DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:42 am

Personally i think we should loan him out and see if he can prove his fitness, whats the point of selling him now he cant be worth much, if we loan him at a minimum we have the chance of increasing his value and in the best case scenario he gets back to top form and can back to us a new man raring to go. If it goes badly were in the same situation as were in now so i don't see how we can lose out.

Sadly though i think he will be sold in the summer as I dont think Klopp has ever particularly rated him, if we do sell him then we must replace him with a striker of the highest quality who is a regular scorer, no work horse average Joes who score 12 a season, all of our competitors have a striker who scores 20 a season we need our own to keep us at the top.

On a side note i read that Sturridge has been available for 26 of the 37 league games that we have played this season and has made 19 appearances, for the mast part he has been on the bench or left out, so maybe he inst as crocked as we think?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:42 am wrote:Personally i think we should loan him out and see if he can prove his fitness, whats the point of selling him now he cant be worth much, if we loan him at a minimum we have the chance of increasing his value and in the best case scenario he gets back to top form and can back to us a new man raring to go. If it goes badly were in the same situation as were in now so i don't see how we can lose out.

Sadly though i think he will be sold in the summer as I dont think Klopp has ever particularly rated him, if we do sell him then we must replace him with a striker of the highest quality who is a regular scorer, no work horse average Joes who score 12 a season, all of our competitors have a striker who scores 20 a season we need our own to keep us at the top.

On a side note i read that Sturridge has been available for 26 of the 37 league games that we have played this season and has made 19 appearances, for the mast part he has been on the bench or left out, so maybe he inst as crocked as we think?

I wouldn't even loan him out mate, as you say given his injury record we are not going to get much for him so I'd keep him.
If we can get him fit he'd be a great option from the bench (if not the starting XI).
Sturridge might be a good option against those teams that sit deep and try to hit us on the break, he probably doesn't press aggressively enough to play against the top sides but if we've got a team penned in Studge could be the man to unlock their defence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:21 pm

As much as I'd like him to stay I can't see Sturridge hanging about to be on the bench or the club wanting to pay 150k a week for a squad rotation player
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:25 am

Once again a fit Sturridge reminds us of his ability with a lovely chipped goal against Bayern.

Concerns about a possible pulled thigh muscle which saw him taken off were eased by his post match comment

(from the Mirror)
“It just a little bit of tension kicking off,” the striker explained. “I've done a lot of running and a lot of work. We train on the morning of the games. I think it's just a bit of fatigue to be honest. I'll be okay.

“I'm feeling great, I've put in a lot of work, I trained a lot in the summer in LA. I haven't missed many sessions here, they're looking after me,

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:56 pm

I really feel for the lad. He is such a talent and his constant injury problems are a serious frustration mainly to him. Goodness knows what he would be worth if he stayed free from injuries.

As for the muppets that dismiss his talent and say sell him because of his injury record well I just hope they saw his goal against Bayern !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:58 pm

devaney » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 am wrote:I really feel for the lad. He is such a talent and his constant injury problems are a serious frustration mainly to him. Goodness knows what he would be worth if he stayed free from injuries.

As for the muppets that dismiss his talent and say sell him because of his injury record well I just hope they saw his goal against Bayern !!

One swallow doth not a summer make... :laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:03 pm

devaney » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 am wrote:I really feel for the lad. He is such a talent and his constant injury problems are a serious frustration mainly to him. Goodness knows what he would be worth if he stayed free from injuries.

To be fair I don't think there are many who dimisses his talent. As for his injury record who can blame anyone for being fed up with his injury record...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:18 pm

I love Studge I really do and I do feel sorry for him and his injuries but we have a team capable of winning the league with a prolific striker and unfortunately Studge is always injured. Id go out and take a gamble on Aubamayang. I think his pace along with Mane and Salah would destroy defences in the premier league.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:40 pm

:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:42 pm

:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby kartiek » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm worried about Sturridge. Doesn't look up for it anymore. It's really unfortunate given how talented he is. Was also confused by his reaction on being subbed. Was he smiling or smirking there?
kartiek

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:13 pm

In front of goal, even though he didn't put that chance away, most times you'd back him to put the ball away. Problem is I don't think his body is upto it in terms of everything else. Seems to have lost edge he had.  He looked rusty today but I think we need to be thinking about a proper striker now. No one is going to pay out for Sturridge both in terms of fee/wages due to his fitness issues and I think he will see his contract out with us unless we accept a low bid for him. A fit Sturridge rivals the likes of Kane, Aguero, Lukaku etc but he is broken now and we need to look into bringing a proper striker. Yes Firmino presses well etc but he is not a out and out finisher and think we need to be in the market for one. Spending £40m on Ox when we could have spent a bit more and look to bring in Lacazette is looking quite stupid on our part now
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:25 pm

You have to bear in mind his injuries and the fact he isn't a regular in the side, just getting a few minutes here and there as a sub. Give him a run of five games starting in the team he will gain confidence. I guarantee you will see a difference. Firminho should be the regular substitute in my opinion
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:25 pm wrote:You have to bear in mind his injuries and the fact he isn't a regular in the side, just getting a few minutes here and there as a sub. Give him a run of five games starting in the team he will gain confidence. I guarantee you will see a difference. Firminho should be the regular substitute in my opinion

Will he manage 5 games in a row without getting injured again, and can Liverpool afford giving him that time while chasing a top 4 finish?

I'm sorry for him, but his injuries have killed his career and liverpool just cant depend on him. We probably cant sell him to anyone, but maybe we could loan him out to a club that can afford to take a huge risk on him.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:58 pm

What's he got left on his contract? 18 months? Unless he suddenly finds 2 yards of pace or the net on a regular basis, he won't be getting a new £120k a week contract.

Really like Danny as he comes across as a nice bloke. But think he's done as 25 goal a season striker
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion