LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Tbh I think I would rather see him at DM ahead of Henderson because he can actually tackle. Everyone and anyone breezes past Henderson time and time again. Whether he remains here beyond the summer is up to Klopp. I think a move to Italy or France would be a good move for him though due to the pace of the game there.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:53 pm

I thought Lucas was around 33-34 just checked his 30 and going to be 31 in Jan next year.
His still got some fuel left in his tank, i would keep him as a squad player. His experienced and with the amount of games we potentially maybe playing next season i would want Lucas here.
Its upto Lucas because he has said he wants to play more.
I think he will be gone in the summer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 pm

In a poll conducted by the Liverpool Echo 98 % of Liverpool fans suggested a testimonial for one of Liverpools most favourite adopted sons was more than merited, 2 % disagreed, but their protestations are completely irrelevant given how miniscule their number actually is !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:47 am

Do we get a testimonial for having to watch him for the last 10 years ?  :laugh:  Nah seriously I can't believe some actually voted against giving him one  :no He has done his time and deserves it  :bowdown  Not many decade boys about these days  :no .
Hopefully he will get a big club like real or barca  :nod .
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:47 am wrote:Hopefully he will get a big club like real or barca  :nod .

aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 16, 2017 10:38 am

For those of you who are interested
LFCTV '10 YEARS A RED'  20:00 TUE

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/263444-lucas-leiva-unique-liverpool-is-my-home
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue May 16, 2017 12:35 pm

I saw a video of him cattle rustling and doing rodeo/cowboy stuff and he looked good at it. Normally players are one dimensional so it shows he is a character. I have nothing but respect for him and he has been a true professional. He left Brazil as a kid and was booed and jeered by his own so called supporters when he was young yet he kept his head down and got on with it. He has played for every manager we have had so they all saw something in him even though some fans did not and he never complained about the weather  :laugh: . He played multiple positions when called apon and always gave 100%. Deserves the credit and the testimonial.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:39 pm

Looks like he's going to Lazio - 5M bid accepted by the club.
HE WILL be missed; A solid Tropper who ALWAYS got stuck in on behalf of the team!
LUCAS - The most unbrazilian, brazilian footballer EVA...
YNWA!
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:40 pm

No good being two faced Ive never been a Lucas fan but do respect his commitment and service, great professional and a character too.

I think £5m is decent money and I suspect he will do well at Lazio, better pace of game though his constant niggy fouls may find him on the end of a throttling over there  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:44 pm

He's been a fine servant to the club on the pitch and a class act off it. I just want to wish him all the best for the future and to let him know that he'll always be welcome back at Anfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:36 am

While I respect the guy for staying with us through thick and thin, I'm not going to pretend that I've ever been a big fan of Lucas. If anything, our reliance on him over the past few years has illustrated how far we fell from grace. It's no coincidence that, as we improved under Klopp, Lucas has found it increasingly difficult to get game time.

Wish the lad well. He gave us 10 years and that's extremely significant. But I'm shocked we're getting anything for him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:21 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:36 am wrote:While I respect the guy for staying with us through thick and thin, I'm not going to pretend that I've ever been a big fan of Lucas. If anything, our reliance on him over the past few years has illustrated how far we fell from grace. It's no coincidence that, as we improved under Klopp, Lucas has found it increasingly difficult to get game time.

Wish the lad well. He gave us 10 years and that's extremely significant. But I'm shocked we're getting anything for him.

Our over-reliance on him is not his fault though...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:50 pm

I still wanted him to remain part of the squad however i guess Licas wants regular football.

All the best to him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:54 pm

He has been a great servant to the club but the time had come for him to move on. Best of luck to him  :nod
I don't think this will be the end of him either and think he will return someday as an ambassador to the club.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:54 am

johnbarnes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:39 pm wrote:Looks like he's going to Lazio - 5M bid accepted by the club.
HE WILL be missed; A solid Tropper who ALWAYS got stuck in on behalf of the team!
LUCAS - The most unbrazilian, brazilian footballer EVA...
YNWA!
  :buttrock

Well said, great player so will be missed. Can't believe we're letting him go to be honest.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion