Top 4 Points Tracker

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Our next match is on 13th March... Geez... why are matches so few and far between. Thanks to our failure in the cup competitions.

Klopp would probably need to schedule a friendly in between to keep the players sharp. They better not do a Leicester again! Who's willing to play a friendly during the season?  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:48 pm

Nicely positioned so far however others have got games in hand.

Kanes injury will be a blow for Spurs.

A massive chance for us this season to get top 4. All in our hands.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:19 am

Five more wins to go  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:40 am

We have ten matches left and we are on 55 points. If we win five more matches and say draw two we will be on 72 points which should be enough for at least fourth maybe third. It is in our hands and the schedule favors us so we need to take it one match at a time and we will have a great chance. We need CL football to improve our squad this summer so a lot is riding on us finishing strong. There are potential banana skins in that run but most of the " weaker" teams we play are in the middle of the table without much to play for, only Bournemouth and Crystal Palace may be fighting relegation. We play City four days  after their crunch match against Monaco so hopefully they will have some sort of CL hangover.

Win all ten matches and we will have 85 points which has been enough to take first in the past and certainly good enough for second.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 03, 2017 6:41 am

As it happens it looks like 21 wins will not be enough and it is looking like the team that takes the fourth spot may have done so with a higher points tally than in any year since the prem started. Arsenal did it with 79 points the year we came second with Rodgers but other than that many times 70-72 points was enough.

Past point tallies

http://www.emfootball.co.uk/oldleaguetables.html
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 07, 2017 11:05 am

kazza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:33 am wrote:This year I think that 21 Wins will get you CL football. We now have one so 20 more wins to go.

We are on 20 wins atm so this ballpark estimate from last August won't be a million miles away come the end of the season.
Maybe it will take 1 or 2 wins more but it was a hell of a guess considering it was 9 months ago.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 07, 2017 6:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 07, 2017 10:05 am wrote:
kazza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:33 am wrote:This year I think that 21 Wins will get you CL football. We now have one so 20 more wins to go.

We are on 20 wins atm so this ballpark estimate from last August won't be a million miles away come the end of the season.
Maybe it will take 1 or 2 wins more but it was a hell of a guess considering it was 9 months ago.

I think it will have to be 22 wins so we really need to win the remaining 2 matches. I'm hoping that West Ham beating Spurs was their trophy and they will not be so "up for it" against us. Their pitch is much better than ours and much better for passing which ours is not according to our players, so I hope we can go to West Ham and come out with three points since it should be more of an open game. I'm now more worried about Middlesbrough, they will park the bus and probably play with freedom since they will be relegated anyway.  Hope the boys show up to both matches!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Job done! It was tight and tense for a while but the team pulled through. Whereas 21 wins is almost always enough for 4th in the prem, it took us 22 wins to do it. Arsenal must feel hard done by having won 23 matches and still did not make it but the way I see it they got a lot of good bounces over the last twenty years with CL so it is just odds evening out. The prem has so many teams fighting for it, I would think that next year may well be the same.

Walk On

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun May 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Yup this season it was tough getting into the champs league spots. We've done really well considering the circumstances.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 am

jacdaniel » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:27 pm wrote:To finish top 4, generally speaking you need to achieve about 4 points from every 2 games.  If you achieve that you will finish the season with 76 points and would likely finish inside the top 4.

I created this thread last August... scary how accurate the first line really is.  :D 

To be honest, I had great intentions of updating the thread every 2 weeks to see how close or far off 4th place we were. 

I kind of gave up though as I thought we were nailed on for way better than top 4 during the first part of the season. 

Still delighted we met our target!  CL here we come
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 am

jacdaniel » Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 am wrote:
jacdaniel » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:27 pm wrote:To finish top 4, generally speaking you need to achieve about 4 points from every 2 games.  If you achieve that you will finish the season with 76 points and would likely finish inside the top 4.

I created this thread last August... scary how accurate the first line really is.  :D 

To be honest, I had great intentions of updating the thread every 2 weeks to see how close or far off 4th place we were. 

I kind of gave up though as I thought we were nailed on for way better than top 4 during the first part of the season. 

Still delighted we met our target!  CL here we come

Can you pm me this weekends lottery numbers please  :wwww
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion