Kasper Schmeichel - would you sign him?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Since the summer we've been linked with Kasper Schmeichel. Apparently, we enquired about him in the summer, but were told to f**k off by Ranieri. However, since then, the rumours have got stronger and - unless the press has the wrong end of the wrong stick - I think we're interested in him. Would you sign him? Apparently £20 million would be the fee...

He's a good keeper and I think he'll be off sooner or later, as it becomes obvious that Leicester will never repeat their success. In fact, if they're lucky, they'll do well to stay in the league. I don't think Maure will ever go for him and City are going to persist with Bravo, which will leave Spurs probably bidding for his services. Given that he's a proven Premiership keeper and good ones don't become available often, I think it's a no brainer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:00 pm

His a good keeper i would consider him for sure.
It would be funny though father played for one rival of mancs and son went to the other.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:33 pm

I would rather him than Hart any day regardless of who his old lad played for. The fact that he is the son of a once great keeper is a bonus imo as he can tap into that knowledge. He would definitely be an improvement over what we have.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:52 pm

I'd think he'd like to stick around and see how Leicester do in the Champions League. Are they gonna win it? No- but it's the only competition they've consistently looked good in this year.

I'd certainly take him- tho Mignolet has looked significantly better since coming back into the lineup.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:20 am

Seems a sound keeper. Never really much drama around him and does the job without too much fuss. Although 30 is not really old for a keeper, just wonder if we would pay up for someone whose just turned 30. Can't see Leicester letting him go cheaply.
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:20 am

Joe Hart is a better keeper than kasper smeichel.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Not for me and its purely down to his old fella, I know thats really bitter but its how I feel, despise Peter Schmieichel.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Has Mingolet done much wrong this season? Many felt he was unlucky to lose his spot to Karius in the first place (he was actually playing quite well when he was dropped) and since his return to the side against Boro we have conceded just 1 goal in 6 hours of football. This is Mingolets 4th season with us now and who knows, maybe he is finally starting to feel at home at Liverpool and comfortable between the sticks.
Btw I'm not saying we don't need a world class keeper I'm just throwing it out there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:23 pm

To be fair to Mignolet, he has done alright this season. Think people are just nervous because in the back of tbeir minds they are probably vary that he is capable of poor moments going by history. .

However on what he has done so far this seasom, dont think anyone can really have a pop at him
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:57 pm

For me, Schmeichel and Hart are no better than what we have.

Schmeichel has spent much of his career in the lower leagues, is now 30, and frankly has only had one good season in the top flight. He's made his share of mistakes too over the years.

Hart is a liability. Good shot stopper but his England performances especially in recent years have been a joke. I dont buy that City let him go purely to get someone in who was better with ball at feet. They clearly recognised that his performances were on the slide and he has too many mistakes in big games in him.

I'm not saying Mignolet or Karius are great, but if we did replace them I would aim higher than these two. I also think Klopp will replace Mignolet in the summer but Karius will be retained in the hope he matures.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Karius needs a season out on loan to find his feet, without the media spotlight on his back. Somewhere like Stoke, Watford or Southampton would benefit him no end.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:02 am

We need to loan him out and forget who we loaned him to

I think schmeichel is better than what we have ...but theres better out there ..his name alone makes me wanna throw up
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill