NEW STADIUM - All News + discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Probably insects, snails and little fish
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Penguins » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:39 am wrote:C'mon man. 114 million interest free loan?
It doesn't mean they are handing the club anything. All it means is that 114 million will be slapped on the tag of anyone wanting to buy the club.
I haven't changed my opinion about american owners. All they see is dollar signs, and nothing I have seen from any owners has changed my mind...

You're right mate it's a conspiracy........  :help

1. It's obvious if they invest 114 million on a new stand and general ground improvements that the value of the club should increase by a commensurate amount, hopefully by more than the value invested.
2, They lend us the money interest free.... that's got to be the best deal out there isn't it?

If you don't agree with the above then explain your logic.

Negativeness for the sake of it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:57 pm

kazza » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:02 pm wrote:

Probably insects, snails and little fish

:buttrock

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:31 am

Liverpool chief executive warns against further Anfield expansion, describing it as ‘not smart’

After redeveloping the main stand, the club is now looking to expand the Anfield Road end of the stadium to further increase ground capacity

The club is now looking to increase the ground's capacity to near 60,000 as part of the second stage of its proposed redevelopment plans Liverpool’s chief executive, Ian Ayre, has warned that current plans to further expand Anfield are “not a smart investment for the business.”

The club was granted planning permission in September 2014 to redevelop their iconic stadium and the surrounding area as part of a two-stage construction project that is expected to cost in the region of £260m.

The first part of the redevelopment was completed for the start of the new season as the club unveiled a newly redesigned main stand, with an increased capacity of 8,500 seats. But executive Ayre cautioned against plans to expand Anfield Road – the second part of the club's development project.

“A stand behind a goal doesn’t have the benefit of hospitality that would go a long way to meet the redevelopment costs,” Ayre said in a meeting with the Liverpool Supporters’ Committee (LSC).

“If you consider the redevelopment of Anfield Road from a purely general admission perspective, building, say, 6,000 extra seats to take the capacity up to 60,000 would cost somewhere between £60m and £70m.

“At £12,000 to £13,000 per seat, it would take approximately 15 years to pay back, which is not a smart investment for the business. Therefore the club needs to find a rounded solution that’s in the best interests of the football club.”

Although construction for Liverpool’s new stand cost £114m, the owners expect such a figure to be paid off within six years due to the number of hospitality seats in place, which account for approximately half the additional 8,500 seats in the stand. As Ayre pointed out, Anfield Road would not be able to pay for itself so quickly.

It was suggested at the meeting that Liverpool supporters could themselves invest in the anticipated £60m-£70m costs of a new Anfield Road stand.

Graham Smith, a fan representative on the LSC, said: “There are people who would think a 15-year return would make sense, and that’s the supporters. The supporters would fund such a development up front if the club made an appeal for financial support.”

But while Ayre claimed that the club were seeking a “rounded solution” to see out the next stage in the stadium’s redevelopment, the executive also suggested that the club needed time to “ensure that what it has put in place works…the club has to find the right economic model, and only then will it be the right time to move forward”.
++

Wait 2-3 years to recoup half the mainstand then just do it. 60,000 would be a dream.  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:21 pm

The sooner Ayre fu'cks off the better. He has already made a cu'nt of himself over the ticket scam and now hes at it again with the Annie Road extension,
Its simple, does Annie Road need to be developed or not? If it does, do it. If it doesnt, dont!
But stop the Fu*king bullsh'it and kidology.
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:21 pm wrote:The sooner Ayre fu'cks off the better. He has already made a cu'nt of himself over the ticket scam and now hes at it again with the Annie Road extension,
Its simple, does Annie Road need to be developed or not? If it does, do it. If it doesnt, dont!
But stop the Fu*king bullsh'it and kidology.
:glare:

Yeah... I don't get it either... a higher capacity stadium would surely benefit the club in the long run... and that 15 years payback seems a bit off. I think once we get back to europe, that stand's gonna be paid back in relatively no time. 60m to 70m seems a small price to pay in today's market, especially when some clubs are spending that much money on a single player...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:04 pm

Sell the stand name on a 5-7 year contract - job done.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:50 pm

They put a sports bar behind the goal end at my local club can we not do that, fortunes to be made  :nod

Seriously though I feel they just dont fancy paying out so soon after building one, and yes its very short sighted and selfish to some degree.

Conspiracy theorists would use it as a sign they may be looking for a way out.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:54 pm

I dont give a shiny sh'ite how much it costs. Get the Fu*king thing built and stop the bullsh'it!!
:veryangry
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:42 pm

The history of Anfield on dailymotion, nostalgia at its best

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4trfpu
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:41 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:32 pm

I actually think increasing capacity has to be the number one priority, as distasteful as it may seem
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:34 pm

That's what the club have managed to do with the main stand expansion as the extra revenue it now generates is being used to pay back the cost of the build over 4-6 years. As there won't be any corporate seating in any expanded Annie Road it would take 10-15 years to self-finance. I think the club will come back with a way of expanding the stadium that isn't currently on the table and more creative than what's previously been suggested. FSG have a good record of stadium expansion with Fenway Park so will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Eagle

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:49 pm

I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the game on the weekend at the last minute and have to say both the pitch and the small improvements around the stadium looked good.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion