Middlesbrough v Liverpool Weds 14th Dec 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 pm wrote:
redshade » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:42 pm wrote:Oh great Chelsea win again. Teams are struggling to get a goal past them.

They were lucky in the sense that Courtois made a world class save in the last minute. Things are going for them at the moment but the law of averages suggests that they'll have a bit of a blip soon.

Ironic isn't it, they have a keeper who has probably won them 3 points tonight. These kinda things do add up and still think we should be looking for a quality keeper in Jan. Saying that Mignolet was fine tonight but just don't have that trust that he will win us more points than cost us
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:25 pm

***** Chelsea and their 1-0 wins. Wish we could win like that every now and then  :down:

The mancs scoring a late winner as well  :veryangry

Well, at least we played a good match tonight. Well done for our lads. Roll on Everton.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:46 am

Just watched the highlights on MOTD, looks like we played well.
Well, that's the end of that nice little run of fixtures that we had following the United game in mid October, it gets much tougher from here on in I'm afraid, mind you the one good thing about playing your rivals is that if you do manage to win you not only collect 3 valuable points for yourself but you also manage to knock one of them back on their heels as well.
Here are our league games up until the end of March, practically every other game we have to play one of our rivals, I think it's pretty obvious that the next 3 months will define our season.

EVERTON (A)
STOKE (H)
MAN CITY (H)
SUNDERLAND (A)
MAN UNITED (A)
SWANSEA (H)
CHELSEA (H)
HULL (A)
TOTTENHAM (H)
LEICESTER (A)
ARSENAL (H)
BURNLEY (H)
MAN CITY (A)
EVERTON (H)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:56 am

Genuinely hold no fear of playing our rivals, especially at home. Think we step up in those games and never worry we will never turn up.

For me, it's the away games to the midtable sides that I always feel we mess up at. The away to the Stoke's, WBA's, Southampton's, West Ham's of this world is where our issues are.

Never feel we will lose to our direct rivals when at home. Absolute worse case scenario a draw but Anfield is so pumped up for those games and it's as though the fans are literally pulling in the ball into the net for us
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:51 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:46 am wrote:Just watched the highlights on MOTD, looks like we played well.
Well, that's the end of that nice little run of fixtures that we had following the United game in mid October, it gets much tougher from here on in I'm afraid, mind you the one good thing about playing your rivals is that if you do manage to win you not only collect 3 valuable points for yourself but you also manage to knock one of them back on their heels as well.
Here are our league games up until the end of March, practically every other game we have to play one of our rivals, I think it's pretty obvious that the next 3 months will define our season.

EVERTON (A)
STOKE (H)
MAN CITY (H)
SUNDERLAND (A)
MAN UNITED (A)
SWANSEA (H)
CHELSEA (H)
HULL (A)
TOTTENHAM (H)
LEICESTER (A)
ARSENAL (H)
BURNLEY (H)
MAN CITY (A)
EVERTON (H)

Yup we will find out by march time if will win it or not. At the moment there is a long way to go. Some crazy fixtures ahead. If we are to compete and also deal with league and FA cup then we must strengthen our squad in Jan.
Last edited by redshade on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:09 am

Must mention how quick Adama Traore is. Imagine having him on the left side and Mane on the right.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:36 am

Just a shame that TAA didn't score at the very end. He has been at Liverpool since he was 6 and he's a scouser. Bit early to suggest he is the next Gerrard but I have very high hopes !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:30 am

Good job on the win. matips absence worries me though. No way klavan will put in 2 shifts like that in one week.
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:45 am

So typical of liverpool... i went on a business trip and missed the game and they seemed to have played a blinder...

what's this thing about change in tactics guys?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Doeboy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:56 pm wrote:Genuinely hold no fear of playing our rivals, especially at home. Think we step up in those games and never worry we will never turn up.

For me, it's the away games to the midtable sides that I always feel we mess up at. The away to the Stoke's, WBA's, Southampton's, West Ham's of this world is where our issues are.

Never feel we will lose to our direct rivals when at home. Absolute worse case scenario a draw but Anfield is so pumped up for those games and it's as though the fans are literally pulling in the ball into the net for us

I agree in the sense that we always turn up against the better sides and don't tend to take our foot off the pedal halfway through the contest like we do against the lesser sides but it does have to be said that barring an extraordinary run of results chances are we are going to drop a few points in those games as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:30 pm

killerp » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:30 am wrote:Good job on the win. matips absence worries me though. No way klavan will put in 2 shifts like that in one week.

Think Matip was rested as a precaution. His ankle kept him out last week and he reported it feeling sore in the warm up. Am confident he'll be back for the Everton match.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:21 am

Good result, felt more confident with migs in goals. Lallana was excellent.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:42 pm

It was a good win with CLEAN SHEET a big plus, and we hope it will continue!
algymoon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games