Ranieri SACKED

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:06 pm

From Premier league winning manager to the dole office in less than a year. I feel sorry for him, the players have let him down big time and he's taken the brunt of it.

Hope the players there take a good, long look at themselves..
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:48 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:06 pm wrote:From Premier league winning manager to the dole office in less than a year. I feel sorry for him, the players have let him down big time and he's taken the brunt of it.

Hope the players there take a good, long look at themselves..

Only after Monday. Our next match just got a bit more difficult!
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Scandalous decision really, what he conjured up last year was not just a footballing miracle but a sporting one, they were 5000-1 to win the league yet less than 12 months after achieving the impossible they've told him to pack his bags?  :no
I wouldn't mind but they're not even in the relegation zone, surely he deserved more loyalty than that?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:11 pm

No way!!!!

That is just fecking disgusting. They are behaving like Leicester are a top side who regularly win the league. Atleast they should have given him the season let them gain safety and then improve squad for next season.

The players have let him down bigtime.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:16 pm

Caretaker manager Mr Shakespeare will take over vs us on Monday.

Great! Watch the players rejuvenate themselves.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:10 pm wrote:Scandalous decision really, what he conjured up last year was not just a footballing miracle but a sporting one, they were 5000-1 to win the league yet less than 12 months after achieving the impossible they've told him to pack his bags?  :no
I wouldn't mind but they're not even in the relegation zone, surely he deserved more loyalty than that?

It was only a few weeks ago the board gave him the "vote of confidence"....very sad. I hope they go down.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 pm

They are still in the CL as well, a 2-1 loss away at Seville (who are 3rd in La Liga) is a decent result, imagine if they win the second leg? How's that going to look in the history books? Win the title one year, QF of the CL the next....then sacked!
The top clubs are literally spending billions between them in order to try and win the title and get to the latter stages of the CL, Raneiri does it on a relative shoestring and gets shown the door. Unbelievable  :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:49 am

Ranieri deserves better.
I hope they get relegated and kicked out of Europe.

Lets smash them on Monday.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:38 am

That's sad, he performed a miracle for them. Lets get in there and take Schmeichel.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:58 am

Yet another example of why despite loving the Pool and the game, I despise this modern era.

What a absolute disgrace 9 months after engineering one of not just football but sport's greatest fairytales.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:48 pm

They only got to into the top 10 once in the last 12 years and they fire him. Dicks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Unbelieveable...who do Leicester think they are. They were lucky to have such a talented manager
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Exactly they were lucky to have him. They could now have a mediocre manager get relegated and stay in the championship for 6 years.
I'm sure Ranieri would have kept them up.
We really don't know whats been going on behind doors but seems like the players and Ranieri were not on the same page anymore.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:31 pm

redshade » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:21 pm wrote:Exactly they were lucky to have him. They could now have a mediocre manager get relegated and stay in the championship for 6 years.
I'm sure Ranieri would have kept them up.
We really don't know whats been going on behind doors but seems like the players and Ranieri were not on the same page anymore.

I'm not surprised, given the sh!te they were serving up. I've not seen a more inept title defence since Blackburn won it after KK left. Pretty sure they were dire the following season.

Half of the players there thought the'd made it and took their foot off the gas. I expect half of them to leave in the summer without any ounce of regret.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:11 am

Absoulately disgraceful.  :no

The club should have turned on it's players NOT the manager.

But this is football and as we all know being run by opportunistic owners ourselves, in this day and age football is just $$$

Ranieri can hold his head up high because he has done what no one else has been able to do and will go down as one of greatest achievements in the history of sport.

Leicester on the other hand can f**k off, I hope we put 6 past them on Monday.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion