‘Best ever’ Neymar hails FC Barcelona’s historic comeback in

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Neymar110 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:50 am

Barcelona star Neymar broke the record for most UEFA Champions League assists in a single campaign as he set up Sergi Roberto's dramatic late goal during the Blaugrana's incredible 6-1 win over Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday.
The Brazilian netted an 87th minute free-kick and 89th minute penalty before Sergi Roberto’s 94th minute dramatic winner secured an incredible victory for the Blaugrana.
"It's the best game I have played in my life," Neymar told BeIn Sports after the game.
"For the history, for the goals, for the level of the team. I'm in a good moment of form, a really good moment. I am really happy.
"We believed we could do it," we knew we could do it, that we could come back in any game. We believe in our players, in the team and we are capable of everything.
"I told Sergi to get in the area, that he would score a goal. When we conceded we dipped a little. Then in a few minutes we scored two goals and ... ufff.
"We played with responsibility, with joy, with pressure and with the ball. The first week after Paris was tough, it did a lot of damage, but then we recovered our football and since the second week we've been desperately waiting for the game to arrive and to write history."
He equalled the record of seven assists—based on Opta stats stretching back to 2003-04—held by former Barca team-mate Xavi, Mesut Ozil and Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he set up his seventh goal of the 2016-17 season against Celtic in November.
Neymar breaks Messi's record for Champions League assists in a season
The Brazilian equalled the record of seven back in November, setting up Lionel Messi to open the scoring in Barcelona's group stage game against Celtic, though it was the meeting between the sides at Camp Nou which set him on his way.
In Barcelona's 7-0 victory over Brendan Rodgers' side in September 2016, Neymar registed four assists and a goal inside the 90 minutes to complete the rout in Catalonia.
Neymar110
LFC Basic Member

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion