Crystal Palace v Liverpool - Saturday 29 October KO 5:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:27 pm

devaney » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:45 am wrote:
Santa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:We've got Matip on a free...how much did Stones cost City again?

We've got Ojaria for peanuts...how much did Pogba cost United?

#impressed

Ejaria mate.

Yes your right, and I have been saying it for ages, that you don't necessarily have to go out and spend ridiculous amounts of money to buy quality players. What City spent on Stones and Sterling simply creates a bigger divide between the top and bottom clubs.  What United spent on Pogba was absolutely crazy.  In the same way that Balotelli looked good playing in Italy so did Poga playing for Juventus.  I am not for one minute suggesting that the lad is rubbish, I am simply making the point that he is not worth anything like £90m. Not many years ago we bought Suarez and Torres for approximately £22m each and when they were both sold we made a total of approximately £70m. Shame they were sold (not so much Nando as he was well and truly passed his best) but  let's face it it was a very decent bit of business. And as I have said before football is a business, it is not a registered charity. Just what will City make when they eventually decide to sell Sterling and Stones ? My guess is they will probably make a loss!  The same will almost certainly apply to Pogba.

Getting the best out of your players, as Klopp is successfully demonstrating,  is a far better way forward than employing a bunch of overpaid prima donnas !! As supporters, often through utter frustration, we are very quick to criticise the actions of the club. The transfer committee and Rogers are a classic example.  Yes they have made plenty of mistakes in the transfer market but that also applies to virtually every other club in the Premiership. Klopp as some people expected has not been drastic in the transfer market.  He is simply getting the best out of what he has got and that as far as I'm concerned is far more important than spending idiotic money.  There are several players in that team that are currently doing a very good job that many of us would have been quite prepared to let go sometime ago. I suppose that Is why Klopp gets paid £7.5m a year and I sit in my armchair !!

More of the same please Klopp and keep up the amazing work. Mind you I did say something similar when Rogers went on a 14 game winning streak and nearly won the league !!

Yep, Klopp has performed miracles with this team.
His back room staff deserve a mention too, obviously Buvac and Krawietz are his trusted lieutenants and do a great job but that new fitness coach and the new nutritionist that we swiped from Bayern have done a fantastic job also, we now look the fittest team in the league and always finish games strongly. Even when we are only 1 goal up and enduring a nervy last few minutes we always seem to have plenty of gas left in the tank and create plenty of chances late on.
When we are hanging on we are never pinned back in our area, our version of hanging on is to turn the match into an end to end basketball type game, we've too much energy just to sit back and absorb pressure, we've got to try and score ourselves.
It's great to watch it really is.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Great result at a ground where we often slip up. The conceded goals were comedy, lovren gave away both, the first by a ridiculous miskick, the second by losing consecutive headers v Benteke then McArthur. As a centre half he should have won at least one of those. But he kept going and fair play getting his goal. He is much improved and i would just put this down to a bad night for him. Individual errors will get ironed out and our defence will get better as the season goes on im convinced of it.

Going forward we were sensational and could have scored several more. Mane could have had 3 and at the least shouldve had 1. Clear penalty when Coutinho's header was handled altho they had a few claims themselves, of which i'd maybe have given one.

Great to see united floundering too, great to see it was Flanno's tackle that wound Jose up to get sent to the stands. Theyre 8 points of top and are out of the title race already. No chance theyll make back 8 points on us, Arsenal and City, let alone scrape ahead of the likes of Spurs.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:45 pm

A must needed win and was deserved, but the major worries is the weak goal keeper and leaky defense, and it is sometimes Noe-existing, and we will pay badly for it in future!
We can score 2-3 goals after good attacking play, but losing the same at the other end, it will not help, and when we come against good defenses we would not able to score not even one goal, but the end is wide open for other teams to score at will !!
algymoon

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:33 pm

Our defense deffinetely needs to tighten up. Currently we are guaranteed to concede every match. We could be in trouble if we be a goal or two down facing a strong team at the back. We still need to solidify at the back.

Titles are won by being strong at the back aswel. Getting clean sheets gives the defenders and GK confidence.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:23 pm

Lads it's HEAVY METAL football and with that comes some inevitable mistakes !! We are joint top of the league. We are the most entertaining team in the league. We have the most entertaining "bat crazy" manager in the league. For the first time in years we actually have some strength in depth. We have quality coming out of the academy. We have a ground to be proud of. We have an amazing worldwide fanbase. We have a fantastic commercial platform.

Personally I actually think we are in a better position this season than we have been for a very long time. Yes it would be amazing if our defence was as good as our attack. But hey I'm not going to be greedy. The improvement this season has been phenomenal so forgive me if I can accept some mistakes and simply enjoy the ride on the KLOPPO HEAVY METAL MACHINE !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:12 pm

devaney » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:Lads it's HEAVY METAL football and with that comes some inevitable mistakes !! We are joint top of the league. We are the most entertaining team in the league. We have the most entertaining "bat crazy" manager in the league. For the first time in years we actually have some strength in depth. We have quality coming out of the academy. We have a ground to be proud of. We have an amazing worldwide fanbase. We have a fantastic commercial platform.

Personally I actually think we are in a better position this season than we have been for a very long time. Yes it would be amazing if our defence was as good as our attack. But hey I'm not going to be greedy. The improvement this season has been phenomenal so forgive me if I can accept some mistakes and simply enjoy the ride on the KLOPPO HEAVY METAL MACHINE !!

:buttrock

Amen brother!
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:56 pm

devaney » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:Lads it's HEAVY METAL football and with that comes some inevitable mistakes !! We are joint top of the league. We are the most entertaining team in the league. We have the most entertaining "bat crazy" manager in the league. For the first time in years we actually have some strength in depth. We have quality coming out of the academy. We have a ground to be proud of. We have an amazing worldwide fanbase. We have a fantastic commercial platform.

Yep good post mate.
I actually think our defence is playing better than the stats show, it's not as if we are giving opposition teams chance after chance, Swansea is probably the only game I can think of this season where the scoreboard has maybe been kind to us, every other game I think our goals against tally has flattered the opposition.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games