Bournemouth vs Liverpool  Sun 4th Dec  13:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:43 pm

Well it's about opinions Mikz. I mean Klopp has shown he is no soft touch. Had that run in with Pulis last season and seen him ruffle the feathers of other managers durig the game. Even that gif of him giving that official the hair dryer treatment show he is not shrinking violet and let fly when needed
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:15 am

Definitely a few over reactions on this thread. Freak result and can happen to any team.

We did the same to Dortmund last season when they had the likes of Hummels, Gundogan, Mhikitaryan, Reus, Aubameyang etc. Doesnt mean they had no leadership or were mentally weak. We just had momentum much like Bournmouth when they scored their second.

This sort of thing happened to United at their best under Ferguson from time to time. They played open and expansive football and the odd time it doesnt click the team just isnt set up to batten down the hatches and you concede a few goals. I remember Southampton putting 6 past them one week and it wouldve been more had it not been for Schmeichel. But that same team won titles.

We are still in good shape. A dip was inevitable but we are capable of reacting this weekend and going on a winning run.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:58 am

JC_81 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:15 am wrote:Definitely a few over reactions on this thread. Freak result and can happen to any team.

We did the same to Dortmund last season when they had the likes of Hummels, Gundogan, Mhikitaryan, Reus, Aubameyang etc. Doesnt mean they had no leadership or were mentally weak. We just had momentum much like Bournmouth when they scored their second.

This sort of thing happened to United at their best under Ferguson from time to time. They played open and expansive football and the odd time it doesnt click the team just isnt set up to batten down the hatches and you concede a few goals. I remember Southampton putting 6 past them one week and it wouldve been more had it not been for Schmeichel. But that same team won titles.

We are still in good shape. A dip was inevitable but we are capable of reacting this weekend and going on a winning run.

Sensible post mate.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Given it's only our second defeat this season, I think some are reaching for the razor blades and sleeping pills a little too soon.

Yes, it was a disaster, but these things happen. We were missing 4 first teamers against Bournemouth too and I'm confident that Klopp will bring in two or three signings in January. I'd like us to ship out Migs and Sakho in Jan too and bring in some competition for the defence and Karius. However, despite the tears and tantrums on here, we don't have the worst defence in the league. In fact, we've only conceded 3 more than Man City.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games