Plymouth v Liverpool replay 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:37 am

Reg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 am wrote:Don't you think it's a bit odd that we Danny played.  Not sure Bob would've played the kids and had Rushie up front, or Evans would have played Fowler in front of the boys.

Testament we have a very thin squad, or that Danny's in the ***** again or... what? Back on the bench against Swansea I guess?

Did he play didn't notice..Their was a shirt with his name on it but that's it....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:20 am

If the likes of Sturridge, Carroll, Benteké don't get any service then they are no use or ornament. Sturridge and Suarez fed off each other and that was the difference.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Happy with the result and the two games in general. Wasn't as good as we're used to but the team was 95% kids and I'm glad they had a run out.

Anyway, Klopp is giving a lot of chances to the young kids, so I wonder why aren't the likes of Brannagan and Chirivella getting game time, considering they really impressed last season when they were given a chance?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 pm

damjan193 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:08 pm wrote:Happy with the result and the two games in general. Wasn't as good as we're used to but the team was 95% kids and I'm glad they had a run out.

Anyway, Klopp is giving a lot of chances to the young kids, so I wonder why aren't the likes of Brannagan and Chirivella getting game time, considering they really impressed last season when they were given a chance?

Chirivella is on loan and playing n the  Eredivisie, Brannagan hasn't played for the u23's for a while so I'm guessing he's injured
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Watching Sturridge playing last night was painful, I counted four chances that he should have buried with a shrug of arrogance but for some inexplicable reason he practically rolled the ball into the keepers arms, Daniel is a clinical striker and such strikers don't lose that ability overnight , it looks to me that he patently doesn't want to play  for the club let alone score and last nights effort was frankly lamentable  and a performance so lethargic that it would have stood out like a Belisha Beacon to the manager.

He obviously needs a new challenge that much is evident, but to forget how good this club and its fans have been to him through his countless injuries is unforgivable !

The game itself was instantly forgettable all albeit from Lucas's well taken header and his overall performance at the back and the maturity and elegance shown by Woodburn when he was dropped into midfield was commendable for one so young in years .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:16 pm

I know we did a reasonable job at United but the Klopp machine is definitely ambling not firing on all cylinders with individuals losing form and the teams early season swagger a distant memory.

Nice to be through and into a very winnable games against Wolves but we huffed and puffed past Plymouth, 1 goal from a corner in over 3 hours of football, poor really.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Im get the feeling the Klopp machine works when the main jigs are available. When one or two main pieces are missing you wont get the same effect.

This weekend im sure we will see the machine in gear.

Hendo

Lallana  Wijunaldum

Origi           Coutinho

Firmino

Been a while since we had that setup.
I would consider playing Ojo instead of Origi.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:22 am

redshade » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:36 pm wrote:Im get the feeling the Klopp machine works when the main jigs are available. When one or two main pieces are missing you wont get the same effect.

This weekend im sure we will see the machine in gear.

Hendo

Lallana  Wijunaldum

Origi           Coutinho

Firmino

Been a while since we had that setup.
I would consider playing Ojo instead of Origi.

Yeah I like Origi but he's definately out of sorts atm, playing Ojo wide right is a decent shout.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:08 am

I would really like to see Sturridge instead of Firmino. The criticism on sturridge is abit unfair considering he hasnt had the chance to play together with a Klopp's first choice midfield like Hendo, Wij, Lallana and Couts. Remember back in 13-14, when Suarez was out, Couts and Sturridge formed a lethal partnership with plenty of goals...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 pm

maguskwt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:08 am wrote:I would really like to see Sturridge instead of Firmino. The criticism on sturridge is abit unfair considering he hasnt had the chance to play together with a Klopp's first choice midfield like Hendo, Wij, Lallana and Couts. Remember back in 13-14, when Suarez was out, Couts and Sturridge formed a lethal partnership with plenty of goals...

Mags I've been standing and sitting on the Kop for many years and although certain aspects of the support have changed, the one thing we insist on is 'heart' and if a player isn't ready to fight then its the biggest kick in the grid he can deliver to those very supporters who have challenged those in the media who have doubted his conviction.

His performance against Plymouth delivered that very kick, the kind of display we as fans all dread seeing, I mean it couldn't even be loosely described as half hearted as he clearly didn't want to be there !

As for dropping Firmino I'm frankly shocked that you would even contemplate swapping a player whose energy and appetite to regain possession and defend almost rigidly from the front  adds so much to making the system Klopp plays so effective.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games