LIVERPOOL V Crystal Palace Sun April 23rd 4.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:09 pm

We had whole Jan window to get some reinforcements but we ignored it.
At this rate it looks like will be playing entertaining edge of the seat footy on thursday.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:11 pm

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:22 pm

algymoon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:16 pm wrote:
    Well beaten at home by good organised Palace side, I knew our team will lose just after watching the first 5 minutes of this game, Ok Coutinho scored a wonderful goal against the run of play as Palace looked very dangerous and can score each time they go forward.

Our future CF Origi whom the Nutcase will depend on him to score team's goals he is getting worse in every game. I never rated him since the idiot BR bought him! He is just a one game wonder, he always does lose the ball in a tide spot between his own balls!

I really draw joy from watching Sakho celebrating Benteke's first goal, which it does summarise his own feeling towards the nutcase.

I still hear people talking about LFC will finish in 4th spot, really I do not share that view at all, because the nutcase management style has already proven to us otherwise, he will fail again this season, and next season as well, just watch out his new coming summer signing, they will be a shockers of useless average players.
    The main problems will remain unresolved. No new full backs, No top class keeper, No top striker/finisher, the team will continue to unable to keep clean sheet, and cannot defend set pieces. More misery to come.

The clueless nutcase had no answer to big Sam clever tactics at all.
    I do expect more losses in the remaining games, starting next week at Watford.
    LFC under the managment of the nutcase is a big joke....  DREAM ON FOR GLORY!

Who would you bring in as manager Algy?

Diego Simeone
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:27 pm

redshade » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:09 pm wrote:We had whole Jan window to get some reinforcements but we ignored it.
At this rate it looks like will be playing entertaining edge of the seat footy on thursday.

Given United's fixture list we are still in with a decent chance of making the top 4 but we are relying on other clubs doing us a favour now, our destiny is not in our own hands.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:36 pm

algymoon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:11 pm
7_Kewell » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Diego Simeone

We'd have no chance of getting Simeone Algy, the only reason we got Jurgen is that he is a footballing romantic
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 pm wrote:
redshade » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:09 pm wrote:We had whole Jan window to get some reinforcements but we ignored it.

Given United's fixture list we are still in with a decent chance of making the top 4 but we are relying on other clubs doing us a favour now, our destiny is not in our own hands.

United dont look like losing...there defence has improved dramatically.. I think they will beat spurs as they usually do
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:36 pm wrote:
algymoon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:11 pm
7_Kewell » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Diego Simeone

We'd have no chance of getting Simeone Algy, the only reason we got Jurgen is that he is a footballing romantic

Exactly.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Mikz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:41 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 pm wrote:

United dont look like losing...there defence has improved dramatically.. I think they will beat spurs as they usually do

United still have to play City, Arsenal, Spurs and Southampton all away from home. If they win all those games then quite frankly they deserve top 4.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Really deflated with that. What with knowing Utd had won earlier and knowing we could increase the gap between ourselves and City seeing as they were not playing, todays performance was a real damp squib. Wonderful goal by Coutinho but for that to be our only shot on target in the whole game is very poor. Just knew Benteke would come back to haunt us and we just looked so open for the goals. Very hard to swallow considering we were so good at WBA and really dug in.

Got to be honest, I thought CL was nailed on but should have known we cannot trust this team. Unfortunately they have a habit of giving you a lot of hope but let you down when it counts. Looking at the fixtures, we still have the upper hand over Utd but results like this make me jittery and just hope through a combination of getting enough points and Utd dropping enough points see us through
Doeboy

Postby eds » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:26 am

only me » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:45 pm wrote:I don't get the psyche of this team and players...I mean they literally busted their a$$ to get into the position of a CL spot...They went and got great results in recent away matches..Just that they can implode in-front of home crowd and fans? They should have "died" on the pitch today and not lose ,every players should have busted a kidney or two just not lose a home game to Palace..Yes we are paper thin but focus on the fcking prize which was in our reach don't let yourself down like this...All they had to do is get a fcking win against Palace and we were half way their...

One thing that Klopp can't get away with is the bench ,i've never seen such a hopeless list of players seating on Premier league bench...Their wasn't ONE player which inspires a glimpse of hope when he stepped in...That is inexcusable ...

That pretty much sums up our club mate.

Bereft of all options due to the constraints put in by our idiotic owners, a string of injuries to just 5-6 players has left us with a bunch of teenagers and Moreno on the bench while we ARE PLAYING FOR A VALUABLE SPOT IN THE F**KING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE  :no

Today's performance was nothing short of lacklustre and we have the same culprits to blame, knowing fully well what our deficiencies are.

Firmino continues to blow hot and cold, he is the type of player you can afford when you have a Gerrard or Torres or Suarez in your side and without Coutinho he is rubbish. He certainly won't win games on his own up front.

I think it's time we get stuck into Origi, the guy is a fit as a fiddle 22yo athlete and limped around like a wet cabbage today, shocking utterly and truly shocking. I saw more effort from Balotelli when he was here than this guy, and Balotelli was continually criticised for his "work rate".

Can, not much better either. Let's be honest the guy has more misses than hits and will never be an elite CM as his limitations are as glaring as the sun.

Clyne has regressed this season and no longer is the same player we bought, I would give him one season to turn it around before showing him the door.

What was that idiotic "stat" I saw the other week with Matip and Lovren being in defence together and not conceding any defeats, guess that means nothing now..............

Bring on the roller coaster ride that is the last 4 games, who knows where we are going to finish.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:49 am

I felt like alot of the players gave it their all. But we just lacked quality at crucial areas and no players to come on and change the game. Origi had a horrible game. I didn't even know he was there! Lovren had one of those bad games as well. Clyne didn't do much (he has been like that the whole season). Lucas' game is gone. Can even though he tried wasn't very effective. Firmino wasn't effective either. That's 6 players out of 10 who had below par performances with Origi and Lovren the worst. This is compounded by the fact that we can't bring on anyone to affect the game. The bench quality was just horrible, all teenagers except for Moreno.

Top 4 is not in our hands anymore, if both Man U and Arsenal win all their games in hand, we are 5th with 3 points off Man U in 4th. We should have at least gotten a point in this game, then it will continue to put abit of pressure on Man U.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:05 am

Divick is nothing like the way he was last season. I remember hiw quick he was when he scored against Dortmund.
He just seems so lethargic like his close to retirement and can't be asked.
Where has his pace gone??
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:09 am

redshade » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:05 am wrote:Divick is nothing like the way he was last season. I remember hiw quick he was when he scored against Dortmund.
He just seems so lethargic like his close to retirement and can't be asked.
Where has his pace gone??

It's as if he's a completely new player who is unfamiliar with the team mate. I dont know where he was occasionally popping up here and there not affecting the game. Coutinho couldnt find him. Firmino couldnt find him.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 am

Fo0ks sake, I cannot believe we are going to throw away a CL spot like every other time we "nearly won it" and choked or slipped up (Literally!)  :no

Lots of missed opportunities will be the story of this season while we look at all the players that don't want to sign for us battling in the Europa League!

I'd have more fun in a fetish club being whipped and strangled than watching this lot play.
killerp

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Origi gets dragged out wide for large parts of the game. He'd be far more effective if he just stuck central and try to get in behind defenses. The midfield trio of Can, Wijnaldum and Lucas was about as creative as Rolf Harris painting Donald Duck with his eyes closed..

We have a team full of athletes and then Coutinho, Firminio and Lallana. We really need to invest in quality in the summer, and if we fail to make the top 4 we will once again fail to sign our targets and this whole season will have been a waste.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:10 am

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 pm wrote:Origi gets dragged out wide for large parts of the game. He'd be far more effective if he just stuck central and try to get in behind defenses. The midfield trio of Can, Wijnaldum and Lucas was about as creative as Rolf Harris painting Donald Duck with his eyes closed..

We have a team full of athletes and then Coutinho, Firminio and Lallana. We really need to invest in quality in the summer, and if we fail to make the top 4 we will once again fail to sign our targets and this whole season will have been a waste.

A large part of the problem we will have is that we need a complete midfielder that can link the play from our defence to our attack. An elite box-to-box type midfielder.

Half the reason we struggle is because when we have key injuries to Coutinho, Lallana and Mane we are f**ked in terms of goals.

Lucas, Can and Henderson just aren't good enough, especially when they play together in any formation. They give there all in terms of energy and covering play but offer nothing in terms of synchronisation or creativity.

Wijnaldum can score on the odd occasion and at least offers something the other 3 don't.

Compare that to Kante, Fabregas, Matic of Chelsea or Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Sissoko of Spurs or Fernandinho, Toure, Navas of City and they have no issues playing 2 of any of these guys in the same midfield covering the defence and linking play to push it up the field quickly.

Klopp needs to sort this out next transfer window. You can make the argument that either Can or Lucas or Henderson (or all 3) can all be shipped out to fix this problem.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games