Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kartiek » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:26 pm

This is becoming a bit of a joke. All transfers that go through are usually very much out of public scrutiny. Look at Chelsea with Morata or United with Lukaku. They both failed with public approaches and got someone else rather abruptly with a behind-the-scenes discussion. The lesson is we should be flexible and have many targets in mind for doing the job.

Also, Leipzig are just annoying. They'll crash next season like Leicester.
kartiek

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:27 pm

It maybe that once Keita's release clause becomes activated, we wont be able to compete with other clubs for his signature. But still 70 million pounds??? That's like the territory of world class players.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:21 pm

It's starting to stink of an FSG PR stunt...
------

"This year we'll make big noises that we're going to sign some real heavyweight players. I agree Henry; we'll approach players that we know aren't for sale and go as public as we can, so the fans, I mean customers will believe we really tried this close season!"

"But what will Jurgen think?"
"For 7M a year - he's paid not to think."
------

I HOPE I AM SOOOO WRONG!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:43 pm

That's silly. We bid 66 millions pounds, officially. That's not a "stunt". That's exceptionally good money for a player who has just had one year of top-flight football.

People who blame FSG after this are nuts.

I blame Keita: he clearly does not want to come here enough. If he refuses to play, no club can afford to not sell. We're offering Bundesliga record money, and tripling Keita's wages.

Btw, if Keita does want to come here, and he's not allowed to, then this is essentially slavery. I don't see which employer in the real world would have the right to hold on to an employee like this. I'd stay away from dealing with Leipzig in the future.
kartiek

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:15 pm

kartiek » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:43 pm wrote:That's silly. We bid 66 millions pounds, officially. That's not a "stunt". That's exceptionally good money for a player who has just had one year of top-flight football.

People who blame FSG after this are nuts.

I blame Keita: he clearly does not want to come here enough. If he refuses to play, no club can afford to not sell. We're offering Bundesliga record money, and tripling Keita's wages.

Btw, if Keita does want to come here, and he's not allowed to, then this is essentially slavery. I don't see which employer in the real world would have the right to hold on to an employee like this. I'd stay away from dealing with Leipzig in the future.

1. I hope I'm being silly, hence "I hope I'm sooo wrong!"  :nod
2. The idea that Keita is a victim of slavery is very insulting to those who have endured slavery or are post generational victims of slavery. Leipzig have not breached any rules within the game of football and certainly have not broke any employment laws under the European Union.
  :no
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Unless the lad submits a transfer request, I think it's fair to say he's not coming here. Shame, he looks mustard.

Time to move on to other targets. Same for defence. If VVD isn't viable, then we need to bring in someone else. For midfield and £66m, we should be able to get a world class player. Surely?  ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:09 pm

The club are hopeless negotiators on the big deals they can bag players up to £35-40m but when its beyond FSG pain threshold they have no idea.

We are now into months of bids for a player that never was for sale, this is why no other club is enganging with Leipzig. We may as well have tried for Neymar its that's ridiculous.

No sometimes means no, you need people representing the club that get that, who sense it and move on.

The problem with starting at £50m, which is what we wanted to pay, then raising it by £5m every fortnight means we are now in the krap with players tied up and whats left.

Just bid for Sanchez from Bayern and Matip from Chelsea, thats £70m and two very good players, we wont though will we its too easy, Milner will play CMF  :veryangry
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:59 pm

To be fair to FSG they've already sanctioned a club record fee for Salah yet they are prepared to fork out a further £140m on Keita and Van Dijk. It's been a good while since we've had owners who are willing to back the manager to that extent.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 pm

I'd rather give our promising young players more of a role than buying cheaper alternatives to Keita and VVD that the manager isn't totally set on.

I think people should remember how Utd failed with RM for Morata and Chelsea for Lukaku despite those deals between discussed (and bids being made) for months. In this context, our own struggles are not too shabby.
kartiek

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:16 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... dical.html

Robertson will be our LB or cover LB shall i say.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:28 pm

redshade » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:16 pm wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4715008/Liverpool-transfer-news-Andy-Robertson-completes-medical.html

Robertson will be our LB or cover LB shall i say.

Bargain. Effectively a swap with Stewart. And I think Robertson will bloom under Klopp
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 pm

We fell short last year with no European football.. how the hell do you expect us to compete now we have CL football and all our rivals have improved aswell. We need recruitments, and there is alot of talented footballers that would walk into our first 11.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:43 pm

Yes we need to bring players in but at the same time we don't want to panic buy like what happened when we signed Balotelli.
IMO we should only be buying players who will improve our starting XI, if they aren't good enough to come here and walk into the team then quite frankly we shouldn't be buying them. If we don't sign anyone this summer we can always try again in January, when we are forking out sums like £70m the important thing is to make sure we get it right, we shouldn't be rushing things.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:27 am

It's approaching crunch time in terms of the interest in VVD and Keita. Personally think we will make a big push for VVD in August and he may hand in a transfer request to try and get things over the line. If things still look like they are getting nowhere, I don't think we will hang around and will have someone already lined up and will get a deal for him done quickly, whoever he may be.

With Keita,it's funny how we are not walking away from trying to get him even though Leipzig are categorically saying he won't be sold. We must be getting encouragement from somewhere. I do believe there is a figure Leipzig will accept but I get the impression they are looking to drag this out as much as possible and see just how far we are prepared to go in terms of our offers.

With £66m turned down, Leipzig are maybe waiting to see just how high we are prepared to go as the window draws to a close. Problem is, foreign clubs know English clubs are flush with cash and a club like Leipzig with no money issues and reason to sell hold the cards. They probably know Klopp is desperate for him and are expecting a crazy offer to come in towards mid-end of August that is well above the £66m they've just turned down.

One issue I have this window is the way everything is being played out in the media. Firstly with the VVD debacle and even with Keita, things seem to be leaking through to the media regarding bids every other day. Just seems to be no stealth involved and think this really harms us. Even the Salah deal was dragged out. It probably pisses off the clubs we are trying to buy off and makes it harder for deals to be done. Don't know what it is but it has been particularly bad this summer.

Compare that to say example Utd, who go and sign Lukaku in an expensive, high profile deal and it totally comes out the blue.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:55 am

According to today's Echo we have turned down a £72m bid from Barcelona for Phil Coutinho. The club have told Barcelona that he is not for sale but let's face it we don't have the best of records when it comes to holding on to our players once Barca or Real come knocking.
Losing Phil would be a disaster.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill