ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:54 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:58 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:01 pm wrote:Algymoon won't be happy  :D

Is he that cerebrally challenged individual who acts like a dog with two dicks or a pig in shit when we lose? Or that forum member whose posts are about as entertaining as watching a rash breakout from your bellend to your ballbag?

Errr, both!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:11 pm

Poor old Algy  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:30 pm

:D :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:52 am

Algy Moon is just a supporter who has an opinion and is not afraid to voice it. Love him, agree with him or hate him and think he talks *****? either way, he's entitled to voice his opinion and he does. It's thoroughly entertaining too so long may he continue.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:40 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:52 am wrote:Algy Moon is just a supporter who has an opinion and is not afraid to voice it. Love him, agree with him or hate him and think he talks *****? either way, he's entitled to voice his opinion and he does. It's thoroughly entertaining too so long may he continue.

Have too agree, Algy is so off the wall that it's hard to take offence against any of his observations on the team or "Nutcase" Klopps performance.

As the saying goes , "every village has an idiot", I guess we've got one that makes (most of) us laugh.

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:20 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:52 am wrote:Algy Moon is just a supporter who has an opinion and is not afraid to voice it. Love him, agree with him or hate him and think he talks *****? either way, he's entitled to voice his opinion and he does. It's thoroughly entertaining too so long may he continue.

Nah, just don't see the comedy appeal fella, Cheesecake/Cheesecakery he's not!
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:40 pm

It's all down to opinions. I can't stand Lee mack, Jimmy Carr, Johnathan Ross and Miranda hart but loads of people love them.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:32 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:40 pm wrote:It's all down to opinions. I can't stand Lee mack, Jimmy Carr, Johnathan Ross and Miranda hart but loads of people love them.

Fair enough, but if someone ripping into the boss every week floats your boat then you need look no further than Twitter its full to the brim of similar tools, that's possibly why we're seeing the likes of Mr. Moon on the forum as you can only pour so much Sh*t into a wellie before it spills over the top  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:38 pm

ha ha doesn't float my boat at all but I get your point
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Is Firmino deliberately dropping so deep on Klopps instructions ? I just think when he's close enough to link up with Mane and Salah then our attack is far more potent with him pulling the strings, but against Watford and Hoffenheim he was playing so deep that his impact as a play maker was nullified.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:09 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm wrote:Is Firmino deliberately dropping so deep on Klopps instructions ? I just think when he's close enough to link up with Mane and Salah then our attack is far more potent with him pulling the strings, but against Watford and Hoffenheim he was playing so deep that his impact as a play maker was nullified.

IMO:
Firmino has little choice but to drop deep because we are so lacking of creation and control in the middle of the park.
We all know we lack a composer in central midfield - Cu.ntinho looks like he wants out (so isn't the obvious answer) and we can't seem to get the player Klopp wants who could lead his midfield either.
---
Gini - is a player that could revolutionise the whole concept of a holding midfielder, but without the creativity around him, he also ends up doing the job of others and looks a weaker player in doing so.
---
For many years we have watched our managers try to fit square pegs in round holes, which is something Klopp is clearly trying to avoid.
Some may say he's already done so with Milner, but I'd disagree. Milner is a utility player with a big heart who was willing to be converted into a LB - and more power to him for doing so...
---
Anyway - to answer your point. Yes Firmino tends to drift deeper, but until we get someone to boss the midfield - this will only continue.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:13 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 pm wrote:Is Firmino deliberately dropping so deep on Klopps instructions ? I just think when he's close enough to link up with Mane and Salah then our attack is far more potent with him pulling the strings, but against Watford and Hoffenheim he was playing so deep that his impact as a play maker was nullified.

He's done okay so far I feel. With no Lallana and Coutinho, all our play seems to be down the flanks with Henderson-Can-Wijnaldum not able to control the game down the middle. Firmino is having to drop deep to come for the pass because more often than not, our wide players cut inside and look for the pass rather than attacking the byline and looking for a cross.

Quite frankly, he has to do that. I dont like the way we are playing and I think THIS setup will not get us a top5 finish. We rely on Mane and Salah making runs behind and part of Firmino's job is to drop deeper to draw the space between CBs and FBs.

Until we sort out the Lallana-Coutinho situation, I'd consider playing Firmino behind a Solanke or Origi and have him try to link up play more often.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:19 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:02 pm wrote:Is Firmino deliberately dropping so deep on Klopps instructions ? I just think when he's close enough to link up with Mane and Salah then our attack is far more potent with him pulling the strings, but against Watford and Hoffenheim he was playing so deep that his impact as a play maker was nullified.

We are obviously missing Coutinho mate, Firmino probably feels compelled to drop deep because of the lack of creativity in the midfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Firmino needs to fill in at CAM while Coutinho and Lallana are out.. and let's play either Solanke or Origi until Studge gets back fit.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:33 pm

johnbarnes » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:09 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm wrote:Is Firmino deliberately dropping so deep on Klopps instructions ? I just think when he's close enough to link up with Mane and Salah then our attack is far more potent with him pulling the strings, but against Watford and Hoffenheim he was playing so deep that his impact as a play maker was nullified.

IMO:
Firmino has little choice but to drop deep because we are so lacking of creation and control in the middle of the park.
We all know we lack a composer in central midfield - Cu.ntinho looks like he wants out (so isn't the obvious answer) and we can't seem to get the player Klopp wants who could lead his midfield either.
---
Gini - is a player that could revolutionise the whole concept of a holding midfielder, but without the creativity around him, he also ends up doing the job of others and looks a weaker player in doing so.
---
For many years we have watched our managers try to fit square pegs in round holes, which is something Klopp is clearly trying to avoid.
Some may say he's already done so with Milner, but I'd disagree. Milner is a utility player with a big heart who was willing to be converted into a LB - and more power to him for doing so...
---
Anyway - to answer your point. Yes Firmino tends to drift deeper, but until we get someone to boss the midfield - this will only continue.

My point was, is he being asked to drop deeper under instruction ? I only ask because we miss his ingenuity as part of our triumvirate  and his pressing/defending from the front, and I don't think Firmino would negate this part of his game unless he was given strict instructions to do so.

I mean, surely with Lallana missing we need at least one player that will strive ferociously to win the ball back and distribute it intelligently ,I just hope its not something he will be asked to do regularly because he looks far from happy doing it !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion