Top six run in

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 21, 2017 5:19 pm

C-R » Sun May 21, 2017 1:39 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 pm wrote:Got to be honest, the only ties I'd really worry about are if somehow we were unseeded and drew Seville or Napoli. Also wouldn't really fancy a trek to Russia to face CSKA or Zenit (depending on who finishes 2nd in their league). If Ajax lose the Europa and end up in the qualifiers, that may be another trickyish one along with Sporting Lisbon but over two legs I'd strongly fancy us. Apart from that, the rest of the potential opponents being mentioned, I think we will dispatch pretty easily. Actually think we are probably the team that the others are probably hoping they avoid the most

CSKA have just won 4-0, this combined with yesterday's Dortmund result means should we finish in 4th then we will indeed be seeded

Champions League playoff seeded clubs: Sevilla, Napoli or Roma, Dynamo Kiev*, Ajax*, Liverpool

Unseeded clubs (five from 10): Sporting Lisbon, Viktoria Plzen*, CSKA Moscow*, Club Brugge*, Steaua Bucharest*, Young Boys*, Hoffenheim, Nice*, Istanbul Basaksehir or Besiktas*, runners-up in Greece*

* Starts in third qualifying round

Nothing to worried about in that unseeded pot. Push comes to shove, I'd probably want to avoid Sport Lisbon, CSKA Moscow and Hoffenheim but even if we got them, fancy we would put them away over 2 leagues. Who know, we may get Nice and a reunion with Balotelli  :lookaround
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Doeboy » Sun May 21, 2017 5:19 pm wrote:
C-R » Sun May 21, 2017 1:39 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 pm wrote:Got to be honest, the only ties I'd really worry about are if somehow we were unseeded and drew Seville or Napoli. Also wouldn't really fancy a trek to Russia to face CSKA or Zenit (depending on who finishes 2nd in their league). If Ajax lose the Europa and end up in the qualifiers, that may be another trickyish one along with Sporting Lisbon but over two legs I'd strongly fancy us. Apart from that, the rest of the potential opponents being mentioned, I think we will dispatch pretty easily. Actually think we are probably the team that the others are probably hoping they avoid the most

CSKA have just won 4-0, this combined with yesterday's Dortmund result means should we finish in 4th then we will indeed be seeded

Champions League playoff seeded clubs: Sevilla, Napoli or Roma, Dynamo Kiev*, Ajax*, Liverpool

Unseeded clubs (five from 10): Sporting Lisbon, Viktoria Plzen*, CSKA Moscow*, Club Brugge*, Steaua Bucharest*, Young Boys*, Hoffenheim, Nice*, Istanbul Basaksehir or Besiktas*, runners-up in Greece*

* Starts in third qualifying round

Nothing to worried about in that unseeded pot. Push comes to shove, I'd probably want to avoid Sport Lisbon, CSKA Moscow and Hoffenheim but even if we got them, fancy we would put them away over 2 leagues. Who know, we may get Nice and a reunion with Balotelli  :lookaround

Appreciate the input on this Doeboy, keep it up    :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion