Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:28 pm

parchpea » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:59 pm wrote:Unfortunately another link to Oxlade-Chamberlain which I personally hope is just BS.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have him further down on a list of options if we can't secure our first choice targets. My gut instinct is that it could be a difficult summer in terms of securing targets. Guardiola, Maureen, Conte will know where they want to strengthen after a season in their jobs and i'm just hoping they have different targets to us. Same with Arsenal. No doubt will be ready to spend considering how poor they have been. Hope this year if we can't get our first choice targets, we have alternatives in place
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Some reports of us being interested in Naby Keita and Jose Gimenez. Both would be good signings. if true...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:33 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:21 pm wrote:Some reports of us being interested in Naby Keita and Jose Gimenez. Both would be good signings. if true...

Keita looks good, wouldn't mind him, not sure about the other fella though, prefer Monalas from Roma myself.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 pm

parchpea » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:59 pm wrote:Unfortunately another link to Oxlade-Chamberlain which I personally hope is just BS.

Yeah, if we are going for another AM I'd much prefer Adama Traore or Mahrez. If they are out of our league these days then I'd go for that lad at Southampton, Redmond, he's better than O-C and would probably cost a lot less too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Mahrez would be a top signing but doubt we will get him. Leicester will price him out, asking price would be in 40+ mil region.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:00 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:21 pm wrote:Some reports of us being interested in Naby Keita and Jose Gimenez. Both would be good signings. if true...

Dont see us taking players off RB Leipzig or Atlético Madrid. Both clubs in strong leagues and pretty much guaranteed to be playing Champions League football next year.
Eagle

Postby Doeboy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:54 pm

Eagle » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:00 pm wrote:

Dont see us taking players off RB Leipzig or Atlético Madrid. Both clubs in strong leagues and pretty much guaranteed to be playing Champions League football next year.

This is pretty much the problem. RB Leipzig and Atletico are not a Southampton where we can pick off their players. If you want their players, you have to usually cough up huge fees which normally the likes of City, Chelsea etc pay. RB Leipzig are pretty flush so not easy prising players away from clubs like that, even more so when the likes of Bayern show interest in the same players.

It is a very difficult situation and got to be honest, i'm not getting my hopes up this summmer and it may be another case of Klopp finding some hidden gems off everyone elses radar like Matip
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:22 am

Leipzig might not be allowed a European licence because RB-Saltzburg are owned by the same people and UEFA won't allow both teams to compete in the same competition. They are a franchise. If its really a problem that we cannot compete with clubs like this then its time to give up  :nod Also they have a salary cap of 3mil euro which is probably less than what the players who prop up our bench get paid.
There is only 7 clubs in world football who earn more money than us so why has it become acceptable for us to lose out on players to clubs below us or ones that barely even make the list ? According to Forbes we trump Dortmund by at least 150million annually and our net worth is almost twice theirs and 3 times the likes of Athletico who earn less than half what we do in a year but yet somehow our fans believe these clubs can afford to pay outrageous salaries to their players.  :no  Most will blame it on everything else like the weather rather than accept the truth that FSG do not want to pay attention never mind the fee's needed to obtain better players even though its well within their capacity to do so.
A quick Google will show that players like Reus and Aubameyang earn 4 million euro a year  :wwww  Players like that in our side would cement us in the CL spots and go along way towards attracting top young talent to play alongside them. Somehow I don't think the likes of demarai grey or ben chilwell will have the same effect.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm

I hope we sign that Kasper Dolberg we was linked with in January. He looks like one of the best young prospects in Europe.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:49 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:23 pm wrote:I hope we sign that Kasper Dolberg we was linked with in January. He looks like one of the best young prospects in Europe.

Hard to tell with the Dutch league, some players have come over and have been amazing and some have come over and flopped but he does look elegant on the ball and quite skilful, that's always a good sign.
I hope we sign him too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Last few days Douglas Costas name has cropped up.

I mean hes a very good player just too good really, you cant see FSG sanctioning that deal unless they are diggng deeper this summer.

Maybe hes lost a leg  :laugh:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:46 pm

parchpea » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:09 pm wrote:Last few days Douglas Costas name has cropped up.

I mean hes a very good player just too good really, you cant see FSG sanctioning that deal unless they are diggng deeper this summer.

Maybe hes lost a leg  :laugh:

He's a cracking player but he seems to be linked with Spurs more than us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Tonight's Echo is saying that the club are prepared to pay £50m for Van Dijk. No way on earth is he worth that, I'd rather we went for that Greek lad who plays for Roma.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Van Dijk has Liverpool written all over him and he will be rubbish.

Think it shows how narrow our outlook is, the boy from Fulham, lad from Hull full backs, and Southampton, again.

I predict another miserable summer of utter waste and ridiculous penny pinching, crazy world of our recruitment.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:13 pm

parchpea » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:45 pm wrote:Van Dijk has Liverpool written all over him and he will be rubbish.

Think it shows how narrow our outlook is, the boy from Fulham, lad from Hull full backs, and Southampton, again.

I predict another miserable summer of utter waste and ridiculous penny pinching, crazy world of our recruitment.

Agree mate, If we are going to buy another Southampton player I'd rather it was Nathan Redmond.
Van Dijk is half decent but you don't pay £50m for a half decent player. You can see what's going to happen a mile off, we'll pay a fortune for VVD, then Southampton will pick up someone just as good or even better from the French second division or somewhere for about £6m.
Make right cvnts out of us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill