JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:13 am

Grujic has been playing well for the u23's lately and would be a better candidate to start against Everton. Even if Henderson does get over his injury there is no way he is fit  :no Especially not for this.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:58 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Yeah he is starting to have injury problems.
Hope he gets back soon.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 pm

redshade » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:14 pm wrote:Yeah he is starting to have injury problems.
Hope he gets back soon.

I keep remembering that Fergie refused to buy him for Utd saying that his running style will always cause him injuries as he gets older.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 pm

We need a new captain. Not just because he bottled the penalty, but hes not good enough as a player or a leader.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:19 am

Henderson is an average midfield player and I agree over captaincy.

Grujic definitely has more about him and potential and this is a big season for him.

Hendo demenour tells you evertything that he can be bullied and got at, I also sesnse hes not self confident enough by far and is definitely a passive in his play, we need drive and aggression.

Sometimes gives it the gob but hes soft as muck.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:02 am

I don't think it's fair to judge Hendo by last nights game, he's a fetcher and carrier not a creative lynchpin.
He reminds me of Nigel Spackman from that great late 80's Barnes, Beardsley, Houghton, McMahon etc team, his job is to cover the ground, fill any holes left by marauding fullbacks etc and generally put out any fires. If he wins the ball normally his remit would be to play it simple, don't give it away and give it to a player who actually knows what he's doing (Coutinho, Lallana etc). To be fair to him when he's fit and firing on all cylinders he's pretty good at doing that.
Last night though he was put in a position where he was playing in a scratch side and the onus was on him to create something which is akin to asking Coutinho to play CB.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:05 pm

hes just a rank average player, he doesn't excel at anything other than pressing and we really need to look at upgrading on him and Can who also isnt good enough, no doubt this is why Klopp wants Keita so bad. Hendo isnt on the priority list to get the boot and is definitely worth a squad place but we will need to upgrade on him eventually.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:42 pm

Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:05 am wrote:hes just a rank average player, he doesn't excel at anything other than pressing and we really need to look at upgrading on him and Can who also isnt good enough, no doubt this is why Klopp wants Keita so bad. Hendo isnt on the priority list to get the boot and is definitely worth a squad place but we will need to upgrade on him eventually.

Can is a strange one for me, sometimes he looks really dynamic and sharp yet other times it looks like he's playing after downing about 7 pints.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 am wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:05 am wrote:hes just a rank average player, he doesn't excel at anything other than pressing and we really need to look at upgrading on him and Can who also isnt good enough, no doubt this is why Klopp wants Keita so bad. Hendo isnt on the priority list to get the boot and is definitely worth a squad place but we will need to upgrade on him eventually.

Can is a strange one for me, sometimes he looks really dynamic and sharp yet other times it looks like he's playing after downing about 7 pints.

I agree, hes capable of brilliance but the problem is its usually mixed in a with load rubbish most of the time, hes infuriating. His decision making is woeful and his passing ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous in the blink of an eye, maybe he will mature and improve his decision make but i have serious doubts about that, hes not exactly young anymore.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Cracking captain we have who can rise up to any occasion rally his troopers.
Hendo is not even 5% of what Gerrard was.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:05 am

I really hope Hendo isn't the face of LFC this decade..We can't have another Lucas which hangs in the team ,symbol of mediocrity and avragenness ,we need a captain which inspires the lads and the fans.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:05 pm

only me » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:05 am wrote:I really hope Hendo isn't the face of LFC this decade..We can't have another Lucas which hangs in the team ,symbol of mediocrity and avragenness ,we need a captain which inspires the lads and the fans.

I have often wondered how the contempt you had for Lucas was fostered and now I know, its nothing personal ,you have no conceivable knowledge of football in truth you're bereft of any cerebral ability it takes to understand the game, I mean any genuine reds fan can see that right now we need a player who can play a similar role and equally as well as Lucas to shield a back four that are shipping goals more frequently than your hibernation's after every manager clicked to his importance in this team. 

So with that in mind I apologize in my thinking you just held a grudge,seems your just a bit of a dick  :D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:41 pm

He's not even good enough to be in the team, let alone captain. He can't shoot, he can't score, he cant dribble, he cant rally the troops.
I'd give the captaincy to Coutinho, but obviously it looks like he's a goner next summer.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion