NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:42 pm

I don't know how anyone can call our transfer policy under FSG anything other than flawed. They have a don't pay won't pay attitude combined with an urge to sell our best players even though they tell us they don't have to. Will it take the sale of Coutinho in the summer to finally convince some fans of this ? because that deal is probably already done just like it was with Suarez.
We want to qualify for the CL but yet constantly sign players from lower clubs with absolutely zero winning or European experience. The last time we qualified was a bumper year for us due to the fact that we raked in a fortune from the league, got on the CL gravy train and flogged our best player for a ridiculous amount but then look at what we went and spent it on. We aren't even looking to win leagues any more and if we make the CL it will only be for experience because we don't have a team capable of competing in it. Whats more is that is has only taken them 7 years to make this acceptable to most fans. We have the money to compete with anyone is just as bad in my book as a spade in the ground within 90 days.
Bottom line is that under FSG we cannot compete and they wont take the steps either to make that happen. This will not change while they are here and if we think the threat of going bust a few years ago was bad then how bad do you think it will be next time when your owned by an LLC. Like it or not we owed 237million in 2010 and now we owe 95 so that reality of us entering that situation again could only be a few years down the line. If that happens we will do a leeds while our fantastic owners flog off every asset we have and walk away.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:53 am

TBH I can't see Coutinho joining Real or Barcelona, he simply isn't consistent enough to even garner their attention and can only play in certain systems.

If he does go I would be surprised as FSG would only be signing their death warrants and expediting their departure even sooner.

They still have many years to keep fooling the masses on what "a wonderful job" they are doing, look no further than a few of the peanuts that support them on this forum.

I'm not sure what it will take to remove these parasites, I'm really hoping that if we are all underwhelmed yet again during the offseason on transfers, that there is a groundswell at the start of next season to once and for all get them out of our club.

Before it's too late.........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Nice touch to honour a legend

Liverpool are to rename Anfield's Centenary Stand in honour of club legend Kenny Dalglish.
Dalglish, 66, scored 172 goals in 515 appearances after joining the club in 1977, becoming player-manager in 1985.
The Scot won a total of eight league titles, three European Cups, two FA Cups and five League Cups in his first spell at the club, which ended in 1991.
He returned as manager in 2011, winning the 2012 League Cup, and is currently a non-executive director.
"His name is synonymous with our club, with our home and the city of Liverpool," said owner John W Henry.

BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39798739
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 03, 2017 8:46 pm

7_Kewell » Wed May 03, 2017 6:58 pm wrote:Nice touch to honour a legend

Liverpool are to rename Anfield's Centenary Stand in honour of club legend Kenny Dalglish.
Dalglish, 66, scored 172 goals in 515 appearances after joining the club in 1977, becoming player-manager in 1985.
The Scot won a total of eight league titles, three European Cups, two FA Cups and five League Cups in his first spell at the club, which ended in 1991.
He returned as manager in 2011, winning the 2012 League Cup, and is currently a non-executive director.
"His name is synonymous with our club, with our home and the city of Liverpool," said owner John W Henry.

Wow, great gesture from FSG and a well deserved honour for Kenny.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 03, 2017 9:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed May 03, 2017 6:58 pm wrote:Nice touch to honour a legend

Wow, great gesture from FSG and a well deserved honour for Kenny.

Agreed, the word legend is over used nowadays but not when it comes to him as he is a true legend that will outlive his time. Not many players past or future probably will win as much as he did. To have a stand named after you is a great honor and he deserves to be remembered with the Liverpool greats. Good decision by the owners.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri May 12, 2017 6:48 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 12, 2017 8:30 pm

How on earth have we got the 3rd highest wage bill in the premier league ?  :oh:
We have a bunch of kids filling out the squad and most of our players don't earn 100k a week and yet we find ourselves with a dirt poor squad and an unsustainable wage bill. Up till recently the only players on 100+ were Milner and Sturridge. Coutinho's wage increase doesn't come into effect till 1st of july and I assume its the same with Lovren.
If every player in our squad of 24 was earning 100k a week our wage bill would be 124.8 mil a year and not that ridiculous figure quoted in the above article. FSG are notorious cheapskates who have been hell bent on reducing the wage bill since day 1, so to see a figure like that is staggering given the team we have.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri May 12, 2017 8:51 pm

We are paying wages to a lot of players out on loan or dont really want, for example FSG give Andre Wisdom a long deal on good wages purely to inflate his fee, gamble he will attract a buyer and take a big profit on the sale.

Stewart is another example, give a him decent contract then attempt to sell him on and insert a % sell on clause into the deal, this is how FSG operate than just let people go on a free and subsequently off our payroll.

The idea is we offset the risk taken by offering players we dont want contracts, from their sale, assuming they can find buyers, but maybe this statistic shows we aren't finding buyers and its distorting our position in terms of quality v wage bill.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 12, 2017 9:16 pm

red till i die!! » Fri May 12, 2017 7:30 pm wrote:How on earth have we got the 3rd highest wage bill in the premier league ?  :oh:
We have a bunch of kids filling out the squad and most of our players don't earn 100k a week and yet we find ourselves with a dirt poor squad and an unsustainable wage bill. Up till recently the only players on 100+ were Milner and Sturridge. Coutinho's wage increase doesn't come into effect till 1st of july and I assume its the same with Lovren.
If every player in our squad of 24 was earning 100k a week our wage bill would be 124.8 mil a year and not that ridiculous figure quoted in the above article. FSG are notorious cheapskates who have been hell bent on reducing the wage bill since day 1, so to see a figure like that is staggering given the team we have.

I'm not sure I believe that tbh, how the hell can we have a bigger wage bill than Man City?
Spurs as a club are meant to be worth double what we are and Newcastle are supposed to be worth the same as us? Those 2 clubs have won 1 league title between them in the last 60 years!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 13, 2017 1:21 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 12, 2017 8:16 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri May 12, 2017 7:30 pm wrote:How on earth have we got the 3rd highest wage bill in the premier league ?  :oh:

I'm not sure I believe that tbh, how the hell can we have a bigger wage bill than Man City?
Spurs as a club are meant to be worth double what we are and Newcastle are supposed to be worth the same as us? Those 2 clubs have won 1 league title between them in the last 60 years!

Agree spurs valued twice as much as us and Newcastle being the same as us looks complete pie in the sky but valuation doesn't necessarily link to past success, especially in our case when our last league 27 years ago when there was much less money about.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 13, 2017 3:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 12, 2017 9:16 pm wrote:

We could if we are using that player amortization shyte which I think we do. The players wage remains on the bill for the duration of their contract regardless of whether they are sold or not. Add all that up and it might not be so far off the truth. Our actual wage expense is around what Spurs pay I reckon.
The club valuations I agree sound totally ridiculous.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun May 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Our wage bill has increased every season since FSG have been in charge bar one. We also now are heavily weighted towards performance rated remuneration so that may have something to do with things. Although the jump in our wages is a little odd and certainly not easy to explain.

On player amortisation, this is a standard accoutring practice used by most football clubs and helps them keep on the right side of FFP.

Man City use a complicated group restructure where some of their staff/players are paid by group companies, which then charge the club for services provided. So what's in their accounts for payroll is misleading. And are the accounts used for those figures all from the same season? The last analysis I saw Arsenal's accounts were a year behind the rest.

I'd guess that Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea are all in the same league wages wise and then there isn't much between Arsenal and ourselves, and finally Spurs some way behind. In almost every financial metric we are 5th.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun May 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Revenue of Premier League clubs for 2015/2016 season.
Attachments
Revenue.jpg
Revenue.jpg (170.4 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun May 14, 2017 10:23 pm

Wages for Premier League clubs in 2015/2016 season. This will include players like Jose Enrique, Toure, Skrtel, Benteke, Balotelli, etc, but not the like of Matip and Mane, or the increases for the likes of Lovren and Coutinho. It may also include bonuses for reaching the League Cup and Europa League finals.
Attachments
wages.jpg
wages.jpg (77.43 KiB) Viewed 1416 times
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun May 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Cash in the bank.
Attachments
Cash balance.jpg
Cash balance.jpg (64.08 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<