MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 04, 2017 10:04 am

I'm a big fan of Sakho myself (especially his ability to pass the ball out from the back) but he's the one in the wrong here not the manager.
Wether those fat burners contained banned substances or not as a professional athlete he still took a huge risk taking them off his own bat. It was hugely unprofessional of him and Jurgen is well within his rights to be upset, especially given the whole episode took the wind right out of our sails at a time when we were flying.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu May 04, 2017 12:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 04, 2017 9:04 am wrote:I'm a big fan of Sakho myself (especially his ability to pass the ball out from the back) but he's the one in the wrong here not the manager.
Wether those fat burners contained banned substances or not as a professional athlete he still took a huge risk taking them off his own bat. It was hugely unprofessional of him and Jurgen is well within his rights to be upset, especially given the whole episode took the wind right out of our sails at a time when we were flying.

Yakka being upset is one thing. Ok I accept we probably don't know all the facts. Based on what we do know I feel that Klopp's behaviour was somewhat draconian and certainly made our lives considerably more difficult in defence. As C'day correctly pointed out we ended up at times playing a midfield player in central defence. And a not very big one at that !!

Losing Sakho hurt us very badly during January. Klopp also knew that he was losing Mané to the African Nations. He also knew that Sturridge, who he doesn't seem to like anyway, could not be relied on. You're right, Klopp was not the one in the wrong regarding Sakho's behaviour but his own behaviour and questionable tactics have certainly cost us. We should have been strolling to a top four place, instead we find ourselves constantly  in a position where we are praying that other teams slip up !!

It will be interesting to see what happens in the close season and whether or not Klopp and Sakho can settle their differences. Who knows Sakho may with some justification be equally annoyed by the he way he has been treated and tell Klopp he wants a transfer?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 04, 2017 1:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 04, 2017 10:04 am wrote:I'm a big fan of Sakho myself (especially his ability to pass the ball out from the back) but he's the one in the wrong here not the manager.

I think there's a lot more to this Yakka.

I think the fall out between Jurgen and Sakho started in the USA tour.

As Klopp said at the time

"He (Sakho) nearly missed the departure of Liverpool [on the plane from Liverpool to San Francisco], he missed a treatment session and was late for a team meal," said Klopp.

“I have to build a group here and we’ve got to start new here. I thought it maybe made sense for him to fly home to Liverpool.

“We have some rules and we have to respect them – if somebody gives me the feeling they are not respecting it I have to react."

Sakho also interrupted Klopp while the manager was conducting an interview with the club website and it was clear from the German's reaction that he was already irritated.

I think that's where the rot set in. Footballing ability aside, , Sakho didn't show the "mentality" Klopp expects from his team.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 04, 2017 1:20 pm

devaney » Thu May 04, 2017 12:49 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 04, 2017 9:04 am wrote:I'm a big fan of Sakho myself (especially his ability to pass the ball out from the back) but he's the one in the wrong here not the manager.

Yakka being upset is one thing. Ok I accept we probably don't know all the facts. Based on what we do know I feel that Klopp's behaviour was somewhat draconian and certainly made our lives considerably more difficult in defence. As C'day correctly pointed out we ended up at times playing a midfield player in central defence. And a not very big one at that !!

Losing Sakho hurt us very badly during January. Klopp also knew that he was losing Mané to the African Nations. He also knew that Sturridge, who he doesn't seem to like anyway, could not be relied on. You're right, Klopp was not the one in the wrong regarding Sakho's behaviour but his own behaviour and questionable tactics have certainly cost us. We should have been strolling to a top four place, instead we find ourselves constantly  in a position where we are praying that other teams slip up !!

It will be interesting to see what happens in the close season and whether or not Klopp and Sakho can settle their differences. Who knows Sakho may with some justification be equally annoyed by the he way he has been treated and tell Klopp he wants a transfer?

Fu'cks Sake   :veryangry

You think " Klopp's behaviour was somewhat draconian" 

What the fu'ck do you think Shanks or Bob would have done with Sakho ??? .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Thu May 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Woof perhaps draconian was a bit strong. I just feel the matter could have been handled differently. And lets face it Shanks and Bob would have made sure that they had adequate cover if they were going to get rid of a key defender.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 04, 2017 3:04 pm

devaney » Thu May 04, 2017 2:00 pm wrote:Woof perhaps draconian was a bit strong. I just feel the matter could have been handled differently. And lets face it Shanks and Bob would have made sure that they had adequate cover if they were going to get rid of a key defender.

:no

Sorry Dav, can't agree.

From what I see Sakho was beginning to show all the signs of a Baliotelli MK 2.

His shared goal celebration for Palace at Anfield confirmed it for me.

Footballing ability aside the fella's an overpaid ar'sehole

Don't think Shanks or Bob would've put up with such disrespect to the club no matter how much it may have affected our future availability/selection.  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Cday79 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:22 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 pm wrote:
Cday79 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:17 am wrote:I don't want Sakho to leave, and I can't understand why any fan of the club would advocate for his departure, either.  He's the closest thing to a world class defender they've got, and is still the best defender at the club, IYAM.  I want him back in the heart of the defence, where he belongs.  I have to say, this entire Sakho situation has got me beyond angry - and the person I'm most angry with is Klopp.  It's disgraceful the way he's treated Sakho IMO. 

I've no doubt much of Klopp's antipathy towards Sakho stems from that drugs ban - a ban we now know was unjust and unfair.  I know there was that Alcatraz incident too, but you work it out, and you at least give him the chance to prove/redeem himself.  What you don't do, is act like a massive child, by washing your hands of and then ostracising the best defender at your disposal - especially if it's to the detriment of the team - and especially not, if you've got nobody on the same level to replace him with.  Look at the impact he's had on Palace since he's been there, and listen to all the pundits who watch the Palace games on Soccer Saturday, singing his praises, and questioning why Liverpool got rid.  It boggles the mind why Klopp wants nothing to do with him.  That shambles of a defence has been crying out for Sakho's presence on so many occasions this season, but Klopp is apparently so pig-headed, he'd rather play Lucas in defence instead.  Mind you we've seen evidence of Klopp's pig-headedness this season, such as keeping Karius in goal - and costing the team points, and not buying a left back.

As far as I'm concerned, Klopp needs to swallow his pride, come to his senses and put Sakho back in next season, because he ain't going to get anyone in that's as good and certainly not better, because world class defenders don't come to Liverpool.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Klopp, and I know the club is lucky to have him, but I think he's played this Sakho situation all wrong, and no matter how much I like him, it's something I can't back him on.  Mamadou Sakho should've been helping Liverpool get back into the Champion's League, not helping to keep Crystal f*cking Palace in the Premier League.

Freudian slip, or just (in your words ) so beyond angry with Klopp you forgot to mention you're  a Manc  ???

I didn't want to use the words "the club" twice in succession, that's all.  Definitely NOT a Manc. :no

Nobody wants to be a Manc, but unfortunately, they're out there fella, you have my apologies for the defamation of character :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu May 04, 2017 8:28 pm

For that error you have to do the walk of shame, game of thrones style.
:D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 05, 2017 2:10 pm

redshade » Thu May 04, 2017 7:28 pm wrote:For that error you have to do the walk of shame, game of thrones style.

I have no reservations whatsoever in sharing my walk with the Queen of the seven kingdoms of Westeros/ fit as f*ck incestuous slut, but I refuse to walk alongside a Manc or a Conservative and let's face facts here, if there's a walk of shame the path is  going to be chocker with those *****  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 05, 2017 2:19 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 05, 2017 1:10 pm wrote:
redshade » Thu May 04, 2017 7:28 pm wrote:For that error you have to do the walk of shame, game of thrones style.

I have no reservations whatsoever in sharing my walk with the Queen of the seven kingdoms of Westeros/ fit as f*ck incestuous slut, but I refuse to walk alongside a Manc or a Conservative and let's face facts here, if there's a walk of shame the path is  going to be chocker with those *****  :D

:bowdown
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby mramo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:00 am

Mamadou Sakho can be Jurgen Klopp’s answer to Virgil van Dijk at Liverpool - John Aldridge

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... urs-gossip

I feel for Sakho a little. I really think Klopp should give him another chance and put aside his stubbornness. Every player who has done wrong historically have at least be given another chance to change their ways and have excelled. If reinstated, Sakho could see this as a revival and become a defensive leader, assuming we cannot sign VVD ?
mramo

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:20 am

I’m a Sakho fan and think he is easily in the top two CBs we have at the club but for me has done too much and didn’t show contrition soon enough. To take a performance related substance without running it by the clubs medical team is incredibly unprofessional. And then to treat the clubs pre-season camp as a holiday and then post a rant about the manager on Snapchat, well we simply can’t have players like this within the group.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:12 pm

mramo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am wrote:Mamadou Sakho can be Jurgen Klopp’s answer to Virgil van Dijk at Liverpool - John Aldridge

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... urs-gossip

I feel for Sakho a little. I really think Klopp should give him another chance and put aside his stubbornness. Every player who has done wrong historically have at least be given another chance to change their ways and have excelled. If reinstated, Sakho could see this as a revival and become a defensive leader, assuming we cannot sign VVD ?

Signing for Liverpool was his other chance as he did the same things at PSG and why they sold him. Can't forget him celebrating Benteke's goal and the silly handshake that they seemed to have rehearsed. I like him as a passing CB but if you burn your bridges...
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:53 pm

The boy has cow sh!t for brains. He has to go...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion