EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:31 am

I definitely think he has other offers on the table and thats why hes stalling, Juventus would be a very big pull at this point.

The issue over wages will destroy our hopes really, if FSG are serious about success they need to start paying the rates for quality.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 07, 2017 5:09 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emre-can-claims-hes-played-12995580

Since he came the calf injury has been an issue and it is refreshing to see players play through the pain barrier. He seems to be hitting form of late and hopefully helps us win the next three matches.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:55 am

Reports coming out of Italy that Emre is going to sign a new contract with us worth 100k a week

(translation using google translate)...

He is one of the players with no doubt more quality and perspective in the role, Emre Can. German class, with Turkish origins, is one of Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool midfielder and has the contract expiring in June 2018. An occasion that made the antennas to many, around Europe. Inevitably also at Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus, always attentive to the best prospects and opportunities of the globe. However, he may soon be out of the question because, according to Tuttomercatoweb.com, Liverpool would be looking to find the square with former Leverkusen midfielder on a contract until 2021 by nearly £ 100,000 a week.

Source:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:18 pm

I think he had his best season yet in a Liverpool shirt and deserves the new deal. Fair enough he isn't a world beater and technically raw but he puts in a shift, Drives forward and adds that bit of steel to our mid.
If its good enough for Henderson and Lovren to be earning that kind of figure then Emre has every right to get it as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:44 pm

C-R » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:55 am wrote:Reports coming out of Italy that Emre is going to sign a new contract with us worth 100k a week

(translation using google translate)...

He is one of the players with no doubt more quality and perspective in the role, Emre Can. German class, with Turkish origins, is one of Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool midfielder and has the contract expiring in June 2018. An occasion that made the antennas to many, around Europe. Inevitably also at Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus, always attentive to the best prospects and opportunities of the globe. However, he may soon be out of the question because, according to Tuttomercatoweb.com, Liverpool would be looking to find the square with former Leverkusen midfielder on a contract until 2021 by nearly £ 100,000 a week.

Source:

Why would the Italian press get this before the English or the German? He's away with Germany for the confederations cup so isn't signing anything right now. 3rd year in a row he'll miss pre-season  :veryangry
Eagle

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Not really happy with the management who seem to fold quickly and hand out 100k contract like candy to the likes of Henderson, Can etc who are not even close to worth that kind of money.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:12 pm

Penguins » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:39 pm wrote:Not really happy with the management who seem to fold quickly and hand out 100k contract like candy to the likes of Henderson, Can etc who are not even close to worth that kind of money.

In this day and age 100,000 per week is candy, for really good players you need to cough up at least 200,000. The fact Juventus and PSG are after him tells you he should be kept.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:58 pm

kazza wrote:
Penguins » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:39 pm wrote:Not really happy with the management who seem to fold quickly and hand out 100k contract like candy to the likes of Henderson, Can etc who are not even close to worth that kind of money.

In this day and age 100,000 per week is candy, for really good players you need to cough up at least 200,000. The fact Juventus and PSG are after him tells you he should be kept.

If we paid an entire squad of 24  100k a week our total wage bill just tops 128 mil. Up till a few months ago we had about 3 players earning that figure so we can well afford to pay it. The TV money alone more than covers this and still leaves a healthy profit on the 150 we earned last season. That isn't including what we earn from sponsorships, Gates or extra payments from other competitions.
We can well afford to be paying that figure to 50% of the squad and have a few earning more and still live within our means.
Can is one of our better Midfielders so should be on a par with the others earning that and who knows maybe Juve and Psg will then target Henderson  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:44 pm

You know FSG though they will look at Marco Grujic on £15k a week and if they think hes close to the player Can currently is they will fastrack him in on financial grounds, not football.

I know footballs a business and its unwise to massively overspend, but if you get too bogged down in that side it can really have a negative impact on the team and clubs progression on the pitch.

FSG can be a bit keen on trimming if they can get away with it, try to be a bit too clever at times and interfering.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ken_job » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:46 am

Is there any possibility and/or merit in us using Emre as a make-weight in any potential Keita deal. If Keita was to come in we probably have too many midfield players and a return to Germany to a champions league side may be attractive to Can?
ken_job

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:11 pm

ken_job » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:46 am wrote:Is there any possibility and/or merit in us using Emre as a make-weight in any potential Keita deal. If Keita was to come in we probably have too many midfield players and a return to Germany to a champions league side may be attractive to Can?

Not a bad shout that, now that Coutinho looks like moving into MF there will only be 2 spots available in the starting XI for CM's, if Keita arrives you'd imagine he'd be a shoe in to start so that would leave Hendo, Wijnaldum, Can, Lucas and maybe even Lallana all fighting it out for the one shirt.
Obviously you do need depth to your squad but we could probably afford to lose 2 of those players and still be okay.
Can is a German international so Leipzig would probably be up for that deal and as you say Emre might be interested in a return to Germany himself where he would be playing week in week out for a club in the CL. Leipzig are are rising force in the game with a lot of resources behind them so he wouldn't be going to unambitious club.
After all if Emre stays here and Keita signs how much football is he realistically going to get? It might be a good move for all parties.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:36 pm

Not sure I would want to get rid of Can for a player that has had one good year and not in the prem mind you. The goal he scored last year shows he is not merely a bruiser but a talented player. I would prefer to lose Hendo!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:36 pm

not that impressed with Can in the Confed.Cup. didn't seem to do a lot however he's got a medal for it.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:09 pm

I've been impressed with Can recently. His game has improved and his becoming an important member of the team. I'd try to convince him to stay and offer him a contract.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Based on his recent performance, I would say £100K/wk would be a no-brainer for us to cough up...especially if Arsenal is paying Mesut Ozil near £300K/wk for strolling around the park not giving half a f##k LoL
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion