Lg Cup semi Southampton v Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Good stuff Mags.

RBG you seemed to have elevated yourself to a position that is perhaps questionable ??? You have a go at "modern day" supporters that have spent a fortune going to Anfield through years of downright depression !! And yet only recently you refer to Rogers as a charlatan and he very nearly won us the league (oh sorry that was Suarez). Whatever happened to YNWA ?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:32 pm

maguskwt » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:55 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:37 pm wrote:
So you think he's culpable ? He lost two of the players he brought in to improve the team and finds himself left with only unproven kids and basically the team that capitulated so disgracefully against Seville and the players he wants to improve the squad further aren't available in this months transfer window  :glare:  to add further insult to injury he has a striker walking around with a mug like a slapped ***** who has not only threw his toys out of the pram he's swallowed the f*cking baby monitor.

So within that squad he has Milner who has been brilliant but now seems to be having a dip in form, he has Can playing badly, he's only just got Coutz back, Wjinaldum cant play with Can on the same pitch, Lallana's blistering early form has gone walkabout , only Firmino is willing to press the play from the front and Klavan looks too easily exposed by pace and he has teams tipping up Anfield committed to putting 11 behind the ball, something I'm sure you will concur has been our Achilles heel for every manager since Houllier was in charge. 

So with that said, it seems churlish that some  fans seem way too eager to compile a list of his supposed crimes  ??? I can only declare I have no affinity or for that matter understanding of the modern football fan and for that much I am extremely thankful !

Oh come on RBG, riding the high horse, you were vehemently defending Rodgers just like now once, and then all of a sudden, YOU turned on him dramatically too. Klopp is partly to blame for this downfall. Let's call it as it is. As I've always said the buck always stops with the manager. He underestimated this Christmas period. That's it! You've got one of your strikers that you would rely on (Ings) out for the rest of the season. You know that Mane was gonna leave for the ANC. You alienated the best striker you have, marginalized him when it comes to playing him. You fell out with the best CB you have (right or wrong) and yet you didn't do enough to strengthen the squad in January. The "selling clubs didn't want to sell" is abit of a too convenient excuse isn't it? Only the Matip case was something that can be considered unforeseen.

On top of that, when it comes to tactics, you have the "the-first-team-put-out-is-the-best-team-and-tactics-so-I-don't-really-want-to-change-anything" attitude. In alot of the games you substitute too late, change things too late, have un-used subs. You have inexperienced youngsters on the bench. Who's fault is all that? All teams go through injuries. It's part of the game. That's why you are PAID to manage the team. And you are paid handsomely too!

As for Sturridge case, who can blame him for dropping form when it is clear that you are not wanted by the manager and only come back and rely on you when there is no one else left. Sturridge's bad performance was ONE game. Klopp's bad performance has been 5-6 games.

I don't wish to become embroiled in any  long drawn and frankly tedious debate pertaining to the former incumbent, only  to say I eventually grew to hate him and that much I cant mask nor did I attempt to do so in my posts. I can however tell you that with Benitez and Dalglish the realisation we had lost two genuinely talented managers
rankled me greatly, again something you can clearly detect in the tone of my posts directly after  their respective sackings.

So forgive me if I seem slightly deflated with some fans dipping a toe on the forum to broadcast reservations they apparently held fast until such a time as the manager was seen as negligent , the same fans that have eulogised the manager for the football we were playing just before the 'football' and in particular Mane went away.

In the strange case of the disappearing Sturridge, just how much patience is he to show to a player regularly renounced by the fans due to his persistent injuries, because I personally think he has shown tolerance to the point of sufferance with this particular striker, but what galls me the most is fans looking for someone else to blame for a player who clearly doesn't want to wear the shirt again let alone score goals, a task he is  also richly rewarded to do !     

I'm pretty sure United fans and City fans felt similarly when they were struggling after appointing both Mourinho and Guardiola two managers they believed would transform their team and their respective fortunes, whilst 'lest we forget' bankrolled to a ridiculous extent by their super rich owners ???  Only guess what ?  it turns out that even with that money they are ordinary people who make mistakes born of naivety ,stubbornness and arrogance.  I'm just saying that throughout Klopp has conducted himself with a touch of class and should I dare  risk the outrage by saying maybe some fans could probably learn from that.

Well take it from someone well versed in tales of our demise being completely rewritten, the football will return and Klopp's decisions not to buy in this window will be justified if not completely vindicated by those who just love a f*cking good gripe and sadly have way too much time on their hands  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:57 pm

devaney » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:35 pm wrote:Good stuff Mags.

RBG you seemed to have elevated yourself to a position that is perhaps questionable ??? You have a go at "modern day" supporters that have spent a fortune going to Anfield through years of downright depression !! And yet only recently you refer to Rogers as a charlatan and he very nearly won us the league (oh sorry that was Suarez). Whatever happened to YNWA ?

Fans do spend a fortune these days but handing over their money is about the most energetic thing they do. I can't remember the last time our fans outsung the away supporters at Anfield and quite frankly those half hearted renditions of fields of Annie Road are an embarrassment.
Practically every single press conference Klopp tries to explain almost to the point of exasperation just how important fans are and just how big a role they play in determining the outcome of a game but his plea's just fall on deaf ears, no one gives a s[hit].
I feel sorry for the fella, coming from Dortmund to here must be a huge culture shock for him.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:05 pm

devaney » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:35 pm wrote:Good stuff Mags.

I'm still at ground level fella, I just say what I feel and leave you and the rest to pick through it  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games