DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:20 am

We really missed this lad last night in my opinion. That's testament to how much he's kicked on under Klopp's stewardship. Not the prettiest player on the eye but his industry and workrate make him ideal for fixtures such as last nights
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:57 am

Klopptomaniac » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 am wrote:We really missed this lad last night in my opinion. That's testament to how much he's kicked on under Klopp's stewardship. Not the prettiest player on the eye but his industry and workrate make him ideal for fixtures such as last nights

Agreed, we missed him. But what do you mean by not the prettiest player on the eye? I think he plays alright, he actually has good close control...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat May 14, 2016 9:17 am

This is nice to see, young Divy has won player of the month for April  :nod

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat May 21, 2016 11:21 pm

Has he done enough be given a go as our number one striker next season? If not, with Klopp generally preferring one man up top, will he start enough games to keep him happy and continue with his development?
Eagle

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Eagle » Sat May 21, 2016 11:21 pm wrote:Has he done enough be given a go as our number one striker next season? If not, with Klopp generally preferring one man up top, will he start enough games to keep him happy and continue with his development?

Not sure if he's done enough at this moment to edge out a fully fit Sturridge for the number one striker label but he's deffo breathing down Daniels neck.

Game by game I'm more and more impressed with this fella AND he's only 21, give him another season with LFC under his belt and we could see him as our go to striker.

As far as how much game time/starts will he be given this season ? Don't know about starts BUT given the fragility of Sturridge I fully expect him to spend as much time (if not more) on the pitch as Sturridge does this season.

Deffo part of our future, don't know what his contract situation is but hopefully we're nailing this fella down to be with us for years too come .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Its something I've been thinking about aswel, a conundrum for Klopp.
Both strikers are very good and deserve to start. Origi is getting better fame by game which was the reason why he took over Studge.
I've got a feeling same will happen this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:30 pm

I think Divock has a way to go before he can provide enough goals to be our main man. We need our main man bagging 20+ this season along with his fellow strikers hitting double figures. Another 20 odd from the midfield and we will sail back into the top 4.
With the amount of chances we create we need to be getting a better return.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:43 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:30 pm wrote:I think Divock has a way to go before he can provide enough goals to be our main man. We need our main man bagging 20+ this season along with his fellow strikers hitting double figures. Another 20 odd from the midfield and we will sail back into the top 4.

I think it might all depend on how hard Danny is prepared to work off the ball mate, if we look a better all round side with Divock up top I think Jurgen will play him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:43 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:30 pm wrote:I think Divock has a way to go before he can provide enough goals to be our main man. We need our main man bagging 20+ this season along with his fellow strikers hitting double figures. Another 20 odd from the midfield and we will sail back into the top 4.

I think it might all depend on how hard Danny is prepared to work off the ball mate, if we look a better all round side with Divock up top I think Jurgen will play him.

Sturridge will never cover enough ground to keep klopp happy and expecting him to do so will only add to his injuries. He is a luxury player and should be used as one because no one at the club is as clinical as he is. Less defensive responsibility will see him float and then use his pace to exploit any chances we create. This way we might prolong the next injury or avoid it altogether.

Anyway I have a funny feeling we will end up playing Firmino up top for large parts of the season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:39 am

Seems to me he has regressed abit. What happened to the player who led the line and was full of energy in Klopp's first half of the season?  When we are pressuring and the opponents have parked the bus, he is almost useless...

Makes me think he maybe a player like Can, promising in the beginning but eventually couldn't develop into a quality of Liverpool's standard.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:50 am

His lost pace just like Sturridge.
I remember last year he led the line really well. When we lost him for the Sevilla match i was worried.
I don't know whats happened to the lad.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Yeah I must admit I expected him to really kick on this season myself, especially given his form at the tail end of last season.
Btw good call by rtid back in August (before the season even started) about Jurgen going with Firmino as his main striker this season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:46 pm

What a difference a year makes, eh?

This season Origi has been poor and I’m surprised he hasn’t kicked on following the promise of last year. However, as things stand, he’s about as useful as Ngog. In fact, I’m pretty sure he’s scored the same amount of goals.

He was quoted in The Times as saying "This season is difficult to play a lot. At the end of the season I'll make an assessment. I need to remain calm."
Quite frankly, if we can get our money back, I’d let him go. I know he’s young, but he’s been nowhere near good enough to start and he hasn’t looked all that interested when he’s come on as a sub either. If he thinks otherwise then it'll be for the best that we part company...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:43 pm

He reminds me of Heskey but not quite as good.

Can look unplayable some games and blasts in some class finishes. But other days he's bog average or worse.

Young though, i would give him another season. There are signs of a player there but whether he can fulfill his potential is for debate.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:14 am

Since Lallana is injured he will probably play against Everton, it is a good chance for him against his fellow Belgian. He may have a point to prove and play well.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion