NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:17 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:36 pm wrote:Im not slagging FSG off, bashing them or "battering them on the head". I think theyve done well and their record speaks for itself.
However, spare me the bullsh'it about "viable" and "cost". I have been led to believe that the premier league has had billions pumped in by sky, so whats the problem? Because FSG want to make a profit? Are they saying they wont make a profit with increased capacity?
Total bo'llocks!
:nod

Thommo you say: "We either need to increase capacity or we dont?
Stop the bullsh'it about cost and supporters moaning about ticket prices! Get your hands in your pockets and do whats best for the club!!"

Well if that isn't bashing the owners then I don't know what is !!! They invest £150m in the most incredible new stand and you tell them to get their hands in their pockets  :help

It is not simply a case of making a profit. It is also about profit margins. What is the point of spending a substantial amount of money on Anfield Road if the end result is to simply reduce FSG's profit levels. As I said before they are not a registered charity. Devaluing the club through poor investment is not in the interest of anybody. H & G took us to the brink of doom with the way they ran the club. Personally I do not want another repeat of that utterly embarrassing saga ever again !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:36 pm wrote:Im not slagging FSG off, bashing them or "battering them on the head". I think theyve done well and their record speaks for itself.
However, spare me the bullsh'it about "viable" and "cost". I have been led to believe that the premier league has had billions pumped in by sky, so whats the problem? Because FSG want to make a profit? Are they saying they wont make a profit with increased capacity?
Total bo'llocks!
:nod

IRRELEVANT

It really doesn't matter if the premier league is rich, what matters what long term benefit is for having to expand another stand, a profit is a gain for the club not just for the owners, a long term benefit is a benefit for the CLUB.

If they found that this will hurt the club in the long run then they won't proceed with it, it's basic finance, all organizations do this type of study before they go into improving an area of the organization.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:25 pm

In business terms you cant fault them really, books in order and rebuilding the new stand, plus they brought in Klopp and they do respond to fans in terms of managers, if we want them gone they go.

The final piece is success on the field and so far that has eluded them, we havent really moved on as a football power under their tenure and so far their structure has failed to deliver silverware or even a squad good enough to hit top 4 with any consistency.

My own view is they dont speculate enough in the market, and personally I would like them to drift from their wage and transfer structure for a few windows and lets see if we can get that title under Kloppo.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:02 pm

It's a difficult one. After the whole mess under those clowns H&G, i'm vary of doing anything that has the potentoal to destabilise us finanacially.

Now I don't know whether there is the scope for NESV to increase money spent on transfers and wages but one think I wouldn't want them to do is throw money around in trying to match the Chelseas, Citys and Utd's of this world, while at the same time putting us at risk from a financial perspective (they are clever people and no chance of this happening).

As a club, we managed to come out the shambles of the H&G reign with not too much serious damage but that situation at certain points was looking very bleak and the potential enormity of the situation should not be overlooked and not something I'd ever want us to face as a club again.

I don't believe we will be able to compete with the Citys, Utds and Chelseas under NESV when it comes to transfer fees and wages. However that doesnt mean we cant compete with them on te pitch and in the competition we play in.

Realistically, if we want to dine at the top table when it comes to signing the best players out there, we would need to be taken over or have a joint investor come in
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:43 am

So we dont need the Anfield Road end to increase its capacity in order to progress?
Thanks everyone
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby eds » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:46 am

Oh spare me the amount of dribble being written about our owners please.

You would think that we had won the premier league, CL and FA Cup all in one season by the amount of clueless back patting and pathetic calls for congratulations "on a job well done"  :no

We haven't won anything yet, we haven't been in the CL for years and Klopp is performing a minor miracle with the players we currently have.

Mags, has hit the nail on the head saying that if Klopp wasn't around this club would most likely be a basket case on the field and most of you would be calling time on the yanks by now. Probably one of the most profound things he said on this forum.

FSG have done a number of great things off the pitch from the stadium re-development to making us profitable again but as I have called out time and time again, we don't support a hedge fund we support a football club and winning trophies is why we are all here at the end of the day. We still have a massive way to go in challenging for titles on a consistent basis and being competitive in Europe. Also we have the very real possibility that Coutinho will leave for Barcelona next season. Hopefully Klopp has the guts and determination to see it through despite the limitations he has to contend with.

If we do end up winning anything over the next few years it will be because of Klopp and his incredible ability to get the most out of his players, it will have NOTHING to do with FSG and the imbecilic decisions they have made (other than appointing Klopp) with our fortunes on the field.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:03 am

eds » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:46 am wrote:Mags, has hit the nail on the head saying that if Klopp wasn't around this club would most likely be a basket case on the field and most of you would be calling time on the yanks by now. Probably one of the most profound things he said on this forum.

Yeah? Well F you too Eds  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 am

Merry Christmas to you too Mags.  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:00 pm

maguskwt » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:03 am wrote:
eds » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:46 am wrote:Mags, has hit the nail on the head saying that if Klopp wasn't around this club would most likely be a basket case on the field and most of you would be calling time on the yanks by now. Probably one of the most profound things he said on this forum.

Yeah? Well F you too Eds  :laugh:

Made me chuckle...  :laugh:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:56 pm

eds » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:46 am wrote:Oh spare me the amount of dribble being written about our owners please.

You would think that we had won the premier league, CL and FA Cup all in one season by the amount of clueless back patting and pathetic calls for congratulations "on a job well done"  :no

We haven't won anything yet, we haven't been in the CL for years and Klopp is performing a minor miracle with the players we currently have.

Mags, has hit the nail on the head saying that if Klopp wasn't around this club would most likely be a basket case on the field and most of you would be calling time on the yanks by now. Probably one of the most profound things he said on this forum.

FSG have done a number of great things off the pitch from the stadium re-development to making us profitable again but as I have called out time and time again, we don't support a hedge fund we support a football club and winning trophies is why we are all here at the end of the day. We still have a massive way to go in challenging for titles on a consistent basis and being competitive in Europe. Also we have the very real possibility that Coutinho will leave for Barcelona next season. Hopefully Klopp has the guts and determination to see it through despite the limitations he has to contend with.

If we do end up winning anything over the next few years it will be because of Klopp and his incredible ability to get the most out of his players, it will have NOTHING to do with FSG and the imbecilic decisions they have made (other than appointing Klopp) with our fortunes on the field.

Yes Eds we should all get down and bow to your superior knowledge  :help  Let's face it you gave FSG and Rogers no credit whatsoever when we failed to win the league by largely bad luck !! Yes we know it was all down to Suarez before you respond with your usual nonsense !! Rogers inherited a very weak squad after Kenny failed to wave his fan driven magic wand. I don't blame Kenny. I blame the fans idiotic expectations from a man that had been out of football management for over a decade and it should not be forgotten that he resigned from his original very successful managerial position at Liverpool due to ill health. Not particularly surprising given what Kenny went through after Hillsborough.

You praise Klopp to the hilt for what he has achieved since he arrived. Losing to Burnley and Bournemouth should not be forgotten. I can almost predict what you would have written if those results had been down to Rodgers. Let's also not forget the disastrous mess he made of the Europa League final that possibly holds the greatest prize in football. Love the bloke but so far he has shown that he is not infallible.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Clear they divide opinion put it that way and certainly prompt plenty of debate.

All I would say is that whatever opinion you hold it would remiss of fans to let them off the hook if anyone doubts for a moment they are not doing absolutely everything possible to bring that title to Anfield.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:20 am

devaney » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:56 pm wrote:
eds » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:46 am wrote:Oh spare me the amount of dribble being written about our owners please.

Yes Eds we should all get down and bow to your superior knowledge  :help  Let's face it you gave FSG and Rogers no credit whatsoever when we failed to win the league by largely bad luck !! Yes we know it was all down to Suarez before you respond with your usual nonsense !! Rogers inherited a very weak squad after Kenny failed to wave his fan driven magic wand. I don't blame Kenny. I blame the fans idiotic expectations from a man that had been out of football management for over a decade and it should not be forgotten that he resigned from his original very successful managerial position at Liverpool due to ill health. Not particularly surprising given what Kenny went through after Hillsborough.

You praise Klopp to the hilt for what he has achieved since he arrived. Losing to Burnley and Bournemouth should not be forgotten. I can almost predict what you would have written if those results had been down to Rodgers. Let's also not forget the disastrous mess he made of the Europa League final that possibly holds the greatest prize in football. Love the bloke but so far he has shown that he is not infallible.

Where do I start?

FSG have done a lot of things in their time here and I have simply pointed out the good and the bad, unfortunately the reality is we have one trophy under them and that has a large part to play with the players we have brought in that time. You on the other hand have praised them constantly and idolised them for a long time but simply ignored the elephant in the room.........we haven't been good enough on the field! That's why I constantly think you are a little unbalanced mate. Also the fact you and Leeroy Jenkins are the last two cultists on this forum who never accepted that Rodgers was nothing more than a snake oil peddler despite the rest of forum accepting this before he was sacked.  :no

I agree with all your points on Kenny and Klopp. It was very unfair of the yanks to bring Kenny in and put so much pressure on him after being out of the game for so long. After the sentimantily wore off Kenny was clearly out of his depth with the players he brought in and his style of play, the game had evolved well beyond his last tenure with us and it was none so painfully obvious in his last few games as our manager. On Klopp I have criticised him a number of times, yes he partly cost us the final in Europe last season and his tactics were downright stupid last week against Bournemouth BUT there is a great manager in there unlike your friend the shiny toothed used car salesman who will never amount to anything in his entire career. I'm confident Klopp will get it right with us sooner than later as it's clear as day he needs to sort out the defensive and mental fragility that currently exists. I would be shocked if he doesn't by the start of next season. My concern isn't Klopp though, it's those clueless idiots from Boston that may make his job incredibly harder if they don't want to pay for a certain player or two. Also I shudder to think how much they might "let" Coutinho go for. If he does go, we shouldn't budge from a $100m+ pay day. But I'm not confident as Suarez ended up going for peanuts really. And don't give me that $75m nonsense, it was confirmed (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... barcelona/) earlier this year that it was just under $65m in five installments.......... And these are the same idiots you don't want us to criticise  :laugh:

eds

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:41 pm

Eds how you can regard our owners as idiots is a little bit bewildering to say the least given what they have achieved. You idiotically seem to think that we can sign whoever we want providing we write a big enough cheque. To constantly highlight their transfer market activity is ridiculous. Let's face it before Klopp arrived you would have sold Lallana, Firmino, Milner, Henderson and Lovren.  It is not as if we haven't gone after some brilliant players. Sanchez (and his wife!) didn't want to come to Liverpool. Willian wanted to go to London (Spurs also tried to buy him). Costa also wanted to go to London. Geography was a key reason why we failed to sign those three players along with money and the small fact that we couldn't offer CL football.

When we sold Suarez and I'm not really bothered if it was £75m, £65m or even $65m he was tainted goods. If he was the giveaway that you suggest why were  there no other clubs interested in our darling little cannibal? Some of his on field  behaviour was downright embarrassing and did nothing for the reputation of Liverpool FC. He had three major strikes against his name and if you don't think that affected his sale price then you are being very naive. I'm a massive fan and I defended him constantly but that doesn't get away from the fact that at times he behaved like a complete idiot in the most disgusting of ways.

As for Rogers I don't know how many times I have to say that I don't even like the guy. I support Liverpool FC and that includes the owners and the manager. Yes I don't mind admitting that I will happily give Rogers some of the credit for us nearly winning the league. I will never sink to your depths and castigate the man. You sound like a spoilt brat and a very distant one at that !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:35 pm

They need to get their chequebook out in January that's for sure. Van Dijk, Dahoud and a decent keeper are a must.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:39 am

Hahaha, so if everything goes wrong it's FSG's fault, but if everything goes right it's Klopp, double standard much?  :laugh:  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion