ADAM LALLANA Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:23 pm

Lallana has probably been our second best player after Mane this season. He's also been voted England's best player in 2016 by more than 25% than the next guy I hear. Big big loss for us in the middle of the park.

I'd actually keep Can in the DM role and have Henderson try to play the Lallana role. Moving Coutinho to the middle could also be an option but we'll lose a bit defensively if we do that.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:31 am

Hopefully Firmino can be an adequate replacement for Lallana and Origi can find some form. Firmino has a good engine also and reminds me most of Lallana in what he can do.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:01 am

Klopp seems very angry over this injury and I hope he tore strips off Lallana for playing the second half after being pictured clutching the same thigh when emerging from the tunnel at half time. If he had any sort of pain or worry in his mind then he should have put his hand up and told southgate he couldn't continue. Surely that has to be hammered into the players minds before they head off on internationals because this isn't the first time this has happened us  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:19 pm

The problem we have is that are a number areas in the team where one injury will leave the side unbalanced due our lack of desirable options. The position that Lallana and Wij play is one of those areas. There is no direct replacement.

Having Henderson as the number 6 and Can as one of the number 8s just hasn’t worked to date so Klopp needs to find another solution while Lallana is out.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:03 pm

parchpea » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:31 pm wrote:Out for 4 weeks apparently injured on England duty.

The Echo is saying he's likely to miss 6 games  :glare:
This is a huge blow for us, Lallana is right at the heart of our pressing game, even his biggest detractors admit that he puts in one hell of a shift.
We could move Phil into the midfield and probably gain in terms of creativity but let's face it Phil doesn't press with the same enthusiasm or cover half the ground that Adam does.
This could end up costing us a top four place but do you think anyone involved with the national team gives a s[hyte]? Do they ****
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:39 pm

According to reports Lallana was injured just before the half time interval and yet he emerged for the second half and played on knowing he could and probably would  exacerbate the injury, its this kind of thoughtless 'Three Lions *****' that galls the f*ck out of me.  :angry:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:07 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:39 pm wrote:According to reports Lallana was injured just before the half time interval and yet he emerged for the second half and played on knowing he could and probably would  exacerbate the injury, its this kind of thoughtless 'Three Lions *****' that galls the f*ck out of me.  :angry:

if that is the case Adam should have acted more responsibly...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Some unconfirmed reports that Lallana has suffered a thigh injury and will be out for around 2-3 months, will need to keep an eye on this. Also in the same report they said Coutinho didn't train and won't be travelling to Dublin - make of that what you will :(

Lallana confirmed....

Klopp  “This is certainly not news we would have wanted."

Klopp "Unfortunately, the damage is such that it will likely mean Adam is out for a couple of months not weeks"

Confirmation on Coutinho as well now in the Mirror http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... 10931553?2
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Apparently Paul Joyce (journo and respected LFC source) is saying Lallana is going to be out a lot longer than originally feared, he was due to return in October but it now looks like its probably going to be December before he returns to action :(
That's practically half the season  :no

We need to spend some dough on our midfield and sharpish.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:14 pm

We are missing creativity badly without Coutinho and Lallana. We really must buy another player.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:06 am

It was reported last night that Lallana will be out until December  :down:

That coupled with Coutinho's supposed back injury surely has to see us bring in a replacement

The obvious choice being Draxler who we were in for back in Januray

Lallana seems to have picked up a lot of injuries since being with us, quite worrying
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:22 am

Lallana is pivitol to our attacking and pressing system. He was on fire last season when we were on a stroll. We really need reinforcements now!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:55 am

Paul Joyce has come out and said he got it wrong about December and says Lallana should be back in November

Still a long bloody time without one of our best players
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:13 pm

Any idea when his back? Lallana was on fire last season when we were at the top.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Good to see this lad back in training in a week or two. It's great as our midfield is depressing the hell out of me :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion