Virgil Van Dijk unofficial thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:53 am

So we just admitted to tapping up a player with that apology. Who the fook is running this circus? Swallow your pride klopp and keep Sakho then we can spend 50+ million on a new striker.
killerp

Postby algymoon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:18 pm

LFC has been in a steady decline, and still is! what a shambles transfer policy the club have, a total disarray between the bad owner and crazy manager, Just look at his transfer targets they are all useless and expensive, apart from Van Dijk, he is a top player, but the club handling of his signing situation is stupid and totally unprofessional, from the outset they should have made an official enquiry about Dijk and enter a proper negotiation with his club! What a mess, this is not a club but a cafe!
algymoon

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Think he will end up putting in a transfer request if his hearts set on Anfield.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:57 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:29 pm wrote::buttrock Rescued from daylight robbery...

:nod

We might have dodged a bullet here, time will tell if we missed out on a "star" defender but i'm not that bothered, given the money being asked I'm not convinced he was worth it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:20 pm

killerp » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:53 am wrote:So we just admitted to tapping up a player with that apology. Who the fook is running this circus? Swallow your pride klopp and keep Sakho then we can spend 50+ million on a new striker.

Should've done that before this van Dijk saga. Can anyone honestly say that Van Dijk is better than Sakho? I can't. But if Klopp goes to keeping Sakho now it just shows weakness...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:25 am

maguskwt » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:20 pm wrote:
killerp » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:53 am wrote:So we just admitted to tapping up a player with that apology. Who the fook is running this circus? Swallow your pride klopp and keep Sakho then we can spend 50+ million on a new striker.

Should've done that before this van Dijk saga. Can anyone honestly say that Van Dijk is better than Sakho? I can't. But if Klopp goes to keeping Sakho now it just shows weakness...

I'd say the knock on Sakho is not a lack of skill but an unstable personality and a degree of unprofessionalism, we should not forget that. He went out of his way to celebrate with Benteke when Palace was ( at the time) were knocking us out of CL places in front of the fans and club that were paying most his wages. Sorry but the guy is an idiot!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:50 pm

I liked Sakho, he was a bit off the wall and I'm a bit sad that things haven't worked out for him (and us) at LFC.

BUT I like and trust Klopp even more.

Obviously there was something about Sakho's behaviour that didn't sit well with Jurgen.

Let's not forget that before going into management Klopp was a seasoned professional footballer, he knows his way around the block AND the dressing room !

IMO there was obviously a problem with Sakho's lack of discipline and as LFC's manager Klopp was not prepared to put up with it or even excuse it.

I have no problem with that.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Club wouldn't spunk South of £50m on Van Dyk if Sakho was up to the job at Anfield, least you wouldnt expect an error of judgment of that magnitude from Klopp or recruitment staff under any circumstances.

Essentially Sakho was rejected by PSG and now Liverpool yet we have put £30m on him and not a single top 6 club will put that money down, hes found his level at Crystal Palace.

If it cant be done then the club has to find an alternative, there are plenty better centre backs than Matip and Lovren but as ever with Liverpool they think everyones over priced.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Cday79 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:40 pm

If only Klopp would soften his stance toward Sakho, he'd realise he wouldn't need to spend 50 mil on a CB.  Also, I'm tired of people whining about that Sakho and Benteke goal "celebration".  It was just something personal between two mates - not, I believe, intended to rub the club's nose in it... although given their treatment by Klopp, both would've had justification to do so.  Besides, blame Palace for him being pitch-side, to start with.  How many times have you seen an ineligible player sitting on the bench in team kit?

kazza wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:20 pm wrote:

I'd say the knock on Sakho is not a lack of skill but an unstable personality and a degree of unprofessionalism, we should not forget that. He went out of his way to celebrate with Benteke when Palace was ( at the time) were knocking us out of CL places in front of the fans and club that were paying most his wages. Sorry but the guy is an idiot!

Speaking of idiots, it's also pretty idiotic to banish the best defender at your disposal, without having an equal replacement.  We should also not forget, that instead of sitting on Palace's bench, and mucking around with Benteke, he should've been in the heart of the Liverpool defence, stopping him from scoring.
Cday79
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:03 pm

So let me get this right....we shouldn't sign a world class defender....instead we should keep an above average one instead  :laugh:

In other news, we're not the only ones to have spoke with VVD and his agent...http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/815483/Southampton-Chelsea-Transfer-Approach-Virgil-van-Dijk-Liverpool
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Im sure i read somewhere that Maureen convinced Morata to join Mancs prior to enquiring about transfer from club. I think majority of clubs do this anyway.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:03 am

According to this, someone at the club blabbed to the media that he chose us. If true that would be absolute amateurism and that person should be shown the door.

http://www.90min.com/posts/5119413-revealed-what-exactly-did-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-do-to-tap-up-virgil-van-dijk?a_aid=35322

As was said, most clubs do it and that is how business is done but usually they do not leak to he media before contact is made at official level. I hope it is not true because that would seriously affect my confidence in the administration.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Cday79 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:40 pm wrote:

Speaking of idiots, it's also pretty idiotic to banish the best defender at your disposal, without having an equal replacement.  We should also not forget, that instead of sitting on Palace's bench, and mucking around with Benteke, he should've been in the heart of the Liverpool defence, stopping him from scoring.

So, are you, implying that our manager is an idiot in ostracizing Sakho   ???

I'm sick to the back teeth of people insinuating the manager is prone to making rash decisions particularly in the case of both Sakho and Sturridge and to suggest that the former never received any backing off Klopp is especially ludicrous in light of his latest escapade in seeking an elaborate yet well-rehearsed hand dance with Benteke after Benteke originally refused to rejoice in the goal out of respect to the Reds traveling supporters.

The guys a cunt, suck it up!
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:17 pm

I just can't understand why our management and club owner do the right thing and submit an official request to purchase to Van Dijk' from his club, and do the business properly. Southampton is never going to ask LFC  'Do you want to buy him' no chance. This is an idiotic stand by our stupid owner and management. If LFC makes this official move, then Van Dijk will force his club to sell him. I think Chelsea will grab him for less than £50M!.

This Saga is down to the nutcase of manager that we have, we have our best Central Defender in Sakho, and I see no reason why to spend £70M on another CD! it should be spend on CF, it is madness.. this club is in disarray!
algymoon

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:12 pm

algymoon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:17 pm wrote:I just can't understand why our management and club owner do the right thing and submit an official request to purchase to Van Dijk' from his club, and do the business properly. Southampton is never going to ask LFC  'Do you want to buy him' no chance. This is an idiotic stand by our stupid owner and management. If LFC makes this official move, then Van Dijk will force his club to sell him. I think Chelsea will grab him for less than £50M!.

This Saga is down to the nutcase of manager that we have, we have our best Central Defender in Sakho, and I see no reason why to spend £70M on another CD! it should be spend on CF, it is madness.. this club is in disarray!
Attachments
thething28.jpg
thething28.jpg (44.04 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion