start then Ned Stark would never have lost his head in first season is probably a tad harsh.

Winter has come and somebody finally got six inches of snow :D
Cant wait to still how it pans out in season 8 and for faceless gods sakes I'm hope your not right Woof.
Waiting until 2019 would be a bigger mood killer then Ser Friend zone

Agree with you on the fast pacing... I thought an additional 2 episodes would have made the pace just nice... right now it seems like some of the story arcs seem like summaries compared to the original pace of the series.
But still it was quite a satisfying season finale...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum