Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed May 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Of the 5-10 players we keep getting linked to by those reputable journalists, I think we'll only sign 1 or 2. The other players we sign I reckon will be a bit of the blue. Will be exciting to see what happens over the next month. No World Cup or Euros should make it a bit easier to do deals before pre-season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 24, 2017 5:23 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed May 24, 2017 3:44 pm wrote:So many journalists throw out so many links but I can't recall one reputable one that said we were going to try to bring in Mane or Karius in until it came to few weeks before the deals were actually concluded. We get linked to literally 100+ players every summer window.

Agree, a lot of journo's do just throw out names and hope some mud sticks but I do recollect reading about both Mane and Karius well before  the build up to their signings.. Nowadays its' very difficult to keep things hushed up. What with agent's and even the selling clubs leaking info to the media to suit their agendas.

Klopp may well be talking to players himself, but the players agent will know and God knows who else associated with the player/agent will know. Things can trickle down and then out quite easily, especially with the advent of social media. Secondly, clubs who we are up against for the same players may well know we are in for the same player, and the leak could be at that end.

The days of a manager dealing straight with the player and doing a deal on the quiet without it being leaked are long gone. Can still happen, but there are many more parties with a vested interest in a transfer nowadays
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed May 24, 2017 4:22 pm wrote:Of the 5-10 players we keep getting linked to by those reputable journalists, I think we'll only sign 1 or 2. The other players we sign I reckon will be a bit of the blue. Will be exciting to see what happens over the next month. No World Cup or Euros should make it a bit easier to do deals before pre-season.

I'd say, as a club, we use the media to our advantage to. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we leak out names of players we have no real intention in signing purely to divert attention from what we really want to do in the hope we can carry on with our business and pull out surprises out the bag. However, it can be difficult to do in today's day and age and transfers nowadays can really be a game of cat and mouse.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Wed May 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Interesting from Klopp...

Klopp did rule out signing another holding midfielder despite his team's vulnerability to opposition counter-attacks.
'Second balls after set-pieces, another defensive midfielder would not really be around this situation so it does not help a lot,' the German said.
'Half-spaces when counter-pressing does not work, it's all about organisation. We did already much better in the last few games and we improved around set-pieces a lot.'
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Doeboy » Wed May 24, 2017 4:38 pm wrote:Interesting from Klopp...

Klopp did rule out signing another holding midfielder despite his team's vulnerability to opposition counter-attacks.
'Second balls after set-pieces, another defensive midfielder would not really be around this situation so it does not help a lot,' the German said.
'Half-spaces when counter-pressing does not work, it's all about organisation. We did already much better in the last few games and we improved around set-pieces a lot.'

hmm...not sure I agree with that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 25, 2017 10:17 pm

Experienced left back but he will be 32 yrs old this July. wouldn't mind him part of the squad though playing in cup matches or when required.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:39 am

God no, he's fallen off big time was terrible for city the past 3 years
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 26, 2017 1:26 pm

I see the Brazil national team coach has said that Barcelona should sign Coutinho  :glare:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 26, 2017 1:51 pm

I wouldn't want Clichy here myself  :no

Klopp is saying that pretty much all the work is done on transfers and that we have the money to make 5 signings if we need to. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 56726.html
The article also lists Sessignon and Robertson as targets along with Keita and his team mate Werner. Leipzig are playing hardball by saying they don't want to sell any of their 1st teamers so if we do get them it will be costly.

Mingolet

Clyne                   Matip                     Van Dyjk          Robertson

Wijnaldum          Keita

Mane               Coutinho              Firmino

Werner

Those 4 going into our starting 11 would be a good bit of business. Keita, Werner and Van Dyjk would be marquee and Robertson would be a cheap option to fill a gap. If we then signed the likes of Gray on top of that as cover then we will have strengthened well. Those 3 players are the ones we should be pushing the boat out for first.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Who's this Werner fella? I can't say I've ever heard of him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri May 26, 2017 5:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 26, 2017 3:34 pm wrote:Who's this Werner fella? I can't say I've ever heard of him.

21 year old German striker at Leipzig. They bought him last summer from Stuttgart. He was linked with a few English teams while at Stuttgart but chose to stay there and Leipzig took him last summer after Stuttgart got relegated. Scoring record wasn't nothing to shout about at Stuttgart but he has 21 in 31 for Leipzig this season.

Quite versatile, can play up top but also in one of the wider positions if need be. Quick and quite direct. Think he would be a cracking signing however don't see Leipzig letting him go or Keita for that matter (although there was a report that £50m+ may be enough to convince them to part with Keita)
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Fri May 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Keita and Van Dijk again today this time £50m a piece.

Fair to say we want both but doubt Keita will cost £50m in a one that off transfer fee, possibly that number is the package price over several years.

Both will no doubt have better offers and arguably bigger clubs but its if they want to play most weeks or have no issue sitting on the bench.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Doeboy » Fri May 26, 2017 4:31 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 26, 2017 3:34 pm wrote:Who's this Werner fella? I can't say I've ever heard of him.

21 year old German striker at Leipzig. They bought him last summer from Stuttgart. He was linked with a few English teams while at Stuttgart but chose to stay there and Leipzig took him last summer after Stuttgart got relegated. Scoring record wasn't nothing to shout about at Stuttgart but he has 21 in 31 for Leipzig this season.

Quite versatile, can play up top but also in one of the wider positions if need be. Quick and quite direct. Think he would be a cracking signing however don't see Leipzig letting him go or Keita for that matter (although there was a report that £50m+ may be enough to convince them to part with Keita)

Thanks mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 26, 2017 8:35 pm

City sign Bernard Silva of Monoco for 43mill.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill