Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Chelsea after Dahoud with Kante and Matic already on the books.

This is the mentality we need and used to have, meanwhile we pin hope of a low level operator like Can and the boy Grujic with barely half a dozen top league games under his belt and plagued by injury.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:45 pm

One player worth a look is Serge Gnabry. He looked exciting as a teenager at Arsenal and it looks like he's really blossomed since he moved to Germany. Granted I've only seen him on the Bundesliga highlights show but he seems to be the stand out player for Werder Bremen every game and he's stats are great. Only 21 and probably a realistic target.
Eagle

Postby Mikz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Eagle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:45 pm wrote:One player worth a look is Serge Gnabry. He looked exciting as a teenager at Arsenal and it looks like he's really blossomed since he moved to Germany. Granted I've only seen him on the Bundesliga highlights show but he seems to be the stand out player for Werder Bremen every game and he's stats are great. Only 21 and probably a realistic target.

:sleepy:  :sleepy:

No more risks..impact players now
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Naby Keita from Leipzig must sign!
I've watched a couple of games this young lad is a superstar and he is only 22...Quick feet very technical great reading of the pitch super fast...Sign now please.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:44 am

Mikz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:59 pm wrote:
Eagle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:45 pm wrote:One player worth a look is Serge Gnabry. He looked exciting as a teenager at Arsenal and it looks like he's really blossomed since he moved to Germany. Granted I've only seen him on the Bundesliga highlights show but he seems to be the stand out player for Werder Bremen every game and he's stats are great. Only 21 and probably a realistic target.

:sleepy:  :sleepy:

No more risks..impact players now

Every player is a risk.

Gnabry has scored 10 league goals in 21 games. I'm sure if he was in our squad we wouldn't have missed Mane so much when he went to the AFCON.
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Reports are saying that Lacazette would be interested in a move to us but would demand £180k a week plus bonuses on top. We need a impact player, and Lacazette has proven to be quick and very mobile and on top of that scores plenty of goals. This would be a very good signing which means it's not going to happen.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:10 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:49 pm wrote:Reports are saying that Lacazette would be interested in a move to us but would demand £180k a week plus bonuses on top. We need a impact player, and Lacazette has proven to be quick and very mobile and on top of that scores plenty of goals. This would be a very good signing which means it's not going to happen.

How old is he now mate? If he over 26 I doubt FSG will be willing to splash out the £30m+ needed to bring him here.
He's exactly the type of high profile player we should be going for though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:10 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:49 pm wrote:Reports are saying that Lacazette would be interested in a move to us but would demand £180k a week plus bonuses on top. We need a impact player, and Lacazette has proven to be quick and very mobile and on top of that scores plenty of goals. This would be a very good signing which means it's not going to happen.

How old is he now mate? If he over 26 I doubt FSG will be willing to splash out the £30m+ needed to bring him here.
He's exactly the type of high profile player we should be going for though.

Turns 26 in May. Think he may be at a stage where some of the moneybags teams might be looking at him now so would be surprised if we ended up at us.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:20 pm

I hope we snap Lacazette. His ideal
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:46 pm

I don't mind the club paying 40-50 million in transfer fees. But that kind of wages is ridiculous...
But then again NBA players are paid alot more than that...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:41 pm

Lanzarote?    Y'know, wtf?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Is Lacazette really that good? I mean, he plays in a league that is weaker than the Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga, and he just about manages a goal every other game over the course of his 200 career games. He's scored 22 league goal this year which is very good return but apparently 10 of those are penalties. I haven't actually seen him play but the general consensus seems to be that he would be major signing?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Lacazette is a good striker. Movement very good, pacey. However, let's not forget a certain Djibril Cisse was banging them in for fun for Auxerre when we signed him and look how that turned out. Just shows you never know whether a player will successfully make the transition  to the English league. However no doubting the guy is looking good over there. French football is bit of a dodgy barometer as there are some poor teams in that league outside the likes of PSG, Monaco and Lyon.

Personally speaking, I'd like one out of two types of striker. One option is to go for someone in the Suarez, Aguero, Tevez mould...i.e someone who is a continual pest and doesn't give the oppo defense a moments rest and obviously knows where the goal is. Or the second type would someone in the Lewandowski, Costa, Kane etc mould. Basically someone with an all round game, capable of hitting 20 a season and maybe the likes of Mane, Coutinho, Lallana etc could play off and use as a foil.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:30 pm

I'd actually prefer it if we concentrated on strengthening the defence and midfield in the summer. Given we are the highest scorers in the division I'd argue that the other end of pitch is more of a priority anyway.
I know spending big money on goalkeepers and defenders isn't as exciting and glamorous as splashing the cash on attackers but every single successful side is built on a solid defence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:30 pm wrote:I'd actually prefer it if we concentrated on strengthening the defence and midfield in the summer. Given we are the highest scorers in the division I'd argue that the other end of pitch is more of a priority anyway.
I know spending big money on goalkeepers and defenders isn't as exciting and glamorous as splashing the cash on attackers but every single successful side is built on a solid defence.

Yep, strong defence is absolutely a must. We wont get anywhere continually conceding anything approaching 50 league goals a season.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill