MARKO GRUJIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:21 am

I don't think it's fair to make comparison's on young players, but I am gonna do it anyway, he reminded me of a young mixture of Hamman and SG, more so Hamman but less gangly

He looks a real talent, I appreciate it was a lower league club, but he did the simple things well, his short passing was spot on, his aggression but more noteably his power really stood out

Looks a very astute buy
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:22 am

C-R » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:21 am wrote:I don't think it's fair to make comparison's on young players, but I am gonna do it anyway, he reminded me of a young mixture of Hamman and SG, more so Hamman but less gangly

He looks a real talent, I appreciate it was a lower league club, but he did the simple things well, his short passing was spot on, his aggression but more noteably his power really stood out

Looks a very astute buy

I know nothing about this lad. Is he a defensive midfielder?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:22 am

C-R » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:21 am wrote:I don't think it's fair to make comparison's on young players, but I am gonna do it anyway, he reminded me of a young mixture of Hamman and SG, more so Hamman but less gangly

Looks a very astute buy

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:35 am

7_Kewell » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:22 am wrote:

Looks a very astute buy

From his wiki page

"Standing at 6-foot-3-inches (1.90m), Grujić has been described as "tall, rangy, comfortable on the ball and with a good range of passing" and dubbed the 'new Matić' because of his likeness in both appearance and position to fellow Serbian defensive midfielder Nemanja Matić.[10] He has also been compared to Premier League legends Yaya Touré and Patrick Vieira, with his large stature and athleticism making him "quick to reach both penalty areas without ever seeming to be reaching top speed"
killerp

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Absolutely love what I've seen of him in pre-season. I hope he gets a few minutes to stamp his authority in midfield. Obviously he's only young so needs to be protected coming in and out of the side but I'm excited to see how he does. No pressure big lad  :D
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Think this lad is settling in very well and looks to be a decent player. I hope also that he gets plenty of minutes throughout the season as we could do with a lad who can cover ground like that and has an end product.

Liking what i see so far from the lad.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:14 am

Same here mate hoping he gets mins. It would be good if we have long cup runs.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Almost forgot about Grujić. It’s a real shame he’s been out injured since November. It was always going to be a settling in season for a young lad from the Serbian league but he would have a got a fair few starts over December/January with the busy fixture schedule, cup games, and injuries to midfielders and attacking players. Hopefully he’ll be back in training before long as he looks talented.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:56 pm

I think with games since November Grujic would be ahead of Can, saw him pre season and an absolute beast, looked twice the man of Matip whos a big lad, just imposing.

I do have big hopes for him but hes got to deliver and be lucky with injury.

He played like he wanted to run the whole game for Liverpool, really strong character always asking to receive the ball, a winner.

Fingers crossed we see him before seasons out and Klopp isnt over cautious with him or edges a preference for his German counter part Can, which can happen.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Its a shame for him and especially Ings.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Competition for Can ,I love players who make football look easy and you can see this clearly whenever Grujic plays, could be a wildcard against City if Klopp is willing to gamble
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Can't see Klopp putting him in ahead of Can. Too early after injury.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Id be happy just to see him on the bench, in terms of subs we are down to the bare bones at the minute.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon May 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Should play last couple of games not reserve football, got a good feeling about this guy get him in that team now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 09, 2017 5:30 am

His kind of good at heading the ball. something we lack when players cross the ball into box.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion