LIVERPOOL v Bayern Munich  7.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:28 pm

How bad was Renato Sanches seriously he's awful!! I hope we don't even think about signing him. He's lazy, slow on the ball, and he can't make a successful pass.

I thought Couts, Mane, Salah and Firmino were on fire first half.. that combo is gonna destroy teams next year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:59 pm

only me » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:34 pm wrote:Pretty worried,,Judging from the first half Moreno has a chance of staying....Couts pretty quite..

If Moreno played like that every week he'd be the best fullback in the league. That Kingsley Coman is quick and tricky as f[uc]k but Moreno had him in his pocket.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Well that was enjoyable, great performance. Poor Danny Sturridge.

? Worth Jurgen tapping up Matt Hummels after he's seen how good we are?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:34 pm

fivecups » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:06 pm wrote:Well that was enjoyable, great performance. Poor Danny Sturridge.

To be fair to Lovren he has been outstanding in pre season, everyone seems to assume that if Van Dijk arrives then Dejan will be the one to miss out but it mightn't be quite as simple as that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 am wrote:
fivecups » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:06 pm wrote:Well that was enjoyable, great performance. Poor Danny Sturridge.

To be fair to Lovren he has been outstanding in pre season, everyone seems to assume that if Van Dijk arrives then Lovren will be the one to miss out but it might not be quite as simple as that.

I've said it before, I dont think there are many CBs out there who are better than Lovren. It's a toss up between him and Matip for me. The main reason I want Van Dijk is his aerial ability and how he'd improve our defending of crosses. We'll always concede because of our system and style of play, the best way to try to improve on our goals conceded record imo is improving on our ability to deal with crosses. Signing a quality GK would be a close second. I'm not sure a midfielder (Matic, Keita or any other) would have that big an impact on our goals conceded.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:49 pm

Shame about Studge he just can't avoid these injuries.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:50 pm

On Sturridge, what a player, and what a shame. I hope its not serious but it looks like a muscle injury that could keep him out a while. 

I still think we should loan him out for the season. Bring in a top quality ST and see if Sturridge can sort himself out somewhere else for a year.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 pm

aCe' » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:50 pm wrote:On Sturridge, what a player, and what a shame. I hope its not serious but it looks like a muscle injury that could keep him out a while. 

I still think we should loan him out for the season. Bring in a top quality ST and see if Sturridge can sort himself out somewhere else for a year.

I think his injury was just a touch of cramp mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Sounds like it's a thigh strain. Sadly quite normal in a pre-season. Just a pity it's happened to Danny...again
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:22 am

[quote:How bad was Renato Sanches seriously he's awful!! ...

And he was linked as a possible Coutinho replacement last week  :laugh:
killerp

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:50 am

We looked unstoppable going forward but to be fair BM has been pretty poor in preseason, Atletico will defend deep so will be a good test. Salah/Mane/Firmino/Coutinho are one hell of a forward line that will be a handful for any team in the world. We went the way of pace and technical ability ( along with City) whereas especially ManUre have gone the way of size and strength. I remember Maureen complain that we were playing "basketball" against his Chelsea as we relied on long balls ( in Kenny's days) but the team he is building are going to be the kings of basketball. I love the team we are getting and the way we play as it is far more entertaining. I just hope we win rather than just look good because this entertainment and proactive attacking football needs to be rewarded. I'm sick of seeing negative football ( Maureen's' specialty) succeed.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:01 am

Thought we played them off the park.
Despite their pedigree there wasn't one of their players that impressed me.

The goals

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games