Southampton vs Liverpool-Sat 19th November -3PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:55 am

Victory was there for the taking mate. We easily should have won 2-0.
I guess whats needed is clinical finishing. Maybe Klopp should have introduced Studge a little earlier.
Usually against park the bus sides we struggle to have good chances and just try long range shots. We had quite a few good chances to finish off saints.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:24 am

redshade » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:02 pm wrote:https://youtu.be/-dxf8CabKEM

Finishing was very poor. we could've easily had a couple of goals.

After I watched this, we should've won the game... anyway... games like this could happen... we move on...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:59 am

eds » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:07 am wrote:Not the worst result but we were terrible up front, should have buried at least 2 chances by Firminho and Clyne.

Clyne is a very good RB but his finishing and final ball into the box is quiet limiting. His only real achilles heel.

You have to hand it to Klopp, most teams know they have to play cowardly boring defensive football to get a result against us. Parking the bus is the only way to prevent a 3 or 4 goal drubbing.

Mourinho did it and now Puel. Both very lucky to get away with draws.

The question is how will Klopp respond to these ultra defensive set-ups.

We had the solution ,we created the chances ,we didn't score...Nothing to change in my opinion, other then the obvious subs where needed and which were way too late in Yesterday's match.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:28 pm

i know it's highly unlikely given Chelsea's recent form that Boro will get anything out of today's match but you never know.
If Boro do somehow manage to scrape a draw that would mean we'd still be top even after yesterday's result.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:30 pm

A point isn't a bad result given that we were struggling up front. We are always going to have the odd game like that until we can fill another position or two with quality. We didn't create an awful lot either and in a game where you might only get a chance or two you have to capitalise when the chance arises and that is where we let ourselves down.

Also thought we were solid at the back and dealt with anything they had to offer so while we might struggle to score it is comforting too know that we can keep them out the other end.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:40 pm

Just looking at City's results and fixtures and they have barely played anyone, they've only played 2 of the potential top 4 sides (United and Spurs) plus Everton and that's it. The rest of the teams they have played are the Boro's, West Brom's and Swansea's etc. They have got a lot of tricky fixtures coming up over the next couple of months.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:04 pm

I feel like our draw yesterday was a mental thing more than anything. Weight of expectations. Often complacency and lack of focus on the finish.

Just saying: It could be a good move to rest Coutinho and Mane and have Sturridge and Origi get more time.
kartiek

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:23 am

It was an away game. We did okay. We got a point. Unfortunately though the fact remains we should have won.Southampton never really looked threatening and we certainly missed quite a few important opportunities. Lallana was very badly missed!  If we are to be true title contenders then we can't afford to drop points in matches like these. Chelsea look annoyingly good  and I don't think we can simply rely on them having a blip at some stage in the season. January is also going to be a tricky month for us without Mané.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:57 am

We can take comfort in the fact that a few teams will drop points at St Marys as the season goes on but we really should have had 3 points rather than 1. I think Klopp took too long to make changes. Chelsea have Spurs and City coming up so hopefully they take points off each other and allow us to build a gap from our upcoming games
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:01 pm

It was very bad result!, two points were thrown away due to fancy play of non-productive football by Klopp! which it will fall flat on its face.
All the top five teams have good finisher CF who all get them out of trouble when their fancy attacking midfield players fails to score in tight games! Liverpool have one good finisher like Sturridge (who wouldn't be in club that long), but nutcase Klopp just keep him on the bench only for the last 8-10 minutes!, whereas the useless Firmino just misses chance after chance.

After losing Sturridge I cannot see LFC will remain in top five, sooner or later the other teams will ploy the same tactics as Southampton had applied against us..   Is the answer for scoring 20 goals a season be in Origi, who cannot even score 8 goals a season!
Let us face it the nutcase Klopp has no plan B, or C... just fair play tactics which it might only work against weak defenses!!!
algymoon

Postby eds » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:52 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:help
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:16 am

algymoon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:01 pm wrote:It was very bad result!, two points were thrown away due to fancy play of non-productive football by Klopp! which it will fall flat on its face.
All the top five teams have good finisher CF who all get them out of trouble when their fancy attacking midfield players fails to score in tight games! Liverpool have one good finisher like Sturridge (who wouldn't be in club that long), but nutcase Klopp just keep him on the bench only for the last 8-10 minutes!, whereas the useless Firmino just misses chance after chance.

After losing Sturridge I cannot see LFC will remain in top five, sooner or later the other teams will ploy the same tactics as Southampton had applied against us..   Is the answer for scoring 20 goals a season be in Origi, who cannot even score 8 goals a season!
Let us face it the nutcase Klopp has no plan B, or C... just fair play tactics which it might only work against weak defenses!!!

WUM or deranged?
:laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:12 am

Oh come on lads, this forum wouldn't be the same without an algy rant  :D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:45 am

Algy spices up the forum. Shame you don't post often mate. Its good to have a fruitful discussion and a laugh time to time.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games