DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Fri May 05, 2017 10:46 am

Let's not beat around the bush here.

He has been garbage in the last few games.

Not going to get better. Sell him and bring in another kid over the summer.

End of story.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Divock is young I get that, but when he starts up front he fails to bring the others into play and this completely negates the influence of Firmino, to be honest, I'm struggling with why Origi is Klopp's preference to start in this position as with every ball he fritters away it gifts the opposition the opportunity to spring a counter, surely Firmino who adds tigerish defending from the front to an astute football brain when he plays in this position is a far better option  ??? 

If our game is predominantly about dominating possession and finding space to pass the ball quickly and decisively then Origi clearly didn't get the memo! I'm not saying sell the kid because he's evidently a talented youngster and one for the future, but for f*ck's sake his level of performance has dropped dramatically in his last five games and he needs a swift kick up the ***** from the manager if he's to start there again.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri May 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Dont think hes garbage and weve had worse but he certainly isnt good enough.

The system doesnt really suit him as hes not crafty enough to drift into space or run in behind, spin off shoulders or link the play. Better off just lumping balls into the box for him to scrap for, or chase it down the lines. Thats about what he brings to the table, essentially a poor mans Benteke and no surprise they both evolved out of Gent.

That said he would command really good money and potentially bring a large profit on around £10m we paid, easy double that and some in the current market and we can reinvest and allow him to play elsewhere.

Origi was slow to settle here and you sense his heart still isnt really with us, I do feel hes good enough to have a successful career just not here with what we are looking to do and achieve.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri May 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Some players have an "oh well, another chance will come along" or "Oh well, I'll play better in the next game" or "Oh well, next season will be  my season" Origi comes across as one of those players. Not passionate enough, not strong enough, not determined or courageous enough. No doubt  he has bags of skill and heaps of potential, but just not good enough when you want full on commitment and going down deep where it hurts.
Oh well...
:eyebrow
Last edited by Thommo's perm on Sat May 06, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thommo's perm

Postby eds » Sat May 06, 2017 8:01 am

Exactly Thommo.

Right now would Origi be in the squads of Man City, Tottenham or Chelsea......... the answer is a resounding NO.

Why we persist on thinking these players will come good some day, somewhere and some other time is the reason why we haven't f**king won the title in almost 3 decades.

We seem to become attached to them and there are always people defending them no matter what.

If FSG are going to keep bringing in kids every year, we need to make our decisions on them quick and fast. We can't afford to dawdle around on the ones that quiet simply just need to be moved on.

Time is up on Moreno, Sturridge, Kaurius, Lucas and Markovic. Add Origi to that list so we can keep rebuilding.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 08, 2017 7:43 am

:no
Thommo's perm

Postby ken_job » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:44 am

I think Divock could still be one for the future - bit of a rough diamond still but with potential. I think he would benefit from a 1 year Prem loan to a Bournemouth or a West Brom and see if he can return a decent number of goals and get a run of games, don't expect him to get many opportunities for us other than a game here and there
ken_job

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:22 am

Whilst I agree with much that has been said about Origi, seems to lack passion & determination, has talent but he hasn't fully exploited it, needs more game time etc etc etc. I certainly wouldn't move him on THIS year.

Salah apart, given the lack of significant signings so far in this window and the expanded schedule we'll be facing with the prospect of CL footy (provided we get through the qualifier) I think we need to hang on to a player who although often disappointing still has the ability to occasionally put in a shift.

Although the view of many is that we should get rid of the "dead wood" and underachievers, whilst he certainly falls into the latter category Origi is hardly dead wood, and there will be times in the coming campaign when Origi could prove useful to us, if only to step in when others aren't available or need resting.

In the meantime Klopp needs to have a strong word with Origi, perhaps pointing out that unless there is significant improvement in match performance this could be his last season with us.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ken_job » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:14 pm

Origi is not dead wood and that wasn't the point of my last post. I would say he sits somewhere beside Ings as our 3rd/4th choice striker behind Firmino and Sturridge and ahead of Solanke so if he stays then he has a role to play in the cups and off the bench but unlikely to feature heavily unless there are significant injuries. So on that basis and considering his age I would say he and LFC would benefit most from a Prem loan where if fit he could potentially string a run if 30 odd starts together and start banging in goals at a club like Brighton or one of the others struggling for quality up front. Then in a years time if Studge was to move on etc we would have a vastly improved Origi at our disposal. Obviously it's all hypothetical but I would send him out on loan. Without him, assuming there is no changes to current striking personnel, we would have Firmino as Klopp's first choice, Sturridge 2nd, Ings 3rd and Solanke 4th.
ken_job

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:55 pm

:no
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Divock will probably struggle to get near the first team mate, the likes of Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Sturridge, Lallana and maybe even Dominic Solanke are ahead of him in the pecking order so I wouldn't waste your time worrying about it.
What we should be worrying about is wether our starting XI is strong enough, particularly the defence and midfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Unlikely, but if an offer came in for anything around 15 million or above I would be tempted to let him go

Solanke defo above him in the pecking order and looking good
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:25 pm wrote:Divock will probably struggle to get near the first team mate, the likes of Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Sturridge, Lallana and maybe even Dominic Solanke are ahead of him in the pecking order so I wouldn't waste your time worrying about it.
What we should be worrying about is wether our starting XI is strong enough, particularly the defence and midfield.

I feel Solanke will definitely overtake Origi in the pecking order.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Last year should have been his breakout year after impressing at the end of the year before... but lack of game time has made him unmotivated and it's clear to see when he finally gets in the team.
I'd honestly like to see him go out on loan to a prem team to see if he can make the grade, if not sell him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Based on current ability, he's a Palace or West Ham player at best, but I think we should keep him as backup for at least one more season.
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion